Xercise4less/ CRS Debt

Lambisco
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2625 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I initially attempted to cancel my membership with Xercise4less in August 2016, however it appears the email was never sent correctly which I had not been aware of at the time. I cancelled my direct debit after the last one went out and then started to receive text messages about account in default.

I then went online and attempted to cancel again, this time in October which went through successfully.

The first time I called Xercise4less initially about the debt and they told me I owed them £29.99, for September's fee and an admin charge. I refused to pay because I had thought the cancellation email had been sent. I called back in November after I had officially cancelled the account and then they told me it was costing around £50+ now. The person I spoke to told me the amount had increased to cover November's membership fee which I couldn't understand as I definitely received confirmation of cancellation in October. No one could explain to me why they were trying to charge me for November as well so I just left it.

I got a text from CRS debt, I contacted the gym about it and was told this time that I was being charged now for December too. They said that because the direct debit was cancelled before I cancelled with the gym they will continue to charge me membership fees and any admin fees for uncollected direct debit until the debt is paid, even though they received and accepted my cancellation in October. The person I spoke to claims this was in the T&Cs, I have checked them and cannot find anything which states that.

I said I would pay for September and October, and even their admin fees but I would not pay anything more. At this time they said the debt had now been passed over and I would have to speak to CRS, which I have not done. The amount now stands around £90+.

They do not have my correct address and so I have no idea if they sent me any letters regarding this. I offered to pay an amount to cover the error in incorrectly cancelling from the gym but they told me I now have to speak to CRS about it.

I don't know where to go from here.

first thing is stop talking to these fleecers on the phone

they have no legal powers whatsoever

you mention the email was never sent properly

what do you mean please?

but you are 100% correct to refuse to pay any admin fees

totally unlawful...

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Well I admit I didn't cancel my membership correctly which is why I offered to pay fees for September and October.

In August I wrote a cancellation email however, for whatever reason it didn't send and I hadn't noticed at the time.

the initial email simply didn't get sent then? is that what you mean?

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

then you might poss owe the upto and including the monthly payment AFter you cancelled

simply WRITE to them and offer to pay this but NO admin fees

if you have a look in various threads here

you'll see the slick132 letters

and they

Ignore CRS/Harlands et al, no doubt you'll soon be receiving the deforestation form their hilarious solicitors 'Spratt endicott'.

You can ignore them too!

Get onto X4L's social media sites, and start embarrassing them on there about how they treat their customers with such contempt and impunity, I guarantee they'll want to talk to you in private (email) so as not to inform their current and prospective customers just how abysmal their customer service really is!

You can sleep easy, as not only will this NOT appear on your credit file, as this isn't credit, they have ONLY taken two cases to court, and have lost both times, they are nothing to worry about.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

do as post 6

kills two birds

and they

Although like I mentioned they don't have my new address so I've no idea if they've sent anything.

Deal direct with the gym IMO.

These clowns won't send anything less for begging letters wanting you to fund their tea and coffee, and perhaps some chocolate digestives?

When did you join the gym?

And when did you make the last payment to them?

Was it a fixed term contract or a rolling contract?

Did you give them 30 clear days notice when you wanted to cancel??

I know it was done via email, but can you retrieve the email ''sent'' too them ??

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Deal direct with the gym IMO.

These clowns won't send anything less for begging letters wanting you to fund their tea and coffee, and perhaps some chocolate digestives?

When did you join the gym?

And when did you make the last payment to them?

Was it a fixed term contract or a rolling contract?

Did you give them 30 clear days notice when you wanted to cancel??

I know it was done via email, but can you retrieve the email ''sent'' too them ??

I had been with them over a year and now I was into a rolling contract so I didnt have to give any specific reason and they acknowledged the cancellation in October.

I now know my first attempt did not send at all so I accept that I'm liable for 2 months gym fees. The last payment was sent in August for £9.99.

But they're continuing to charge me for November and December(even though I have no access to the gym) and will continue to charge me for every month subsequent (including admin fees) until the debt is paid but I out rightly on the phone refused to pay for anything after October and offered to pay part of it but it was refused (based on we've-the gym- sold the debt now so we can't do anything).

you are falling into their little traps and lies

the gyms payment admin is done by Harland

harlands are CRS

theres no 'debt' to sell and they don't sell them.

get that letter done a advised twice now

no need to do anything further.

and they

Hi Lambi,

Please take time to read other Harlands threads here so you learn how Harlands/CRS operate. They are desperate chancers in the main !

You can cancel by telling the gym staff in person or by phone - it does NOT have to be done the way X4Less say, by using their online system.

Did you try to cancel verbally with gym staff in person or by phone, regardless of your "failed email".

Stay OFF the phone from now on and read other threads !!

After doing this, Harlands/CRS will be a lot less scary and you can ignore them with confidence.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

The first attempt I acknowledge I did not cancel my membership the correct way and the email was not sent which is why I offered to pay for September and October(but they refused it).

The second time the cancellation request was received and they have also acknowledged it via an email response and over the phone as well.

I said to the gym when I spoke to them over the phone that I would not speak to CRS, had no intention of dealing with them and will pay no DCA fees for their decision to pass it over to them.

I'll send a letter to them as you stated before. Thanks for the advice.

Hi Lambi,

Ok, I was just trying to see if you spoke to the gym staff when you first wanted or tried to cancel.

I'd simply write to the gym saying,

I have already offered to pay fees for September and October but this was refused by you and/or Harlands/CRS.

I owe nothing more and will pay nothing more.

If you allow Harlands/CRS to harass me with demands for gym fees and admin fees, you will be reported to Treading Standards and to The CMA.

Send to X4Less Leeds Head Office. Get a free Cert of Posting at the PO when you send this.

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

• 3 weeks later...

I added a few extra lines, I haven't sent the letter yet. Do you think this is ok or should I add or take anything out?

My membership at Glasgow Cambridge Street was cancelled on 14 October 2016, this was acknowledged by email and telephone on 23 December 2016. I have already offered to pay fees for September and October 2016 amounting to £19.98, however, this offer was refused by you and Harlands/CRS.

I owe nothing more and will pay nothing more. I will not be in contact with CRS Debt Management regarding this matter as this dispute does not concern CRS and all further contact shall be in writing.

If you allow Harlands/CRS to harass me with demands for gym fees and admin fees, you will be reported to The Trading Standards Authority and to The CMA.

Less is more, don't add anything to it otherwise you leave yourself wide open.

Don't forget, they know nothing of you, you're just a number to them, and you're nothing more than a number and profit, so making it personal is pointless, they couldn't care less when or how you cancelled, they just want your money.

Send them this and nothing else......

I have already offered to pay fees for September and October but this was refused by you and/or Harlandslink3.gif/CRS.

I owe nothing more and will pay nothing more.

If you allow Harlands/CRS to harass me with demands for gym fees and adminlink3.gif fees, you will be reported to Treading Standards and to The CMA.

Please ensure you get ''proof of posting'' which is free from the PO counter.

They know your current address yes?

Annotate your Ref/Membership number at the top of your letter of course, just don't pad it out other than what Slick posted.

If they know your current address, then there is zero need to inform them of your previous one. :thumb:

That's fine.

As BBoo says, when dealing with the likes of X4Less or Harlands/CRS, you need not waste words on them.

You need do no more than spell out the basics.

Ah, OK, then be sure to inform them of your NEW address on the letter you send them, keep a copy of the letter, and the ''proof of posting'' receipt.

They'll be extremely foolish to try any legal action.