Jump to content

  • Tweets

  • Posts

    • As I recall the only thing you tried telling us was based on a quote that you selectively edited by Lord James of Blackheath. You misrepresented it as a statement of fact when it was actually a question which was laughed at by his peers in the House of Lords.  We told you it was garbage, you asked us to prove it and we did.   Remember?
    • you need to realise that for every person that does come to CAG and register and tell their story...there are poss 10'000 that don't but search the interweb whereby threads that are here pop up relating to like issues they are searching upon.   Most CAG siteteam and many other registered Caggers give advice that bears this in mind and post information which not only informs the starter of a thread upon what to do, but also takes into consideration the readers from the interweb that also read the relevant advice given that might not be brave enough to register and fess up.   to that end, there is very little alternative than to appear to give 'grief' [you deserve it - tough] to a cagger should certain previous advice not have been followed.....yours is a very classic case of such. hey I've found a backdoor CCJ.   to put it bluntly, had you have followed such previous advice, you most certainly would not be in the situation you are in here now.. .so by example, not giving you grief, for future readers...………..   ...never ever move without informing a debt owner of a move of address on any consumer debt that you last used or paid within the last say 7yrs. your credit file is a major key to ascertaining that information.... .but don't just read this advice come to the consumeractiongroup.co.uk website and let us help.   lecture over... what can you do..or more importantly....what can a claimant do now they have a default forthwith judgement against you. well we can't guess.... they might simply ignore it as 1000's of people with CCJ's find out..but it becomes an issue should you wish to say get a mortgage, remortgage or further credit.   i'm not going to enter into any of that here...that's for the reader to start a thread here and seek advice on their individual situation specific to them as you have done....   so...  bearing the all of the above in mind...over to you with regard to this backdoor CCJ.   as for the other debts that you didn't action before...go read your old thread and action what appropriate advice is given there for each type of debt that has been given should you wish to avoid any further backdoor CCJ's.   dx                    
    • hello my very good helpful friend. I am afraid to say that i did not. As i did not realise the relevance of it.   Should i be doing this right now of anyone on my credit file ?   Plz don't give me grief if u have already advised me...   do i do the ccs request now to everybody in that thread ?    
    • aha busted and stupid ...no wonder you've got mixed information here. never trust anything they say ..they have a very bad reputation for stating the truth.   now can you go get your credit file please..   there are cases whereby a council on historic CTAX debts do go for a county court CCJ, but a liability order from a magistrates court has far more clout legally than a county court CCJ and i've never heard of a court sending a bailiff out for 'multiple' CCJ collection.   me thinks he is pulling the wool here a bit and has looked at your credit file and seen CCJ's too so thought he'd chance his arm and use those as further leverage.   don't worry about the sat visit simply ignore do not answer the door if he appears. your task is too gather data at present.   credit file please..        
  • Our picks

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1072 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Recommended Posts

Complicated story.


My neighbour confided in me she just found out she is being evicted at 9am on the 11th Jan 17.


She is 69,

has long term mental health conditions and her affairs were previously handled by the court of protection for some 20 years.


She is a leaseholder (66years remaining) of a flat within a house conversation,


it appears from the paperwork I have seen the landlord has been successful in gaining possession and she is now being evicted by way of forfeiture.


The original claim for forfeiture in 2014(?),

which was withdrawn


states for reasons such as no access,

not washing windows,

putting flowers on the window ledge.


There has been ongoing disputes between her and the landlord,

ever since as she claims they illegally required the freehold (Some 20 years ago) and she refused to pay a premium of 100k for a new lease,

which cost them (the other two leaseholders) £2.5k to get the freehold.

Her property in size equates to 40% of the building.


This lead to them harassing her,

failing to carry out their repairs

and reporting that they thought she was dead and the police breaking in.

She was sectioned under the mental health act ( a few years back), when she disclosed past incidents.


For the past 18 months she hasn't opened mail due to her health and conditions.

The mortgagelink3.gif company wasn't initially apart of the claim,

but they have adjoined and appear have been granted some relief at some point.


She has only realised,

a friend insisted she opened up the mail and that when she found last weekend she is being evicted next Wednesday.


I know she needs to complete an N244link3.gif but what should be included?,

I have taken a copy of the guidance.


She is not entitled to legal aid, because of the equity in the property and solicitors want up front fees, and/or short notice.


Any help would be much appreciated.


I have only had 2 hours sleep myself and have to wake up to 4 kids (one who is broken his leg), work, a meeting with my brothers mental health team who have failed him drastically and assist my neighbour, along with my own health issues.


So I need to get some sleep, but will check in the morning for any advice on completing the N244link3.gif or anything else.


I have quite a few of the court papers but need to scan them, which I hope to do tomorrow at some point.


Many thanks for reading and I hope we can help her.

Edited by busybean

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

You are best advised to seek local help.


The charity Shelter might have a local advocate that can help with this.




Also mental health charities such as Mind, may be able to offer help.


What you need is an action plan to deal with the whole situation and charities that deal with these situations are best placed to help.

  • Haha 1

We could do with some help from you.



 Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group


If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
You are best advised to seek local help.


The charity Shelter might have a local advocate that can help with this.


Also mental health charities such as Mind, may be able to offer help.


What you need is an action plan to deal with the whole situation and charities that deal with these situations are best placed to help.


Yes, you are right. We have contacted shelter already they are calling this evening.

Mind is a great idea, will call them today.


Also trying to get through to the royal courts of justice cab. From my experience bwith helping another friend. There service is extremely busy.


Whilst an action plan is needed, at the moment the priority would be stop the bailiff evicting her on Wednesday. As I understand to do this she would need submit the n244 asap for a judge decide. But what orders are we asking to set aside and under what grounds..? Help please anyone?


Nb. She is being quoted £2500 to complete the n244 by one solicitor firm that had previously assured her in the past. But she doesn't have that. They need up front money. Anyone know a firm who will charge at least half that amount to do the n244?

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

If she's a mental health patient, the council should help her with this.

Some councils still have in house solicitors.

Also as said, shelter and mind have their own legal teams that could help.

I'm no expert, but I helped my friend fill a n244 some time ago and it wasn't too difficult, so maybe if you don't get any help, you could try yourself.

Others will surely say if this is a bad idea in this case.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...