• Tweets

• Quick update. I've now recieved a letter before action from them with a form to return enclosed, still no credit agreement however. I assume just a case of following the other thread and returning form with no CCA as the reason?
    • Thanks for coming back and letting us know. Obviously we totally disagree with their decision.  Their remortgaging could only have gone wrong if they had ended up with a CCJ.  And how do you get a CCJ?  If you lose in court and then defy the court and don't pay.  Even if you lose in court, you don't get a CCJ as long as you pay within the 30 days ordered by the court.  Even had they lost in court the judge would have disallowed the interest and the £70 Unicorn Food Tax that PE made up.  There was no advantage whatsoever for giving in and paying now. But thanks to you for letting us know - a hell of a lot of users don't.
    • Hi everyone.   Before I say anything, TFL finally responded to the email I sent last week:   Thank you for your email, we acknowledge the signed documents you have returned in preparation for your hearing.   We note that this matter is causing you some stress and anxiety, however this is not a reason for TfL to discontinue proceedings. It is not unusual for passengers that have been summonsed to court to experience these symptoms, and we do have some empathy with your concerns.   However, as previously stated, TfL do not accept out of court settlements, and you will have the opportunity at your hearing, to provide your mitigation to the court prior to a decision being reached by them on how they intend to deal with this matter (usually a fine).   I am sorry that this decision is not more favourable.   Yours sincerely   James Vallis     At least he sounds more sympathetic in this email…   Only one week to go until the court hearing and I am so so nervous. I’ve prepared some questions and answers in preparation for what to say to the magistrate. It will help calm me down if I know roughly what to expect. If you could give feedback on it that would be great. If you have anything to add please do let me know.   As far as I know the court hearing will happen in these stages: Introduction and statement of facts Pleading guilty for the journeys I made with my mother’s card Penalty sentencing Appeal (if charged with a criminal record)   Am I guilty? Yes.   Why did I not pay the fare legally? Last year there was a lot going on in my life and I was struggling financially so to relieve some of this I used my mother’s Oyster card. I know it’s not an excuse and it’s still wrong.   Why do I not accept a criminal record? I really don’t want it to affect my chances of finding a job in the future. I will be the one earning money in my family so I am doing my best and studying hard to be able to get a good job. A criminal record would mean that regardless of how hard I’m working I won’t get the job I want after I graduate. This fills me with so much regret, sadness and disappointment in myself. I just want to be a good daughter for my mother because she’s already had to deal with many hardships in her life and I don’t want to make it any harder for her.
    • HI all, This is done now. My daughter and her fella are currently in the process of remortgaging so they just paid it out of panic. Thank you anyway DX
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Restons Tomlin Order

quasar911
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2642 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello All,

I have been paying Restons on a Tomlin order £30 a month for the last few years and now is nearly up

£87 left.

However when they recently sent me last statement, i see that they have added two charges £80 and £60 for court fees and costs.

This never actually went to court as i agreed to a tomlin order.

Are they allowed to do this ?

Also, My bank changed and all DD's closed, and the Restons one got deleted, whats the worst that can happen ? Will they simply write to me ?

Thanks In Advance

Q.

Thread moved to Financial Legal Issues forum.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

No its not allowed,

and also, did you actually check teh debt was genuine?

restons are sols for hire and never check teh validity of a debt.

But thats in the past now.

Pay what you owe,

then ask them why theyre charging you court costs when it didnt go near a court.

remember,

restons are a very shady company that have no morals or ethics.

DOnt play nice with them.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

When you signed the Tomlin Order it should say how much to pay to discharge you from the order. If they did not add it originally to the Tomlin Order then they are stuffed

My Tomlin Order states if i miss a payment they will write to me and give me 14 days to bring the account up to date

Just send the missing payment by bank to bank transfer to bring it up to date

Edited by obiter dictum

However when Restons recently sent my last statement, i see that they have added two charges £80 and £60 for court fees and costs.

Not like Restons to do anything underhand :madgrin:

But there would of been an extra fee for the Tomlin Order to be sealed with the Court....£50ish

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

tell us about the debt too 911

who was the OC?

what type of credit?

etc etc.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

it was a valid debt ( credit card ) which i tried to get written off, and didnt get lucky,

i shall have to email them, what shall i write ?

No they didnt explain anything to me at all about these extra charges

who said it was valid?

did you send a CCA request and file a defence?

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

As advised you pay the amount stated within the schedule of the Tomlin Order...if the fee for the Tomlin Order has been included...thats what you pay...if its not been included allow an extra £50 over and thats what you pay not a penny more.

If they have failed to include the fee for the court claim and sols fee for the court claim...thats their problem.

Andy

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

I have emailed them today about the charges and that according to the Tomlinson agreement I still need to pay 87, and that my bank accounts have changed. Least I have told them and need their details to pay the rest so I can be in the clear

I have had another email from the, and still they are NOT answering my questions on what the 2 charges where for and why it wasnt a £45 charge,

here is the statement, they added the charges on in 2013 but this was not mentioned to me at all.

on their tomlin order it states :

Note: This order has been made without a hearing under the Courts case management powers contained in the

Civil Procedure rules Part 3. You may within 7 days of the service of this order, apply to the Court to set aside or

to vary the order under Part 23 Rule 10. You must file with the Court, and serve on the other parties, an application

that sets out your reasons for objection. A fee is payable upon the filing of the application. When your objection

is received the matter will be listed for hearing unless you ask the Court to vary the order without a hearing.

so there was NO court hearing, so why the 2 costs ?

