chris1012

Commercial & Domestic Investigations

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1069 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi All, Had letter from above mentioned company for a person (relative) who was homeless and lived on my sofa for most of a year.

That was 5 years ago, he moved out to his own flat but a few years ago housing benefit suddenly stopped paying the rent so he had to move out and has been moving around living at friends places.

Been getting letters for around a year now, marked some as not at this address and dropped them in the post box. Told the person they had the letters and what they were for as we could see in the address window exactly what it was. Its the landlord of the place they lived at previously wanting teh unpaid portion of the rent.

Got 2 letters the same day just before Christmas and thought to open one and give them a call to make sure they knew they could not get them at this address. As truth be told we were getting tired of the letters and they were wasting their time trying to get them at this address.

When i called them i told them he moved out around 5 years ago and was only here because he was homeless, they said they had information we were related and this was why they were sending letters here. I pointed out that they cannot be contacted here so no point sending letters here. Had snooty woman tell me she knew we were related, to which is replyed i didnt care. Then got a goodbye and they hung up on me.

Today 2 more latters, they used a colour printer this time as in the address window it had a giant final notice in red, saying 10 days to pay before we recommend legal action.

Now i have told these idiots verbally and by returning the letters (unopened) marked not at this address, that they cannot contact them here, truth be told i dont even know their current address, or how long they will be there for. The person they want is unemployed and homeless.

If i get legal documents through or a knock on the door what are my options for this?

This is against FCA debt collection rules on communications, where they are not allowed to communicate via a third party e.g relative.

Suggest a formal complaint in writing by recorded delivery. They cannot serve documents at your address, as they have to believe the debtor lives at your address. So document service should be refused by sending them back by recorded delivery.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

spreadsheets 

They phoned my house today. The wife answered and told them no one by that name at this address to which they promptly hung up. They did not say who they were but a google of the number brings up it is them. Have the name of their "client" who they are acting for and may give them a ring to say your collection people are barking up the wrong tree....they ARE local to me so if it come to it i can go intot heir office and create a stink.

Complaint lodged via their webform and i plan on complaining to who they are trying to collect for tomorrow

Complaint lodged via their webform and i plan on complaining to who they are trying to collect for tomorrow

Threaten them with action for Harassment contrary to the Protection from Harassment Act 1997

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Protection_from_Harassment_Act_1997

Make sure you have a log of all their contacts and keep all letters from now on and log of any phone calls

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!