Southcarer

Compliance Officer Question??

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1070 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi everyone, This seems to be a popular topic of conversation.

I've had a letter of off a Compliance officer headed, "We need to check your personal information"

Bit of background on myself.

I have been unemployed for 5 years. and I have also in the last 4 years been sharing a house with a disabled guy, whom over the years I've been helping more and more with his meals cooking and personal assistance, I mentioned this to my advisor whilst on JSA and he suggested why do you not apply to become his carer and get extra money for it via carers allowance and income support, which I did in October.

The crossover in benefits was very smooth an all was well until new years eve when I got a letter from DWP saying we need to check your personal information. It's an interview (not under caution) at the local DWP office and I have been asked to take id and any of the following if I have them, one of which is bank statements, which I will have to print out from my banking website as I do not receive paper statements.

I was wondering if this is routine or random check although "We need to check your personal information" is quite specific. I was thinking that perhaps it had something to do with my first name, which is a female name that I don't use, my second name is not on the letter.

Any ideas what it could be about?

Thanks for any advice.

It's possible that they're checking whether you're on the right benefits. As a carer, you have the option of applying for income support, instead of JSA.

If you read other threads regarding compliance interviews you'll find that most often they are just to check everything is in order and sometimes people do end up better off afterwards. Most likely it's entirely random that you were chosen.

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.

It's possible that they're checking whether you're on the right benefits. As a carer, you have the option of applying for income support, instead of JSA.

I did change from JSA to Income support when I was awarded Cares allowance, as my advisor at the time suggested, though I seem to remember now him saying they would get me to come down now and again to make sure things haven't changed etc.