BankFodder BankFodder

• Tweets

• having a green blob sadly doesn't mean i'm actually online, where I reside the internet is liable to interruption with no easy nor cheap alternative to get backup, one has to wait....   for the magic to happen and someone has to twists together the break in the +150mls of fibre cable or knocks the dish back in alignment across one microwave link over a body of water and i'm back online   it wasn't a childish emoji, tape up ones mouth and say nothing more... as the moral police will be up soon criticising CAG for condoning debt avoidance by confirming your correct assumption..there is nothing they can do about...   the only paypal debt to be wary of is the paypal credit card which a branded newday card which ofcourse is financed by a UK company under the consumer credit act and is legally enforceable in this country...   what is quite urgent ...and what are you scared about....
    • To follow up with additional information:   personal loans: 15k with Tesco bank  9.5k with Halifax bank   credit cards: 3.5k Barclaycard 4k MBNA 3.5k Halifax  4k Tesco bank    I would be grateful if anyone can advise what to do in my current circumstances.   thanks 
    • As for: 1. “Smallpox is just one thing,“ I don’t know what you mean by “just one thing” (especially when you are trying to put words in my mouth / create a “straw man”) - so it’s hard to answer. If you mean “one vaccine target not mutating over many centuries“ - yes.   “we have a 'cure'” : I never said we have a cure, yet another attempt to put words in my mouth. As for “treatment” rather than “cure” : Work on Cidofovir and its analogue brinCidofovir started, though they never got FDA approval. Tecovirimat: FDA approved.   “and its gone forever (apart from 2 declared labs (and maybe one alleged other lab at most))“   Never said that either. Official stocks are held in 2 labs (hey! You haven’t named the 3rd lab you said held stocks, and now your position has changed to “(and maybe one alleged other lab at most))“ - strange that!   A single case of smallpox anywhere in the world would be a global health  There might be stocks not found / not destroyed (though I’d hope not!) There might be “rogue actors” There might be “rogue nations” exhumed victims are a concern. None if that is in contradiction to what I’ve posted .....   ”Even if it isn't gone forever, we have the cure for the one virus which doesn't change/mutate” more trying to get me to say that which I haven’t said. We have treatments, we have vaccine. There are experts to rapidly identify any case, and (no doubt!) plans to isolate cases and contacts and ring-fence vaccinate. Some people can’t be vaccinated. There isn’t (currently!) enough vaccine to vaccinate the whole world. There are treatments. That is what I’m happy to say, but never have I claimed “there is a cure”   If smallpox re-emerges, if it isn’t contained rapidly I’d expect a massive death toll, followed by a renewed eradication program, then a period of post-eradication surveillance.....
    • Hi All,   I’m after some help regarding my current circumstances. I’ve been going through mental health issues over the past few months. Which has led to me to work part time as this moment of time.   I have a debt of around 25k in personal loans and 15k in credit cards. I’m in a position whereby I can not afford to pay anything towards these debts. What is the best solution towards this as I have to pay £550 towards the personal loans and around £300 for the credit card debts.    I would be grateful for your advice as this moment of time I am contemplating serious thoughts and I could do with some one that can help me find a way through this mess I am in.   kind regards,    
    • I found a life insurance policy, so there’s money, I’d rather try and get a settlement figure and pay them out the policy than have them put a charge on the house. I just begrudge using the money to pay that shit instead of the mortgage. 
  • Our picks

rosequeen

Old HSBC/Midland Bank credit card statements

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1108 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I'm posting on here as my query is related to PPI.

Can anyone let me know if they've managed to obtain copies of old Midland Bank/HSBC credit card statements from the mid 1990's?

I have the account number but no paperwork.

I've read about one other poster on here who took HSBC to a small claims court in 2007, for non compliance over a DSAR and bank charges complaint.

Has anyone else had a similar experience and had to take matters this far to get their data.

I asked the ICO for an opinion and they accepted the bank's advice that they only hold statements from six years ago

have you already sent an sar?

Yes I've already tried that. The bank said nothing available since my account has been closed more than six years ago.

It's the same old story that I've heard from other banks, but when you read about some customers taking them to a small claims court and then miraculously the bank locates the statements in their microfiche records a week before the court date. It does make you wonder........

They are liars... they have stuff going back to the 1980s and beyond... I know that for a fact as I'm currently claiming PPI from 1987... but I do have the documents... they are very, very difficult to liase with... and they lie through their teeth. TB

Thanks ThedaBara, can I ask how you know the information is held by HSBC back to the 1980's? Did you manage to get your documents from this bank or did you already have them?

If I take it any further I need some convincing evidence of non compliance.