Miss-sold car on copart

danoz0r
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2629 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I'm a bit frustrated and by googling all night i found this site.

Hopefully there's someone that has some knowledge in this area.

I bought a car on copart auction(online) beginning of 2017.

The ad stated it was used and had normal wear and starts and drives. (just a used car.)

I got it shipped across UK,

when i received it

i drove it hardly a mile to the workshop to get MOT'd and to see what was wrong with it.

During that drive the gearbox felt weird,

i wanted a second opinion of that issue.

They said the gearbox was done.

I couldn't even drive the car out of the workshop.

I have loads of screenshots of the ad on copart which states the vehicle is working.

, also on the info it says gearbox is a 5 gear semi auto.

In reality its a 7 gear dsg gearbox.

If i had known that i would have never got that car.

because i know dsg gearboxes become faulty easily.

So i bet seller knew about the problem and didnt inform copart about it.

And guess what..

.. after googling i found adds on ebay and various other car sites from summer 2016.

where this guy has been trying to sell his car and states gearbox has problems.

(taken loads of screenshots from various sites)

What do you guys advise me to do?

if its an individual to individual sale then things like CRA/SOGA cant help you.

if the guy is a dealer then you have 14 days to reject it totally for no real reason

and 30days if its faulty.

how did you pay?

you might be able to get your moneyback but not your transportation expense....

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Just been reading the copart run and drives "guarantee"

Run and Drive

At the time the vehicle arrived at Copart’s location, Copart verified that the vehicle started, could be put into gear and was capable of moving forward under its own power. There is no guarantee, representation or warranty that the vehicle is in roadworthy condition or can be driven lawfully upon the highways of any state. There is no guarantee, representation or warranty that the vehicle will start, drive or move forward under its own power at the time the vehicle is picked up at Copart’s location. It is the Member’s sole responsibility to ascertain, confirm, research, inspect and/or investigate the vehicle prior to bidding on it. Once the vehicle is removed from Copart’s premises, the Member accepts the vehicle “as is.”

Lot of guff there

Please note:

• I am employed in the IT sector of a high street retail chain but am not posting in any official capacity,so therefore any comments,suggestions or opinions are expressly personal ones and should not be viewed as an endorsement or with agreement of any company.
  • i am not legal trained in any form.
  • I have many experiences in life and do often use these in my posts

if ive been helpful kick my scales, if ive been unhelpful kick the scales of the person more helpful :eek:

I've looked down copart a few times. I don't trust it

My car was on there after my accident (main reason I found the site)

It was down as runs and drives - not sure how far it would get as 6 years later the radiator is still in the hedge on the way to work..

Please note:

• I am employed in the IT sector of a high street retail chain but am not posting in any official capacity,so therefore any comments,suggestions or opinions are expressly personal ones and should not be viewed as an endorsement or with agreement of any company.
  • i am not legal trained in any form.
  • I have many experiences in life and do often use these in my posts

if ive been helpful kick my scales, if ive been unhelpful kick the scales of the person more helpful :eek:

The primary business of Copart is disposal of insurance write off vehicles i.e. they are a salvage dealer. On this basis unless you visit and inspect the car you should assume that the car is fit only for being broken up as spares. You may be surprised how common it is for vehicles with serious gear box or engine faults which make them just barely drivable to hit in the rear and written off either genuinely or staged. The owner is hardly going to volunteer to the insurer that it needs thousands of pounds of repairs aside from the accident damage and the car goes off to salvage. The salvage agent will not spend time checking the gearbox as that is up to the buyer to do so before bidding. This is why dealing in salvage vehicles carries a high level of financial risk with very low returns.