DinoPC faulty from day1, now they say I did it!!!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2613 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I hope I am posting in the correct place.

I bought a PC for £900 on the 15th December 2016

On the 16th December it was clear there was a fault with the graphics. I contacted the company and the said if I paid for a new graphic card they would refund my money when they received the damaged one back. I did this and a new graphic card arrived and I was refunded the money.

However the new graphic card did not solve the problem and the computer still had no display. I contacted them again and they said they would repair the whole computer so I carefully boxed it and sent it back for repair.

I received the repaired computer back on the 29the December

By the 30th it did not have a display again. I again contacted the company who said send it back again and we will replace all the components

I did this and it arrived back at the company on the 3rd January. On the 4th January intecieved and email saying they would not fix the computer because it looked like someone had deliberately damaged it.

I phone the technician and he was so rude and aggressive I ended up crying. He basically said someone had removed the cpu and caused damage so they would not repair

They sent me photo of the damage and it was appalling. It looked like someone has gone at the inside of the computer with a hammer.

I know I did not damage that computer. I had no reason too. It is my hard earn £900 so why would I

The only person who could have removed that cpu was the technician. However I realise it is his word against mine. He has photos of damage and I do not have any photos

Why would I take photos. They told me they would fix the problem and I believed they would as I paid extra for a warranty.

That computer never worked properly since the day it was delivered on the 15th December

In addition it spent most of the Christmas and new year in the box waiting for collection. Due to the holidays I couldn't even get it repaired promptly.

Now I'm certain the company will not give a refund because they are claiming I damaged the computer. They have the advantage over me because the computer is in their possession and they can do anything to it and then take photos.

All I know is the photos the sent me did not resemble what I sent back. It's not just damage by the courier. That sort of damage could only happen if someone opened the machine and forced the cpu removal. Bacially it is the technician word against mine.

Any way I sent a letter asking for a refund under my statuary rights but I'm scared they are going to deny a refund and say I caused the damage. It is a real mess because I can't prove I did not cause the damage.

And the man was so rude and aggressive he made me cry

I'm certain the damage was caused by him once they had it back in the company.

What is worrying is that I can never prove it and it is his word against mine. He has photo evidence of damage . But no evidence who caused that damage.

It will take me another two years to save that money again for a computer

It's so depressing

I'm more sinned against

Than a sinner

Sorry for the bad post

It really difficult as I only have my iPhone to connect to the internet

I was just wondering where the onus proof lays in regards to the consumer credit act. I'm certain the company will say I caused the damage.

Moreover I paid extra money for an extended warranty will they try to tell me this extra £160 is non refundable

I'm more sinned against

Than a sinner

You are still within 30 days of the date of the sale. This means that you are entitled to exercise your short-term right to reject under the Consumer Rights Act 2015.

Write them a letter and send it by email but also by recorded delivery post informing them that there is a defect with the computer and that it has been there from the beginning and that you are rejecting it with immediate effect and you want your money back.

From the sound of it, you will probably have to take them to the Small Claims Court. The issue as to who cause the damage was certainly be raised in court and although there is an assumption that the defect existed in the computer at the time that it was sold. If they raise the defence that it has been damaged by you, then this will have to be decided by the judge.

I have to say that I think you are completely wrong to agree to repair it yourself in the first instance – although it is a bit late in the day to point that out to you. You should have rejected it immediately and sent it back. Too late for that now.

However, you've been here since 2007 and I have really no idea why you bother to waste your money on an extended warranty. You are perfectly adequately covered by your statutory rights.

If you succeed in enforcing your rights under the 2015 Act, then you will also be able to claim back the money for your extended warranty. If you lose your claim that I'm afraid you will also lose the money for the extended warranty.

It's now up to you what you want to do but I would certainly start off by sending the letter of rejection immediately.

You haven't told us who the seller of this computer is. I think we would like to know

Thank you Mr Fodder,

I have already sent a letter asking if they will refund my money in full and quoting the consumer credit act. Who decides this?

I have all the email correspondence from the company that told me to open the case on the computer and I even asked at one point if doing so would void the warranty.

I took their advice because they were technical support and I trusted them to help me fix the problem.

I'm guessing I have already lost that money.

But what need to be highlighted is the despicable behaviour of the technician

I know I did not damage that machine but I can't prove it.

There are only two people who know the truth about the damage caused to that machine but I can't prove it .

I have one photo of the machine in tact before I sent it back.

However because the technician now has the machine I am wide open to anything he wished to do it and then photo it and blame me.

