windowsonme

Nhs storage

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1069 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

As part of my care plan, while I am a hospital patient, I am considering placing my belongings into storage. I belive these may be more secure as they don't need to be moved to allow domestic staff and or the landlord access to my spare room. My belongings will not need to be moved if they went into storage.

I am wondering as I will be able to qualify for 7 aftercare and free hospital treatment, Should I be paying for storage or asking the NHS to pay?

If you belongings are damaged by care staff or the Landlird : they should be insured, so claim off them.

I don't think the NHS will pay for storage of your home possessions (nor do I think the NHS should hold that responsibility, either!).

Thanks for your post that sounds fair. Do you know what sort of scheme they would be covered by? Because I have been asked to sign a Disclaimer to keep my belongings in the room next door to me.

Landlords insurance or employer's insurance.

If they aren't insured : they'd still be liable.

What does the disclaimer say? Why is it "the room next door"?

Thanks for that

The terminology quote the room next door. End quote is basically an example.

I am not sure on its exact wording. Am I right in thinking they need to provide an exact copy or the original of the document (the disclaimer).

Why do they need to be moved at all? If you aren't vacating your room why can't they be left in your room and anyone needing access to your room is liable (insured or otherwise) for any damage they cause.

If you are being asked to sign a disclaimer, I can't see how anyone can offer reliable advice as to the effects of that disclaimer without knowing what the disclaimer says.

As for you asking "Am I right in thinking they need to provide an exact copy or the original of the document (the disclaimer)." ; if you haven't already signed it, it is what you sign that matters.

However if you are already asking for them "to provide an exact copy or the original of the document" makes it sound like you have already signed something!

You are right I've signed it then I wondered if I should have

But suspecting those that are supposed to be looking after me is hard.