• Tweets

• I'm still pondering/ trying to find docs re the above issue. Moving on - same saga; different issue I'm trying to understand what I can do: The lender/ mortgagee-in-possession has a claim v me for alleged debt. But the debt has only been incurred due to them failing to sell property in >5y. I'm fighting them on this.   I've been trying to get an order for sale for 2y.  I got it legally added into my counterclaim - but that will only be dealt with at trial.  This is really frustrating. The otherside's lawyers made an application to adjourn trial for a few more months - allegedly wanting to try sort some kind of settlement with me and to use the stay to sell.  At the hearing I asked Judge to expedite the order for sale. I pointed out they need a court-imposed deadline or this adjournment is just another time wasting tactic (with interest still accruing) as they have no buyer.  But the judge said he could legally only deal with the order at trial. The otherside don't want to be forced to sell the property.. Disclosure has presented so many emails which prove they want to keep it. I raised some points with the judge including misconduct of the receiver. The judge suggested I may have a separate claim against the receiver?   On this point - earlier paid-for lawyers said my counterclaim should be directed at the lender for interference with the receiver and the lender should be held responsible for the receiver's actions/ inactions.   I don't clearly understand that, but their legal advice was something to do with the role a receiver has acting as an agent for a borrower which makes it hard for a borrower to make a claim against a receiver ???.  However the judge's comment has got me thinking.  He made it clear the current claim is lender v me - it's not receiver v me.  Yet it is the receiver who is appointed to sell the property. (The receiver is mentioned/ involved in my counterclaim only from the lender collusion/ interference perspective).  So would I be able to make a separate application for an order for sale against the receiver?  Disclosure shows receiver has constantly rejected offers. He gave a contract to one buyer 4y ago. But colluded with the lender's lawyer to withdraw the contract after 2w to instead give it to the ceo of the lender (his own ltd co) (using same lawyer).  Emails show it was their joint strategy for lender/ ceo to keep the property.  The receiver didn't put the ceo under any pressure to exchange quickly.  After 1 month they all colluded again to follow a very destructive path - to gut the property.  My account was apparently switched into a "different fund" to "enable them to do works" (probably something to do with the ceo as he switched his ltd co accountant to in-house).   Interestingly the receiver told lender not to incur significant works costs and to hold interest.  The costs were huge (added to my account) and interest was not held.   The receiver rejected a good offer put forward by me 1.5y ago.  And he rejected a high offer 1y ago - to the dismay of the agent.  Would reasons like this be good enough to make a separate application to the court against the receiver for an order for sale ??  Or due to the main proceedings and/or the weird relationship a borrower has with a receiver I cannot ?
    • so a new powerless B2B debt DCA set up less than a month ago with a 99% success rate... operating on a NWNF basis , but charging £30 to set up your use of them. that's gonna last 5mins.... = SPAMMERS AND SCAMMERS. a DCA is NOT a BAILIFF and have  ZERO legal powers on ANY debt - no matter WHAT its type. dx      
    • Migrants are caught in China's manufacturing battles with the West, as Beijing tries to save its economy.View the full article
    • You could send an SAR to DCbl on the pretext that you are going for a breach of your GDPR . They should then send the purported letter of discontinuance which may show why it ended up in Gloucester and see if you can get your  costs back on the day. It obviously won't be much but  at least perhaps a small recompense for your wasted day. Not exactly wasted since you had a great win  albeit much sweeter if you had beat them in Court. But a win is a win so well done. We will miss you as it has been almost two years since you first started out on this mission. { I would n't be surprised if the wrong Court was down to DCBL}. I see you said "till the next time" but I am guessing you will be avoiding private patrolled car parks for a while.🙂
    • It is extremely disappointing that you haven't told us anything about the result of the hearing. You came here at the very last minute and the regulars - all unpaid volunteers - sweated blood trying to get an acceptable Witness Statement prepared in an extremely short time. The least you could have done is tell us how the hearing went, information invaluable for future users. Evidently not.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

reassessment for esa

Sheffsix
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2659 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi im new on this site,

been reading some of the threads re:esa appeals,

ive got mine in 2 weeks and im really nervous/anxious about it, i suffer from lower back problem and anxiety/panic attacks.

i failed my atos last june (nil points)

a lot of information is missing from the atos report,

ie it states i was there longer than i actually was

, never asked questions re:anxiety or the incontinence i suffer with

,and a lot of it is exaggerated to say the least,

i got a solicitor involved to help with tribunal,

with the info i gave her she had scored me more than 15 points

,the only downfall is that my dr,s report is not helpfull says my solicitor,

which has made me feel worse than ever

,solicitor thinks i will scrape through with out the dr,s report which she is not submitting,

she told me to go through the atos report and make notes of which i agree,

any help would be gratefull as im very down about this

,todays not been a good day.

other thing is i have to travel out of town to the tribunal and they are paying for a taxi to and from the tribunal,

but dont have anyone to go with me,

the solicitor says it will not go against me as there will be the taxi driver with me going and the clerk when i get there,

as i get really anxies/panic attacks in unformiliar places

,and usually rely on help from friend/family,

but they are unable to come with me,

do you think this will go against me.

many thanks.

Hello there and welcome to CAG.

Here's a link to the forum sticky about appeals and tribunals. You need to go through the Atos report as advised and highlight everything that isn't right or that contradicts itself and tell that to your lawyer or the tribunal.

Please read the sticky which talks you through what to look for in the Atos report and what to expect at a tribunal. I hope it helps.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?251737-Appealing-or-going-to-a-Tribunal-Some-useful-information

My best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

hi h/b thanks im not sure were the template is? i will go through the atos papers again and see whats wrong on there, can i take it with me to the tribunal and hand it over on the day? how long are you usually in the tribunal? do i need to take all the paperwork with me from atos? thanks

Don't worry about being represented or not. My experience is that the Tribunal board are interested in you and not your representative. The important document to go through is the full 'medical' report from ATOSH. The Tribunal medical member will go through that page by page with you and ask you about it. Not to catch you out but to see if there are places your story differs and they might be able to award points. Reference may also be made to your ESA50 if needs be. Just remember the Tribunal is independant and will do all they can to award the points they are able to within the confines of the law...

i have been throught two appeals with regards to my husband, and both were found in his favour, and he has just had another atos medical which he passed , which came as a complete surprise, but they have placed him in the work related group, which we are appealing against, he should be in the support group has he has just been released from prison for threating to kill someone. (he cannot be around people).

attending the appeal gives you a much better chance than not attending, you could even write a letter to hand to the tribunal on the day, give it to the clerk who will see you, outline the impact your illness has on your life and how it effects you. you really should not be attending this alone if you suffer from panic attacks, try to find someone to attend with you, my husband cannot go out if i am not there. so i understand how you feel.

they are nice people at the tribunals and in no way do they try to undermine you, so do not worry to much, i wish you all the best.

thanks to both kelcou and mandie40, i will write a letter outlining my illness and how it affects me (never thought to do that) 2 points id like to raise is,

1,i did put on the esa50 form i suffered with continence,re:if im outdoors or indoors and unable to get to the toilet in time i end up losing control of bladder, but was not asked that at the atos assesment.

2,re: panic attacks, never asked about them but they wrote no signs of sweating or rocking on a chair? i never sat stil all the time i was there and was sweating and very nervy. even though i had to take my medications with me which included propranolol.

ps will do my best to get some one to come with me. thanks

You can put in your letter the problems with incontinence and what this means for you. As for not rocking in the chair this is a stupid ATOS point of note, I have severe depression and anxiety and have never rocked. I am in intensive group therapy at CMHT and I don't know a single person who would rock in their chair and I have been in Psychiatric hospital on several occasions and have never seen a person rocking in their chairs! Don't fall for their stupid ignorance and rock, just say it how it is. I got 0 points at my first ATOS medical and successfully appealed at Tribunal and then at my recent ATOS medical was put straight in the support group. Just be honest and clear but don't minimise how you are affected and it is a good idea to write a letter as then you won't forget things nerves might otherwise make you forget.

@feelindsad thanks for yor input much appreciated, glad uve been able to point out that i wouldnt be rocking in a chair, the letter i think is a good idea as im not good with words if that makes sense,and like you say im less likely to forgett things. thanks

hi h/b thanks im not sure were the template is? i will go through the atos papers again and see whats wrong on there, can i take it with me to the tribunal and hand it over on the day? how long are you usually in the tribunal? do i need to take all the paperwork with me from atos? thanks

I don't know if you found it, the sticky is on the 'front page' of the forum. The link in my post above will take you to it.

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

can any one put any light on this one: the continence question on the esa50 form, mine is due to the fact that i suffer with back problem,and for instance when i first get out of bed im unable to get to the bathroom in time,or if im outdoors same happens,so would that get me points at tribunal? i have been told its a bit of a grey area.

'Extensive evacuation' means, one presumes, going to the loo quite a bit. Without actually being at the loo ... Sorry, not terribly good at this sort of description ... :redface:

'Extensive evacuation' means, one presumes, going to the loo quite a bit. Without actually being at the loo ... Sorry, not terribly good at this sort of description ... :redface:

oh that makes sense now thanks, do you think that would describe my situation?

hi another bit of help needed, im reading through some threads on here re: going through the esa assesment form from atos,and basically tearing it apart (not literally) there are a few discrepencies on there, re: the length of time i was in there differs i was in there roughly 20 mins,they claim 40 mins, but contradicts the time scale when it claims i was seen to be sat for 20 mins and stood for 5mins.

i told them i showered,they claim i can shower and bath with out any aids, i told them i use a shower,no mention of a bath,

made a big deal out of how i got to the assesment centre, i got a lift there.

i was wearing a sweat top,and was asked to remove my top to be examined,i said no as im very concious about been seen that way by a complete stranger,they said thats fine not a problem,but writes i refused to take my jacket off (wasnt wearing a jacket) and so on and so on.

so is it worth me writing this down to give to clerk when i go to tribunal?

thanks

@h/b I hope i can do it on the day, i never did it before as i wasnt given a copy of the esa assesment until it had been sent to the tribunal, at the time i wasnt aware i had to request it,my first writen appeal went on the questionare that dwp sent me, the one were it states the nil points, the solicitor has told me i can make notes re:the assesment form from atos and give it to the clerk on the day.if not im in trouble. ps ive been told by my representative i can do that so i hope ive been given the correct info.

(read this on the sticky, hope it applies to me)

Prior to the hearing, the tribunal will have contacted you to ask you for all the evidence you wish to submit, and sent you a copy of the DWP's dossier, and sent the DWP a copy of yours. You MUST include everything you will rely on, no surprises on the day! IF you have some last minute evidence, the clerk will ask you when you arrive if that's the case, and he will make copies for the panel and the DWP prior to the hearing.

Edited by Sheffsix
more info added

just to let you know i ended up getting a copy of my atos disagreements faxed to the tribunal,with one week to go so im hoping it will get to them in time,been told by representetive to take a copy with me just in case, dreading it, cant sleep,feel sick etc.

just an update i had my tribunal appeal today and i lost :-( only scored 12 points im very dissapointed and upset about the decission, solicitor is going to ask for a copy of the tribunal decision to make sure they acted within the law.

also told i can re:apply as its 9 mths since my origional claim and i am worse now than i was in 9mths ago.any tips or advice gratefully received, what happens to my DLA. H/B. C/B?

my head is all over the place and dont know were to turn. thanks.