What a stupid vulnerable and nieve position i am in.

By the way what is the relevance of you comment " you have been here since 2007"

The company is DinoPC

Sorry I meant to say who decides if I lose my claim under the consumer credit act?

With a purchase like a computer it is not so easy to say hay it does not work as expected. Please take it back.

The company would not take it back until I had tried all their troubleshoot advice.

They asked me to open the case to check if cable have come loose in transit.

They asked me to do simple checks on the hard ware

All these problems could have happened in transit.

They will change me the money for collection and return if I just sent it back and there was no problem.

So you are pressured into trying the troubleshooting advice.

I'm more sinned against

Than a sinner

I would put the ball in their court by doing a chargeback if they don't refund you.

Then they would have to prove that you damaged the computer deliberately as they say.

Please, from now on stay off the phone and proceed in writing or at least record the calls.

Thank you

Yes that is sound advice

I have no intention of phoning them again. The technician I spoke to spoke over me was rude and aggressive and he made me cry because he would not listen at all.

As I said before there are only two people who know who did that damage. I know I did not remove that cpu and as I live alone the only other person who could have removed the cpu was the technician.

He knows the truth.

But I'm never going to get any one to believe me.

I gues I have lost my £900 a hard lesson to learn

What is charge back?

Why has the thread title changed?

@BankFodder

Could you please explain why the tittle of my post has changed?

I would be very grateful if you could help me to change it back to its original title which was

" I'm worried my consumer goods rights might have been sabotaged "

As I only have an iPhone at the moment I can't seem to see the settings to change it back.

I'm a bit concerned that it was changed without my knowledge

I'm more sinned against

Than a sinner

Don't worry about the title change, It's just admin to have better hits probably.

Check chargeback and section 75 on google.

It's basically a service where banks refund your money for transactions that have gone wrong like in your case.

Hopefully you have paid by debit or credit card...

Happy reading

Thanks for that Mr King

About the title change I was just getting a little worried that the company would be able to indentify the thread and link it with me and be able to guess what I was going to do next form the wonderful advice I have been given here. And if I'm honest I'm a big hater of using "text speak"

M8 should be written as mate

U should be written as you

1 should should be written as one.

I'm a bit obsessive compulsive about that ....OCD

Lol 😝 I mean laugh out loud.

Any way I send the letter that I found on this website to ask about return my money under the 30 days consumer act. I sent it via email so I know they would have received it from today.

How long before I expect a reply? Is there a specific time scale I should give the company to respond

My 30 days end on the 14th January

Because of the Christmas and new year breaks that 30 day went by real quick and most of the time the computer was in its box waiting to be sent back

Many thanks

I'm more sinned against

Than a sinner

Hi,

I wouldn't worry too much about the thread title. I would suspect companies that do not follow the Consumer Rights Act would likely trawl the internet for bad reviews then try and 'persuade' you to take them down. Usually with threats of legal action.

So long as what you have posted is factual, any threats will be groundless.

You have the emails from them which I encourage you to print off or store them on a USB stick. As mentioned, only ring them if you can record them. It may be that they register here to discuss with you the issues you have mentioned.

The simple fact is that the PC is not fit for its intended purpose and as such, they must refund in full including delivery and return postage.

If they still refuse to refund, you can take court action against them. You didn't void any warranty as you had their permission to open up the case.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Thank you Mr Fox

The simple fact is that the pc was not fit for purpose from the first day they delivered if. I reported this to them via email with pictures of the broken display

I was wondering how long I should wait for a reply to my 20 days under the consumer act letter

I'm more sinned against

Than a sinner

I had a dro a few years ago

I can't get any credit and that is a good thing

It has taught me to save up and then buy stuff

That is what i did. I saved long and hard to buy this computer

It took me 12 / 18! months to save up. I paid via visa.

I'm sorry for sounding impatient but I'm now stuffed until I save up again. The only way I can get online is by my iPhone so please forgive me if I sound impafient another deadlines and stuff

I'm more sinned against

Than a sinner

title change was to embarrass as much as draw attention to the company.

gotta admit they must have changed a bit in the last 2yrs

cause I used them for several hundred PC's over several years

and they never quibbled once.

even sent a free courier to get the broken ones and send them back.

get that chargeback running

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

title change was to embarrass as much as draw attention to the company.

gotta admit they must have changed a bit in the last 2yrs

cause I used them for several hundred PC's over several years

and they never quibbled once.

even sent a free courier to get the broken ones and send them back.

get that chargeback running

Thank you

Yes I agree that at first I was fine with the tech support although a bit mad that the computer did not work and I had to wait over the xmas period without a machine. The company appeared to want to help fix the issue at first.

