style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1065 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi, I am over 18 and I was shopping at a major store last week,

I bought about 12 items but one of the items I threw into my trolley landed directly into the carrier bags I had brought to store.

I was stopped by security exiting the store and taken to the back room where I was videoed and had my driving licence taken for ID and a CR check

. The police were not called as the item was under £20 in value

, I was told I was/would be banned for 12 months

and that an RLP company would be in touch to recover £80 - £120.

I have two questions:

1. Should I pay the RLP company

2. I am travelling to America in the summer, can any of this affect my visa application?

Many Thanks

Brenda

No

No

your answers

They have no loss just send threatograms

Extortion comes to mind!

sure other will agree

:mad2::-x:jaw::sad:

Forget about it totally

Respond to nothing

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

spreadsheets 

Hi and welcome to CAG

No

No

your answers

They have no loss just send threatograms

Extortion comes to mind!

sure other will agree

That is the simplest explanation EVER. Nice one!

You will get many letters from RLP stating they can do this that and the other but in reality, they can't. The only people that could take action is Tesco except they won't. Stores pass the responsibiity on to RLP in the hope that RLP can get something and then take a share of the revenue.

If a store gets back the items in saleable condition or a shoplifter pays for the goods then there is no claim.

Please read other threads to get an idea of the tricks RLP may pull and if you get worried that they are going to do something, come back and advice will be forthcoming.

In the meantime, ignore them.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Many thanks one and all

Hi I got a DWF letter on the 10th looking for the value of the item (although I thought they would be resellable) and £125.00 fixed costs.

On a side note I was told I was banned for 12 months by security but did not sign anything, will I get a letter from Tesco re this or is their word enough? Also if the 'interview with security' was recorded they stated clearly I would be charged between £80.00 and £120.00, small point but is this some form of failure on their part giving me false or misleading information, also some people mention being given a letter explaining RLP at the time and I wasn't is this a requirement?

ignore it is begging you! and shop elsewhere from now on answers in para 2///3/4/ have a nice day

:mad2::-x:jaw::sad:

I had forgotten that DWF took over from RLP at Tesco however the advice remains the same. Just because they are a firm of solicitors means nothing. They cannot do anything to you.

Tesco would have to instruct DWF to sue but they don't as the lies would come out over this 'charge'. Highly unlikely you will get anything from Tesco as once they pass the case on to these chancers their role ceases.

Ignore

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE