ME III/Marlin/Mortimer claimform - old Welcome Finance 'debt'

robingetz
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2586 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Name of the Claimant ? ME III Limited

Date of issue – 12 Dec 2016.

What is the claim for –

1.By an agreement between WELCOME FINANCE SERVICES LTD & the Defendant on or around 21/11/08 ('the Agreement') WELCOME FINANCIAL SERVICES LTD agreed to loan the Defendant monies. The defendant did not pay the instalments as they fell due & the Agreement was terminated. The Agreement was assigned to the claimant.

2.THE CLAIMANT THEREFORE CLAIMS 5930.89

What is the value of the claim? £6440.89

Is the claim for a current account (Overdraft) or credit/loan account or mobile phone account? loan

When did you enter into the original agreement before or after 2007? Unsure, I think is was around or before 2007.

Has the claim been issued by the original creditor or was the account assigned and it is the Debt purchaser who has issued the claim. Debt purchaser

Were you aware the account had been assigned – did you receive a Notice of Assignment? Possibly, but I have no recollection.

Did you receive a Default Notice from the original creditor? Again I don't know for certain.

Have you been receiving statutory notices headed “Notice of Default sums” – at least once a year ? Don't think so.

Why did you cease payments?

F ell into difficulties when losing my job in 2008,

the payment demands were unreasonable,

c harges were being added to the account at an alarming level (£10 for a letter/visit etc.)

and after severel doorstep visits,

I decided to just accept a default on my file and see what happened.

A lot of what is claimed is charges, the original loan I think was £2000.

What was the date of your last payment? Don't know, could possible be more than 6 years ago, I've asked for a full statement of the account.

Was there a dispute with the original creditor that remains unresolved? Haven't heard dirct from Welcome in many years.

Did you communicate any financial problems to the original creditor and make any attempt to enter into a debt management plan? No

Hi,

I have read up on other cases and have already sent off the various requests for documents, and completed the online form stating I intend to defend all.

But I may need further help.

The particulars are as below.

This is a very old debt that has dropped off my credit file, and I thought it had disappeared,

to be fair I forgot about it.

I received a reply from my CPR request today (30th Dec) as below.

We acknowledge your request for documentation pursuant to CPR 31.14.

We confirm our client is willing to agree to the extension of 28 days, for you to file your defence. Pursuant to CPR 15.5(2) please notify the court in writing of the agreement.

CPR 31.14 relates to a right to inspect a document and can be distinguished from standard disclosure of evidence during the course of proceedings.

We believe that you may have already "inspected" the documents to which you make reference because on various dates in the past they would have been sent to you by another party such as the original creditor.

We confirm that we have requested documents from the original creditor and will forward these to you upon receipt. The account will remain on hold in the meantime.

Any advice on how to play this out would be very much apprecaited.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Statute barred. No cca etc etc. Tons of.charges. welcome know it which is why they sold it on to a bottom feeder.

Homework time.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

So you've sent the s77 request to the claimant?

Don't miss the original defence due date no need for extension

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Any help I am able to give is from my own experience only. Should you have any doubt you should contact a qualified professional.

Go ring welcome finance and ask date of last payment

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

No get the info

If its sb'd

They you file that defence

Can you not check bank statements or old cra files?

You need that date

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

poc says 11/2008

take out date

you say pre 2007

can you clarify please too.

and they

It's. difficult to say for certain without any paperwork at hand and being so long ago. I think the original loan was before 2008, but I "re-financed" a few times and increased my loan, when welcome said I could, so that may have gone beyond 2007, but as I said, it's hard to recall exact details without any paperwork.

Aha good news there

The old refinancing over the phone

Whereby you never signed the new agreement

Welcome staff usually forged your SIG

Try and find that last payment date

Ring your bank and ask

Better to file the SB defence than anything if we can

and they

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry, been away for xmas/new year so just back, and resuming this.

I'm pretty certain that I haven't made a payment for more than 6 years and that the original loan, before the re-financing, was before 2008,

I've heard nothing back form Mortimer Clarke,

I'll try the SB defence,

what have I got to lose?

What is the best way to submit this?

Do I just simply put "Statute Barred" as a defence, or is there more that needs adding?

1 The Claimant's claim was issued on (date).

2 The Claimant contends that the Claimant's claim so issued is a claim in contract and is statute barredlink3.gif pursuant to the provisions of section 5 of the Limitation Act 1980. If, which is denied, the claimant contends that the Defendant is in breach of the alleged contract, in excess of 6 years have elapsed since the date on which any cause of action for breach accrued for the benefit of the Claimant.

3 The Claimant's claim to be entitled to payment of £x or any other sum, or relief of any kind is denied.

I BELIEVE THAT THE CONTENTS OF THIS DEFENCE ARE TRUE.

Signed:

Dated:

pers I wouldnt file SB if not 100%

you don't have to file to/by 4pm Friday

so use the week to try and prove SB.

why not go ring your bank

and ask the last payment date to welcome finance

and they

I'll try the SB defence,

what have I got to lose?

If its not statute barred you lose all opportunity of presenting any further/alternative argument.

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

If its not statute barred you lose all opportunity of presenting any further/alternative argument.

Andy

Ah, didn't know that.

The problem I have with trying to find out the last payment is that I have had a few different bank accounts in the last 10 years, so the bank I'm with now isn't the same one I was with when I had the Welcome account, and I would struggle to remember which bank I was with at the time.

If I did make a payment after my account went into arrears,

it would have been a cash payment at the local office, which is no longer there,

so there would be little if any proof of payments being made.

have you rung welcome and asked?? yet?

and they

I phoned welcome last night and they said that the account had been sold on and I would have to speak to the company who now own it.

They had their usual unhelpful and unfriendly attitude I remember from dealing with them.

So, should I proceed with the SB, or go down the non compliance with the CPR request route, as I still haven't had anything back form Mortimer Clarke.

I am going to submit my defence tonight.

no they cant say NO you cant have the info its been sold on.

if you've had dealing with them like a payment within the last 6yrs

then BY LAW under the Data protection Act and the Prevention of Fraud Act they MUST hold data for 6yrs.

so go quote those two and ask to speak to a manager or supervisor if you get the same BS again.

or get them to confirm the account is older than 6yrs, so that's why they don't hold data

and thus you know its statute barred.

it would be 100% better to confirm and file the SB defence

as that is absolute and water tight

they must prove its NOT SB'd

rather than you having to prove it is.

me thinks they are saying this because they know the refinanced agreement is not signed by you .

there are 100's of threads here whereby that has been proved.

Edited by Andyorch
editing

and they

The old trick. They have to prove the payment was made nd by you.

The phantom payment is theirs.... but they use the excuse it's an admin error when they get called out

Edited by Andyorch
Removed allegation

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

So what should I do now?

I need to submit my defence sooner rather than later.

I'm 99% certain that the account will be SB,

but there is that 1% chance that I did make a payment,

if they can prove that I did. However, Mortimer Clarke has not yet complied with my CPR, so can that be submitted as a defence while the SB argument is proved, or not, if they do send anything to confirm this?

You only get one defence......so weigh up if its actually reality and feasible that you made that payment.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

who has said you made that payment?

and they