Yes this is as factual as it can be. Fact - I did not remove the cpu or cause any damage.

Speculation - if I did not remove the cpu the only other person with access to it was the DinoPC technician. Reasonable to assume then that the damage was caused by them removing the cpu.

I'm drafting a letter to my bank about chargeback. I'm waiting before sending it for two reasons. One it's hard to do everything on my flipping phone 😝 And two I think it's only fair to give them the opportunity to respond to my request about refund me under consumer act.

I sent that email yesterday and I await a response. I'm just wondering how long I should wait.

I'm more sinned against

Than a sinner

You can ring your bank first and request the chargeback or visit the branch.

I do suggest that you write to the director of the company.

Vladimir KUZNETSOV

Unit 6C Dominion Business Park

Goodwin Road

Edmonton, London

N9 0BG

They also have a presence on Facebook, Twitter etc so you could always shame them there as well. If sending a letter (I can't find an email for the boss) send it signed for delivery.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

ive know cpu's and their heatsink/fan to jump out In transit before

and on their pc's too!

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

ive know cpu's and their heatsink/fan to jump out In transit before

and on their pc's too!

They didn't jump out. It looked pretty firm when I sent it back. It was taken out by Dino pc

How else would they have seen damage to pins?

I'm more sinned against

Than a sinner

You can ring your bank first and request the chargeback or visit the branch.

I do suggest that you write to the director of the company.

Vladimir KUZNETSOV

Unit 6C Dominion Business Park

Goodwin Road

Edmonton, London

N9 0BG

They also have a presence on Facebook, Twitter etc so you could always shame them there as well. If sending a letter (I can't find an email for the boss) send it signed for delivery.

Thank you very much

I have written to my bank. I have also sent another letter requesting a refund under consumer credit act. I was within my 30 days. Also the computer was broken on the first day and the subsequent repair did not solve the issue.

If I don't get a reply by next week from either I will write to mr Vladimir

I'm more sinned against

Than a sinner

consumer creditlink3.gif act?? nothing to do with that

unless you signed a credit agreement!!

you mean consumer retail act...

for a chargeback

you don't write you RING THEM

I phone the technician and he was so rude and aggressive I ended up crying. He basically said someone had removed the cpu and caused damage so they would not repair

They sent me photo of the damage and it was appalling. It looked like someone has gone at the inside of the computer with a hammer.

I suggest to you the CPU and fan and heatsink became unmounted during transit back to them.

often happens

the plastic pushfix pins that hold the heatsink down into the PCB break as the weight of the fan etc bounces around and then the clip fail to

and a whole lump of metal the flys around inside .

and they

• 3 weeks later...

I think I mean the consumer goods act(2015) which states I can get my money back within 30 days.

I did suggest damage in transit when they first said the cpu had damage.

But then a few hours later I received another email saying ram card and GPU had been damage too. I think they just making it up as they go along to get out of the cost of repair or refund.

they are definitely not giving me my money back.

I contacted an ombudsman scheme.

Because this company does not subscribe to a scheme they cannot help.

A good legitimate company would have such a scheme wouldn't they?

I phone my bank and they have a backlog of investigations to do.

I don't hold out much hope

What I don't understand is why have a consumer good act in law and then companies can get away with flaunting it?

The computer did not work from day one.

It was not fit for purpose.

I have evidence of this.

But I just can't seem to find anyone to arbitrate on my behalf

But thanks for your help any way

When I can get access to a computer and printer and find the time I might hard copy everything into mr clad like you suggested

I'm more sinned against

Than a sinner

you mean CRA Consumer Rights Act 2015

yes within 30 days faulty = refund

and they

Now, this is what I would do. Contact them once more in writing stating that as the goods are not fit for purpose I would be sending them back with a warning that if they choose not to refund then court action will follow.

If they refuse to accept the goods back, I would store them safely for them to collect and still sue them.

Taking court action through the small claims court is relatively straight forward and a lot of companies will fold as soon as court papers hit their mat. They do this as it hits their bottom line. Pay out only as a last resort.

You have rights. They are breaching them.

Thank mr fox

All I really want is for them to admit it had a fault pay me my money back so I can buy a working computer and get on with my life.

Pfffff not much to ask really is it?

I keeping the small claims court in mind.

I'm more sinned against

Than a sinner