am I entitled to holiday pay?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2663 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I work two days per week in an office and theres only myself and the boss on the payroll

I have worked there since the start of 2014

I was told that they didnt do holiday pay

Now, there have been times when I have been off work the odd day and they have paid me, that was in 2014, in 2015 and 2016 they havent, I have never taken time off when busy, and only when really slack.

I keep getting told by friends I should get statutory holiday pay, and was pointed to the ukgov website, based on a two day week the entitlement should be 11.2 days annual leave.

I have asked the question to see if it can be applied, but I suspect I will be told to put up or leave.

Whats the general opinion on this matter?

ta

Then you need to make sure that you get what you are entitled to. Every employee is entitled to paid holiday - as you have already estabished on the YouGov website

Your employer may claim that you are being paid extra to take account of holidays - but that is in itself unlawful. You must be allowed to take paid time away from the workplace

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!

so what?

you are entitled to 5.6 weeks paid holiday per year

so by working part time for 2 days/week you are entitled to 11 days paid leave at your normal daily rate.

If you want to take the money just name days that you dont normally work and then you will accrue the holiday a bit faster and be owed another half day!

claim the backpay as well.

put it in writing and quote the legislation so your boss doesnt say that it doesnt apply

TBH a very small employer wont be able to take the strain of an ET so using the correct wording and making sure that they know about the legislation to enforce your rights will make them consider any thoughts of revenge very carefully. If they see that you know your rights you are less likely to have them challenged arbitrarily