zik20

Refund of bank charges from lloyds???

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1068 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi,

I would be grateful if someone could inform me if Lloyds Bank has refunded bank charges i.e overdraft fees, direct debit fees etc.??? I have over 2K to claim back from LLoyds. Whats the best way to approach the please?

Many thnx

I'm afraid that at present, the only basis for claiming a refund is if there has been something inherently unfair in the way that the charges have been levied – other than the fact that that they are extortionately high.

For instance, if you have a basic account where an overdraft is not permitted and yet they have been adding charges to put that account into overdraft, I would say that you have a good basis for complaint. Similarly, if you have had direct debits or checks being bounced but charges have been levied with not even the benefit of the payment having been allowed, that may also be treated as being unfair and subject to complaint.

However, you need to understand that the bank will not come willingly on this and it is almost certain that you will have to begin a County Court action under BCOBS to recover your money.

We have had lots of instances of this kind of unfair treatment from people's banks but no one so far since 2009 has been prepared to take legal action on it. It would be great if somebody was prepared to put themselves forward to do this because if they succeeded – and I think that there is a good chance at least that the bank would settle rather than go to court – then this could open the floodgates.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread