'Grossly Offensive' video

pencil
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2654 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello and thank you,

A friend has been summonsed in a private prosecution regarding a 'grossly offensive' comedy song posted on a political youtube channel. The defendant claims it is a vexatious litigation by political opponents. What is her best strategy for defence? She did not send this video to the complainant or address it to the group they represent, they sought it out and chose to bring a private prosecution because they don't like the message.

What does the summons state exactly ?

Unless we know the exact circumstances, i doubt anyone can comment.

Did Youtube take the video down, follow any complaint made ?

Have the Police ever been involved and made any referral to CPS ?

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

She did not send this video to the complainant or address it to the group they represent,

I'm not sure that is relevant to a prosecution (private or through the CPS), if it was posted publicly i.e. to YouTube.

I am not clear what specific criminal offence your friend is being accused of. This would presumably be stated in the documentation. I think we'd need to know that to comment.

If the claim is vexatious, it might be worth engaging a solicitor with experience in this area, as I would have thought your friend should be able to recover her legal costs if the case is dismissed?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS