some one has called to my house and attempted to get in

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2677 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Morning,

This morning, some one has called to my house and attempted to get in.

I was letting the dogs out, and there was a knock on the door. So, trying to sort them out and get them back in takes a while, they are big bouncy dogs. Anyway as I am trying to get them in, there is a man with a photo id around his neck and some sort of ipad in his hands, after the first knock he was shouting 'hello is there anyone in there, pretty loud and constantly, also looking through the kitchen window. I could see him from the garden.

As I got into the house I could see the handle on my front door going up and down, so he was on the other side trying to let himself in it seems.

Because of this I did not answer the door and stayed in the hallway.

He was there for about 20 minutes knocking and shouting hello, is anyone there.

Now there is a debt I paying to Lowell monthly via standing order, it has just started but the payment has gone through to them on 1st Dec.

I do have another debt which is outstanding with them but I am not in a position to sort that out for at least a couple of months so I am ignoring that for now until I can pay it off - silly I know, but I will sort it out (no threats of CCJ though from anyone currently)

I just wondered, is this a debt company? It cannot be a bailiff because I have not been taken to county court by anyone, or could it be the DWP? I cannot understand the person trying to gain access to my house. If my door was not locked he would have been in here and that scares me a lot.

No card was put through the door so I have no idea what this is and I am a little worried.

I am in receipt of ESA and HB so do wonder if DWP, but still, would they just try to open my front door and walk in?

If they were doing that, then it sounds like either a Magistrates Court fine, Council Tax liability, Energy company debt or County court debt.

Ever had a speeding fine or other Magistrates fine ?

Council Tax liability ?

Energy company debt, threat of fitting prepayment meter ?

County Court debt not aware of, as claim went to old address ?

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Hi, thanks for your reply.

It couldnt be any of those things as after getting help from here previously I am now always (almost) on top of everything :)

I have just spoken to my neighbour. She came out to see what was going on and to tell him off.

Anyway, he told her he is looking for someone called Melissa (she thinks he said) and it was to do with someone using this address for something - but thats all he said.

He also said he was an enforcement officer.

I have lived here for almost 9 years. No one has ever lived here called Melissa, and also there has never been any post here for anyone of that name, and no one has ever used my address to my knowledge, but it seems that if he was saying he is an enforcement officer then he must be a bailiff if he is trying to get in?

With this knowledge, if he calls back should I answer the door? I am worried as he will clearly just come in and start shouting the odds until I prove I am not who he is looking for, and also that I am not hiding this person.

I have nothing to hide, but if he just walked in and was aggressive i'd probably do something silly.

I have just remembered, a few years ago I had bailiffs here at around 8 in the morning, banging my door really loudly, it woke me up and I answered as they were walking away. They ran back into my garden quite aggressive asking for someone but I can't remember who it was, BUT this was for my house number, in the next street, so I am number 3 something Place, and they were after number 3 something Road which is the next street. I had to show ID to prove who I was back then as well.

He told my neighbour he would be putting a letter through my door, but then walked out of my street to his car and did not come back...

I feel slightly less worried now, but still a bit shaky with them trying to let themselves in.

Sounds like they have the wrong address again. They may work it out for themselves and go to the correct address.

If it related to you, then you would have had letters through the post.

If they do return again, just answer them through the locked door without opening it. Ask them who they are looking for and if necessary pass something through the letter box confirming your name e.g council tax bill. So get your council bill out and have it by the door just in case.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

I'd be informing the police!

Regardless of who they are, if someone walked into my home, with or without ID hanging round their neck they'd struggle to walk out the place!

Even if it is a court certified bailiff, they have strict codes to follow.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

I am in receipt of ESA and HB so do wonder if DWP, but still, would they just try to open my front door and walk in?

Just to put your mind at rest: No one from the DWP will enter unannounced or try knocking the door down. If they were to call, a letter would have been sent first notifying you of a home visit.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

retitled and moved to the bailiff forum.

as for the debt? you are paying to lowells

I hope you've sent them a cca reques tbefore blindly paying a DCA

they ARE NOT BAILIFFS!!

and have

NO SUCH LEGAL POWERS

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Without knowing what it is about it is difficult to advise. If they are claiming to be Enforcement Officers then I am surprised no notices have been left, never mind any letters you should have had warning of a visit. It may also pay to check your credit file to see if a CCJ has been awarded against you.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]