Edited by quasar911

Pic shows ref no,s removed it

and they

anyone, restons are emailing me but they are avoiding then charges, i am refusing to pay the last 57 quid till they explain charges,

if i send a CCA and they fail to prove it, can i claim the £1100+ back ?

anyone, restons are emailing me but they are avoiding then charges, i am refusing to pay the last 57 quid till they explain charges,

if i send a CCA and they fail to prove it, can i claim the £1100+ back ?

See post#9 above.

No you cant claim anything back...nor are they compelled to respond to a CCA request

ok thats fine, i expected that,

what about the £1 payments for £1000 and £2000 there that the wife is paying,

can we do a CCA and keep paying until a certain time limit is hit. ?

If they DO prove it, can we carry on paying £1 or will they demand a lot more.

Thanks in Advance

They dont need to prove anything...unless you seek recourse with the court and breach the Tomlin Order and let the claim progress to trial.

With regards to the rest of your post Im afraid I haven't a clue what you refer to or asking?

Andy

re-edited picture

restons are saying :

We write further to your email of January 13, 2017.

Please refer back to our email of the above date and the attached Statement of Account. There you will see that the £65.00 added to the balance is the Court Fee associated with the issuing of proceedings, along with £85.00 Court Costs, also associated with the issuing of proceedings. These are not fees and costs added by this office, but by the Court.

For the avoidance of any doubt, you are liable for the above fees and costs. Should you fail to maintain payments in line with the Tomlin Order we may request Judgment is entered against you.

Yours faithfully,

Miss S Delooze

Case Manager

restons.GIF

Can you scan or type out the the terms (schedule) of the Tomlin order ?

I have asked them for the Order - here as below

They are now refusing to reply to my emails and said they will be logged but not responded to - my last email i was asking for the bank details so i can setup standing order again - :

ARROW GLOBAL GUERNSEY LIMITED

Date

(lSi Claimant I

1 November 20 1 3 I

MY NAME 11" Defendant

Before Deputy District Judge Elmer sitting at Northampton (CCBC) County Court, 4th Floor St Katharine's House,

2 1-27 St Katharine's Street, Noithampton, NN 1 2LH

UPON READING the Minute of Order filed herein, a copy of which is annexed hereto

WITHOUT HEARING

AND BY CONSENT

IT IS ORDERED THAT: -

An order is hereby granted in the terms of the said annexed Minute and that it do stand as the order of this Court

Note: This order has been made without a hearing under the Courts case management powers contained in the

Civil Procedure rules Part 3. You may within 7 days of the service of this order, apply to the Court to set aside or

to vary the order under Part 23 Rule 10. You must file with the Court, and serve on the other parties, an application

that sets out your reasons for objection. A fee is payable upon the filing of the application. When your objection

is received the matter will be listed for hearing unless you ask the Court to vary the order without a hearing.

UPON the application of the Solicitors for the Claimant and the Def&t in pmon

AND UPON the parties having agreed tenns of settlement set forth in the schedule hereto,

IT IS ORDERED BY CONSENT THAT: -

1. All further proaxdings in the Claim be Stayed upon the terms set out in the Schedule

hereto except for the purpose of canying out this Order and the said tenns into effect

by which the parties are to be at liberty to apply.

2. There be no Order for Costs.

Schedule

1. The Dcfcndant do pay the Claimant the sum of E1257.35 in ftill settlement of the

Claim (the "Settlement Sumn);

2. The Settlement Sum be paid to the Claimant's Solicitors by way of monthly

instalments of £30.00, commencing on 16 October 201 3 and payable on or before the

16th day of each consecutive calendar month thereafter,

3. In default of paragraphs 1 and 2 above, the Claimant do be entitled to enter Judgment

for the Settlement Sum (without fivther Order), less payments made under the terms

of this Order.

I see No 2 - says no order for costs - does this mean i should NOT have those fees added ?

on the statment and from what they said on total costs when sending letter to court, they added their fees first which totalled £1257 and then did the order.

to me - thats very naughty

they even said in their other email for ME to ring court - i think they are trying to fob me off

the default balance is £1112.35

Thanks

2. There be no Order for Costs.

I have been telling you this for 2 weeks :wink:

No you dont...I really cant seem to explain this any clearer and apologies If Im not explaining it correctly...lets try again....

YOU PAY 1. The Defendant do pay the Claimant the sum of £1257.35 in full settlement of the Claim (the "Settlement Sum);

That is all you have to pay not 1 penny more as per their demand and requests and what they state on their statement.

They......have....forgot..... to add.....the.....cost.... of the claim fee and sol fees to the Tomlin Order figure of £1257.35.

They cant ask or add it afterwards because the Tomlin Order was sealed with the figure of £1257.35.

so what exactly is the court sissue cost and court summons cost they have added,

i was told the court stamps an tomlin for about £45.

so they have cheekily added those bullcrap fees to make the total to 1257 then got it stamped,

should i actually be paying the 65 and 80,

Fee for a Tomlin Order is £45/50 not sure exactly.

Look at your court claim......look at the debt amount .......look at the court fee and Sol cost (bottom Right)

Post a breakdown of the figures on the Claim here.