Harlands Group... Surprise, Surprise

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2636 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello there, New to CAG here.

Just want to start by saying thanks to the site team for there posts to other peoples problems involving the scourge that is Harlands, it's been very helpful to me.

I have my own tale of woe which I will regail you with as briefly as possible.

I signed up to JD Gyms last January to a no contract membership (sound familiar?)

First month taken by card so no issues,

following month in Feb my DD came out... twice!

This was the first i've even heard of Harlands

I got in touch (after several attempts of being on hold for 45+ mins) to explain and they said they would look into and call back which they didn't.

After several more attempts and one very heated email from me they eventually cancelled what was apparently a duplicate membership set up by the Gym which was a load of rubbish,

i've been to the Gym and they showed me on there own screen that only 1 membership comes up when typing my postcode in.

I later tried to cancel the other membership

called them up after reading horror stories on here and they said I couldnt because it was a 12 month contract.

The JD by me doesn't even do contract memberships!

Had various back and

I'm now at the 12 month mark of my imaginary contract and will just be glad to be rid at this point

I called Harland and gave my notice.

They've said its done and in the system and I won't be charged again after this months payment.

I've also put it on an email to their website for thoroughness.

I want to cancel my DD once my last payment comes out to ensure they don't end up charging me again and having a nightmare recovering the money But am slightly concerned that this will open a can of worms.

Could someone tell me if this is the best move?

I was recently reading through TwinMum1's thread and don't fancy a 2 year long battle and the possibility of a mark on my credit score! Thanks in advance!

they cant hurt your credit score.

you should have gotten the double payment back via your bank and the DD guarantee.

its nothing to do with harlands

so when was your actual last usage?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi Heisen and welcome to CAG

If you'd come to us a year back, we'd have advised :-

1. Cancel the m/ship and the DD mandate due to the double DD being taken and no one sorted it out quickly for you.

2. AND/OR ....... Cancel the m/ship and DD because you were led to believe (incorrectly) that this was a No-Contract m/ship agreement.

However, what's done is done and you've paid for a year when you probably need not have paid.

If you've read TwinMum's thread, you should know this will NOT affect your credit rating at all.

I would suggest you allow the final DD to be taken if you want; OR cancel the DD and pay no more at all.

The choice is yours ..................

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

they cant hurt your credit score.

you should have gotten the double payment back via your bank and the DD guarantee.

its nothing to do with harlands

so when was your actual last usage?

Hi there, Sorry for the late reply.

Well that's exactly what I did in the end.

Harlands weren't responding to me in regards to the refund on the duplicate payment

I rang my bank and they sorted it under the DD guarantee.

I think my last usuage was about April and I tried to cancel around September ish as I hadn't been usuing it for a few months. that's when I found out I was apparently in a 12 month contract.

I did read the thread but didn't see mention of the credit score so must have missed that part.

To be honest it's been that long I may as well make the last payment as I think i'd prefer not to be hounded by them for the next 2 years whether it's unlawful or not.

Needless to say I'll be much more vigilent when picking my Gym's in future and giving any that use Harland a very wide berth.

well done!!

come back if you get anymore silly threat-o-grams

they cant do anything anyway..

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi Heisen,

To be honest it's been that long I may as well make the last payment as I think i'd prefer not to be hounded by them for the next 2 years whether it's unlawful or not.

Needless to say I'll be much more vigilent when picking my gym in future and giving any that use Harland a very wide berth.

Comments noted and I understand your wish not to be hounded, hence you'll pay. I hope this works for you.

See here for a guide to using and cancelling a gym in the future - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?452671-Cancelling-your-Gym-Agreement-Get-it-right-!(1-Viewing)-nbsp

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)