working while claiming letter!!

snowy101
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2657 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all ,

I have received a letter form the job centre saying they have information I was working while claiming unemployment & benefits.

They want me to give them wage slips pertaining to this " employment" , the only problem is I don`t have any wage slips as I was not working while claiming benefits . I was unemployed after redundancy , found a job & signed off & everything was normal but now this. I have absolutely no idea what is going on , I had a bad time with the job centre & became a pain to them when insisting on my rights regarding job search etc. etc. refusing them access & generally holding them to the letter of the law after reading advice on here, it definitely marked me out & I had some problems with the staff .

I was very glad to see the back of the JC , I will be working abroad for 6 weeks very soon & would like this cleared up . The letter [ imho ] reads like I am guilty , informing me that I have 14 days to reply & a decision will be made . I have no idea what this is about but I need advice on how to reply & how to proceed .

Thanks in advance

Snowy

All you have to do is provide information regarding your new job and advise them that prior to this new job you were not working.

If they then come back with other information, then you can respond. It might just be a data error on some records that has been picked up.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

I don't think providing information relating to your current job is necessary. It has nothing to do with them in so far as it does not involve them. You do have privacy rights.

As for the information they claim to have: You could write and say that the DWP and JCP hold records of the period during which you were unemployed and claiming unemployment benefits. You are not privy to any other information that they may or may not hold therefore can't comment on it or provide evidence for or against its veracity.

You might also inform them that you want them to regard your letter as a formal Subject Access Request (SAR). That you want them to provide you with a copy of all the information held by DWP and JCP, and any other organisation to whom they sub-contracted any dealings relating to you, both on hard paper and electronically, and including all records and notes of verbal communications. This to include the period from which you made your claim for unemployment benefit up to and including receipt by them of this letter.

If nothing else that should give them something to do to keep them busy for a while.

Thanks for all the reply's.

The letter came from Belfast but the return envelope is FAO the local job centre manager .

I wont be giving them any details of my current employment as it`s none of their business , they have provided no information, just assumptions & threats so I will take Lapsed advice.

It annoys me greatly I have to devote time to this nonsense & will also add that any further correspondence will be dealt with via my solicitor . I will of course pick a solicitor in Ireland where I shall be working & see what transpires .