Scottish Power Shenanigans

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2667 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I tried to leave Scottish Power for one of the smaller/greener alternatives, this was stopped before transfer could be completed as the majority of suppliers seemingly cannot deal with a Green Deal loan on the property.

So far, all seems normal - however, at the same point of where the transfer was to take place 12 months of bills were regenerated and access to the old bills was removed from their website (some were weeks or days long, rather than monthly or quarterly).

Luckily I had a copy of one of the 'settled' invoices (maybe it's a statement..? - I pay monthly DD) which was very different to the one now on their website.

So I downloaded everything available and emailed their support (keep it in writing where possible, I thought)

They replied that they needed my account number but did not open me a case.

I replied with my account number.

They ignored me.

I emailed again and then escalated to their Director of Customer Relations (only posted normally, so no proof of receipt).

After months of no reply, I sent them a SAR request - copies of all of the statements (I haven't had chance to check which version and if there are duplicates) and no mention whatsoever of my emails or letter.

So, should I send this up to the ombudsman, or battle more with their customer (dis)service?

Scottish Power Letter 17 Oct 2016 red.pdf

Sorry, but I'm struggling to understand exactly what your complaint is about and what you are trying to get.

Looking at the letter that you have posted, I suspect that the energy company might feel the same way.

Could you just tell us in a nice simple bullet pointed form what the problem is.

My guess is that they were originally generated against estimated reads. Then, when they got a firm read either from you or a meter reader, they went back and proportioned the actual usage against each of the billing periods back to the previous firm read, regenerating the bill each time. (Northern electric used to do this so that the correct tariff would be used if there'd been price changes between the two firm reads). Did you supply a reading as part of the attempted transfer?

Yeah, there was a meter reading provided at the time of trying to leave. Surely if it was this simple they would have simply let me know?

It troubles me that they can change all of my bills and not bat an eyelid, it also annoys me that their customer service has failed to log every single complaint - something which will obviously help their statistics :/

I still need to check the paperwork they've sent me...