non molestation order.

dcc59
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2652 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Happy new year everyone. My daughter was granted a non molestation order against her ex partner in November 2016.

The judge read the order to him in court and outlined the penalties for breaching the order.

He has since broken the order and the police have been informed.

The only problem is the police have said the order has not been served.

would the fact that the judge read the order to him constitute it being classed as served?

Also the police told somebody not connected to the case about this and they told us

. look forward to your thoughts.

Contact the court where the judgement was made.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

I'm no expert in this area, but the information I can find online suggests that a non-molestation order would only need to be formally served if the abuser was not present at court.

The point about service is that people have to know about orders made against them. As he was physically in court, I don't see how he could claim that he was not aware of the order.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

This is what I thought. have called the court and I am waiting for a reply. Have also told police that he has been served, but it seems that they can't be bothered. Must be the paperwork involved. So I have escalated it with them and am now waiting for response from senior officer, along with asking why the information was given to somebody not connected to the case. will updare when I have received a response from them.

many thanks for you input.