style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1076 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hello,

I received a PCN in Harrogate before Christmas and I'm about to fight it.

I've been reading around and it seems I won't have to pay because someone has got a judgment which states that the disc zone in Scarborough in completely unenforceable

. The guy who won the judgment said that Scarborough, Harrogate, Whitby and Knaresborough are all unenforceable because they all share the same signage.

It ended up in the local rag and it seems the councils involved want to fight the judgment he got. He also said it will cost the councils millions.

His info is on the nyenquirer.uk website under councils lose parking war.

I can't post the links because I'm a new user.

FYI, I received a PCN for "Parked in a disc parking place without clearly displaying a valid disc".

I was parked in a residential disc zone on Swan Road near the Harrogate Borough Council offices, forgot the time and went an hour over the three hour limit.

Is his advice good?

Should I appeal my PCN in the way the nyenquirer.uk website says?

Does this appeal have legs?

Thank you for taking time to consider this.

So have they fixed the signage issues

If not use the appeal letter from that sites link to it

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

spreadsheets