jim 20

M+S - Mistaken identity claim

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1081 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Morning! received a letter from m&s insurance svs stating i was involved in an incident on 1/11/16 and are charging me an extra £41.

I rang m&s and we both agreed it was mistaken identity and i wouldnt be charged on the 6th of december..instead the sneaked it out on the 28th of december and a black mark on my no claims.

The alleged incident happened 200 miles away while i was at work and my car parked..they dont seemed to be listening to me.so as i have used this forum in the past and good results im interested in any of your thoughts on how i should proceed further..obviousely the last two phone calls made no difference...only that i pay for them!..many thanks jim

If you had been recording your calls, then you would have evidence of the conversation you had with them and the fact that they agreed that it was mistaken identity. You've been here since 2012 so I suppose that you must have recorded your course – haven't you?

If you haven't learnt the lesson by now then I suggest that you read our customer services guide and then using a call recorder, that you call them once again and discuss the matter calmly and to see what went wrong. Try to speak to the person you spoke to before and refer back to that conversation. See if you can get admissions on the recording.

Then come back here

no unfortunately i didnt have the record facility at the time , only thing in my defence i have cctv footage on a hard drive of me at work at the said given time and date..thanks

Well in that case, the best thing you can do is to follow the advice given above which is to phone them again but this time make sure you record the call.

No doubt you can deal with it without doing that – but it will be much more complicated.

ok thanks for your help

I presume that this alleged accident happened before renewal, so they have charged this amount as the extra required.

If you had been involved in an accident, why have they not contacted you for your side of the story. This would be normal standard practice.

Sounds more like an admin mistake. Someone has entered data on your policy record by mistake.

Make a formal complaint. You are due 8% compensation on the deprivation of not having this money, any costs associated with this wrong debit entry and appropriate compensation for inconvenience caused.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread