Ford dealership sold car " we had bought" to someone else

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1602 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Wonder if anyone could advise on best way to complain about a Ford Dealer (Lookers Ford Sunderland) ?

I try to keep the details brief and concise,

we had agreed a price with Ford Dealer on Sat 17/12 for a new Ford Fiesta Zetec 5 door 82 ps.

I had negotiated a good price through the Carwow website,

I also got the impression that the dealer was keen to sell to meet sales targets for the month etc.

due to a problem with the printer, unable to print order form so we never actually signed anything to confirm deal.

The salesperson said she would email the order form on Saturday afternoon,

however she never did this.

finance was agreed/authorised with the Ford Finance/credit.

We were informed that the dealer would contact us on Monday 19/12 to arrange when we could finalise paperwork and pick the car up.

The Dealer did ring us on 19/12

but told us that the car had been sold by another Ford Dealer in Leeds,

we were informed the "system" had not been updated by this dealer,

so the car was still showing as unsold.

We have demanded that they provide a like for like replacement vehicle at the same cost,

but Lookers Ford Sunderland are saying they cannot physically source another Fiesta and refuse to honour the original price agreed also saying they were losing money and the discounts they agreed on Saturday will not apply them to another vehicle.

They have offered a three door car, no mention of price with extra kit on

but this is no good to us as my mother has mobility problems and we need a 5 door car.

All we want is for Lookers Ford Sunderland to provide the car we had ordered and the price we agreed on Saturday.

cannot believe a Ford Dealer would behave in such a manner?

or am I missing something here?

I have complained to Ford and have been given a complaints ref number, have been told they will contact me in 48 hours.

Would appreciate any other suggestions on how to escalate complaint further?

Please would you avoid posting in a solid block of text. It makes it very difficult to read for people who might otherwise be very enthusiastic about helping you. Please punctuate and space and use paragraph returns.

On the basis of what you say, they have an obligation to supply you with the same vehicle or equivalent – without any loss, sacrifice or compromise on your part.

The fact that their systems are working sufficiently or people haven't operated them correctly is up to them. It's not your problem. 48 hours is the beginning of the fob off process. Particularly as you are on the back of Christmas then New Year, 48 hours will take you well into the first week of next year before you can even think of getting it sorted out.

Additionally, I suppose you have a further problem that at the moment you have no vehicle. If you're lucky enough to have a vehicle to keep you going for the moment then it gives you the whip hand because you can afford to take your time and impose your requirements – although at the end it may well need you to begin a legal action.

If you don't have a vehicle then they probably realise that they have an advantage over you as you will be anxious that this whole thing doesn't inconvenience you any more than possible.

It really all depends on what you want to do and how long you want it to take. The ultimate solution will be to start a small claim in the County Court to enforce the contract which they have breached

Oh Dear BF, so early on in the thread and you already mention court action.

CarWow is an online broker, their T&C's state :

How offers are received and accepted on the website

We do not sell cars.

We enable car dealers to provide you with offers for the sale of cars through the Website (“Offers”).

If you decide to buy a car from a car dealer,

you will be entering an agreement with that car dealer.

We are not a party to that agreement.

>>>By accepting an Offer made by a car dealer through the website, you are not committing to buy the car offered.

>>>By showing an Offer on behalf of a car dealer, the car dealer is not committing to sell a car for that price or to sell a car at all

Offers are received and accepted by the following process:

You post on the Website your requirements and preferences for your new car.

Car dealers issue an Offer, or an Offer is issued on their behalf, which matches your requirements and preferences.

Car dealers may include a price, delivery time and other costs as part of the Offer.

You consider the Offers and if you are interested in accepting an Offer, you get in touch with the car dealer.

You and the car dealer may then agree a contract for the purchase of a car along the lines set out in the Offer.

This may involve the payment of a deposit to the car dealer, financing packages or other contractual terms.

We cannot guarantee that you will receive any Offers, or when any Offers will be issued.

We may moderate Offers but we are not obligated to do so.

We or the car dealer may choose to edit or remove Offers at anytime.

If you choose to buy a car from a car dealer,

you will do so by entering an agreement which does not involve the Website in any way.

You must ensure that all information about you that is held by us is true, complete, not misleading and up to date.

There is no contract yet and any court action will fall at the first hurdle.

The 'trade' hates CarWow.......................................................

H

42 years at the pointy end of the motor trade. :eek: