Where do I stand?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2658 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

The company I work for went into administration last week.

They ran their own sites and managed some on behalf of another company.

The following day we were contacted by one of my (now ex) bosses who said that the company that owned the business at my site wanted to keep it running and would we continue to work.

I, and the manager of a second site, agreed on condition that

1) we were paid weekly, and

2) money owed from last month was paid promptly this week (optimistic I know).

Since then we have continued to work, but payment has not been made as agreed.

We have had no contact with the owners (apart from a couple of calls from the ex boss who was trying to help us keep going to save jobs),

no contact with the owners of the company we did work for and we have been left to deal with suppliers etc.

The business owners are (I believe) solvent but are based overseas, having no office/support staff in this country.

I suspect that the second site has now closed due to not being paid, and I think I will have to tell my staff to finish now as well.

Has this last week been a complete waste of our time, given that we have no contract with this company and have not even spoken to anyone from the company?

if it is in adminstration, what do the administrators say? they are the only ones with the authority to pay you....

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

The company that employed me is in administration but all we have heard from them was "close the doors".

I will have to contact Companies house to find out who the administrators are I assume.

This week, we were working on behalf of the company that owns the business (my employer staffed and managed the site for them) at their request

- on the understanding that we would be paid this week.

Unfortunately, we have had no further contact from them and haven't been paid.

I feel I can no longer ask my team to work on in the hope that they may get paid at some point

- when we've had no direct contact and no contract.

Hi

Welcome to CAG.

When you say the Company is in Administration this is part of Insolvency, Administration means your Employer has asked an Administrator to come into the company to keep it going.

These links may be of use:

https://www.gov.uk/your-rights-if-your-employer-is-insolvent/overview

https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/insolvency-service

https://www.thegazette.co.uk/

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

I think that if you have had a clear instruction to "close the doors" then nobody except the administrator has authority to overturn that, and I don't see that you have any contractual protection to continue working. That said, you will be entitled to be paid your notice period, so you may well eventually get this back, albeit that you'd have been paid for not working it! The RPS will pay notice pay where the company hours into administration with no notice having been given.