vodafone default removal

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2662 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Everyone,

I used to have a vodafone account many years ago and something happened where i thought it had ended all paid up but it turned out i still owed some money.

Once i found this out i got it paid

but after looking at my credit file i see that vodafone put a default on it

. although the payment shows as being missed in 2010 the default never went on until 2013 which means the file will not be removed until 2019,

is there any way this can be rectified as if the default was lodged in 2010 it would be deleted from my account now.

I'd like to add that this was for a fairly small amount and is causing me a real pain in obtaining credit.

if anyone can help me with this it would be much appreciated,

i asked vodafone online chat for the contact details for their credit department and they gave me two phone numbers.

..i rang both.

one was experian and the other equifax...

not who i wanted to speak to.

was not impressed.

please help! Terry

Hi and welcome to CAG

I think a letter to customer relations may elicit some result.

The grounds I feel are that the missed payment was in 2010 and as such, any default should have been placed within a reasonable period, usually no later than 6 months after the missed payment.

As this was up to 3 years later, this is (in my opinion) a breach of the Data Protection Act.

Whilst waiting for a response from VF, you can place a notice of correction on the relevant listing on your credit file (up to 200 words) to state that you are disputing this and a short reason why the missed payment occurred.

Did you not receive any letters from VF after leaving to let you know that there was a payment outstanding? Did you not get a Default Notice? Have you moved house since closing the account?

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Hi silverfox and thankyou for the reply! yes i think its out of order that every month between missed payment and final payment shows as default on my credit report...maybe the default letter came to me but i cant remember. Any idea how i contact customer relations? so far ive tried alot of ways but am getting nowhere.

Don't ring them and if you use live chat, make sure that you keep a copy of the chat.

I would be sending a Formal Complaint to

Customer Relations

Vodafone House,

The Connection,

Newbury,

Berkshire

RG14 2F

I would head your letter Formal Complaint just in case they cannot understand the simple logic of this.

Lay out your grounds for complaint.

It is worth mentioning that around the time your default was issued, VF implemented new software which totally screwed their systems up and many thousands of customers both old and current suffered resulting in a £4.6m fine this year.

At the very least you want them to remove the default as it was wrongly placed.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE