• Tweets

• Defence submitted. On my clear score report there doesn't seem to be any date of default noted, nor can I see where that might appear. When they responded to my CCA and CPR requests they didn't give me a default date either. So, what happens now? Is it likely that I'll actually have to go to court over this?
    • Hi Andy, thanks for the reply. I guess I will need to get copies of the agreement to check that, which may take some time.   What do you suggest I should I do in the interim, as I'm conscious the clock is ticking on needing to AOS?
    • Hi everyone    ive had a card in an envelope hand delivered today from Resolvecall asking me to contact them urgently.   i want to ignore it but I’m not sure that’s the best thing to do?   i had some issues some years ago which have now all been resolved to my knowledge. Anything that I may have overlooked will be way over 6 years, I now have a very healthy credit rating with nothing on any of my credit files.   I have no idea what these people want and this is the 1st contact.    can someone point me in the direction?   thanks    mike 
    • I've been reading up on cases, especially the HSBC vs. Carey. Am I missing something?  It appears to be the conclusion that the decisions in this case meant that regardless of what date  credit agreements were entered into, a claimant no longer needs to produce a signed copy - or even original copy.  It appears that a reconstituted copy of agreement is acceptable by a court and any judge that seems to be swaying towards using it as a reason to find against a claimant could easily be reminded or prompted by their solicitor.  How do I defend my case to be any different?  It will clearly be a case of :   It looks like you probably had a credit card. They've produced a copy of original agreement and added your name and address - so that's good to go. They've got a statement showing a balance outstanding. Therefore, game up - why are you even bothering to defend?     I am working on my "Formal defence"    Can I just ask for some "bullet points"   So far - my main arguments will be that the requested "credit agreement" is not a credit agreement - it is a barely legible application form - which does not bear any account numbers which correspond with the statements produced by the claimant nor match the agreement number included in the original claim (POC).  Secondly, as helpfully highlighted by DX, their WS is relying on a screenshot of "the claimant's predecessors system screen" to show that a default notice was issued on 08/06/2010; clearly there is no copy of said Default notice. Other items I have up my sleeve - should I include? - are the discrepancy in the amounts owing between the Assignment notices - Lloyds stating a figure in excess of £6k (dated 29/6/19) and a letter from Hoist informing me of this assignment but stating an outstanding amount of £4.5k (the amount of the claim).  Clearly, the lack of reference numbers - i.e. their claim does not match the 16 digit credit card number shown on the numerous statements they have included in their WS. And do not match a number shown on the blurry application form. Also, the application form is dated 1998, the first statement they provide is 2010 - can I use this gap/lack of evidence in my favour? I notice on my "illegible" application form there was a reference to "credit card payments insurance" (I assume this is PPI) - during my research, I'm sure I read that any t&c provided should also include this - I notice their seven added pages make no reference to PPI - which even if I didn't take it out would surely have been needed to be included?   So - just to summarise - is it the "poor quality credit agreement"; the fact that they haven't even declared that they are producing reconstituted copies of t&c and the lack of default notice having been issued - well lack of copy?   On the flip side - where do I stand in terms of the payments I was making - allegedly to this account - via Robinson Way? Is that a case of acting dumb/naive?   Thanks very much everyone.   Barafear.    
    • it sometimes takes a good while for all related entries to be removed.   dx
  • Our picks

libra007

Lowell/? claimform - old Cap1 card 'debt'

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1038 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Just trying to file defence for behalf of my otherhalf while away from UK on break.

It is correctly timed by lowell to mis during the festive period.

I dont know it might be last day to file it so need urgent responses please.

it was issued on 22/11/2016 and i filed AOC

I have already sent Lowell CCA and CPR request a week ago.

I will try to attach PoC here otherwise i will type it

Added POC

PoC.pdf

defence due this friday by 4pm.

use our search CAG box of the top red toolbar

Lowell claimform card.

use the no paperwork/holding defence

post it up here first mind!!

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

spreadsheets 

THanks, I have drafted as below, hope its ok

1)The Defendant entered into a*consumer credit*Act 1974 regulated agreement with Capital One under account reference xxxxxxxxxx (the Agreement)

(2)The Defendant failed to maintain the required payments and a default notice was served and not complied with.

(3) The Agreement was later assigned to the Claimant on 12/03/2015 and notice was given to the Defendant.

(4)Despite repeated requests for payment, the sum of £2,228.63 remains due and outstanding.

And the Claimant claims*

(a)The said sum of £2,228.63.63*

(b) interest pursuant to s69 County Courts Act 1984 at the rate of 8% per annum*

from the date of assignment to the date of issue,accruing at a daily rate of £0.488,

but limited to one year,being £178.29

c) costs

#####Defence######

1 The Defendant contends that the particulars of claim are vague and generic in nature.

The Defendant accordingly sets out its case below and relies on CPR r 16.5 (3) in relation to any particular allegation to which a specific response has not been made.

2. Paragraph 1 is noted. I have in the past had an agreement with Capital One but do not recognise this specific account number or recollect any outstanding debt and have therefore requested clarification by way of a CPR 31.14 and section 78 request..

3. Paragraph 2 is denied I have not been served with a Default Notice pursuant to the consumer credit Act 1974.

4. Paragraph 3 is denied. I am unaware of any legal assignment or Notice of Assignment pursuant to the Law and Property Act 1925 Section 136(1)

5. On receipt of the*claim form the Defendant sent a request by way of a section 78 pursuant to the Consumer Credit Act 1974, for a copy of the agreement, the Claimant has yet to comply and remains in default of said request.*

6. A further request made via CPR 31.14 to the claimants solicitor, requesting disclosure of documents on which the Claimant is basing their claim. The claimant has not complied, but has stated a general extension of time to retrieve the documents, to date nothing has been received.

7. It is therefore not accepted with regards to the Defendant owing any monies to the Claimant and the Claimant is put to strict proof to:

a) show how the Defendant has entered into an agreement and;

b) show how the Defendant has reached the amount claimed for and;

c) show the nature of the breach and evidence by way of a Default Notice pursuant to sec 88 CCA1974

d) show how the Claimant has the legal right, either under statute or equity to issue a claim

8. As per*Civil Procedure*16.5 it is expected that the claimants prove the allegation that the money is owed

9. On the alternative, as the Claimant is an assignee of a debt, it is denied that the Claimant has the right to lay a claim due to contraventions of section 136 of the Law of Property Act and section 82A of the Consumer Credit Act 1974

10. By reasons of the facts and matters set out above, it is denied that the Claimant is entitled to the relief claimed or any relief.

Do I need to attach the letter sent for CCA and CPR to LOWELL and its Solicitors? also proof postage? or its for later Thanks in advance

that's for later

let andyorch check the defence

and when done

you copy and paste into the MCOL website

check it is working

as it usually fails over the holiday period

if its not allowing you to log in

we have an email address you can use

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

spreadsheets 

MCOL is only one way of responding to a claim.

If you are having problems logging in, or would prefer not to use MCOL,

you can fax, email or post your response to the Court instead.

If you send your response by e mail

please send it to MCOL@hmcts.gsi.gov.uk and ensure you quote “Claim response” and quote the claim number in the subject field.

spreadsheets 

6. A further request made via CPR 31.14 to the claimants solicitor, requesting disclosure of documents on which the Claimant is basing their claim. The claimant has not complied, but has stated a general extension of time to retrieve the documents, to date nothing has been received.

did they^^^^

if not remove the blue bit

spreadsheets 

Removed and sent email, if i get acces to MCOL is it worth filing defence there too after 4:00 now?

Removed and sent email, if i get acces to MCOL is it worth filing defence there too after 4:00 now?

anytime wont hurt

spreadsheets 

You have already sent it to MCOL...(defence was correct )

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Thanks it was accepted via email by court. They have sent the acknowledgement.

No Reponse to SAR and CCA request from Lowell apart from letter they stated they have requested information from original creditor

We have now received from Lowell copy of Directions Questionnaire(Small Court Track) for mediation they have filed with court.

What would be our response to when i receive from court, do we agree or not ?

also made my first donation to the site, it deserve our support!

Sar?

Why was that sent and too whom?

Should have been a cpr31:14 to the sols.

spreadsheets 

Yes you agree to mediation also...unless its statute barred or its not your debt

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

sorry it was CPR 31.14 Request to Sols not SAR

good job!

spreadsheets 

any tips how to fill in the N180, specially about signing part thats states must sign, if i have to serve to other party too

you sign as normal this is a court form

:mad2::-x:jaw::sad:

yes to mediation

the rest is obv

you don't have to sign their copy [sols] nor give them phone no's or emails etc

only the courts copy

spreadsheets