Cooker problems from AO **Resolved** (more problems)!!!

TheLion
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2580 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello. Could someone advise us please on the following problem?

We purchased an electric cooker from AO in April and only use it once a day. Today it started giving off an acrid electrical burning smell so we had to turn it off and disconnect it.

AO tried to pass the buck to the manufacturer when we initially contacted them but my wife argued the point that they are respnosible as they sold us the product.

What are their legal obligations on this and what rights do we have?

Any help would be fantastic.

Thnk you

TheLion.

AO are ultimately responsible for this correct.

It has nothing to do with you and the manufacturer, your complaint is between AO and yourselves.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Pardon my ignorance but who are AO?

Anyway, the cooker has to be fit for its purpose and it sounds if it's not. The supplier of the cooker is responsible although it is often the practice for sellers to have some kind of arrangement with manufacturers so that the customer is encouraged to go directly to the manufacturer. However, this is a local arrangement and is not binding on customers.

What kind of cooker is it – meaning make model et cetera. Have you looked around the Internet to see if similar problems have occurred with this model?

Anything like this is potentially dangerous and so I would tell AO that they are absolutely responsible and that you want something done immediately – before Christmas or else you will report it to Trading Standards. From the sounds of it, I think that there is a risk that you may have no cooking apparatus over Christmas.

At the same time, (so that you get as many irons in the far as possible) I would also contact the manufacturer and complain to them. What you want is an urgent call out for somebody to come along and check it and to make sure it is okay or else to identify the fault and repair it. Both the supplier and the manufacturer are able to do this if they are prepared to show a bit of goodwill. Whether or not there is goodwill forthcoming at this particular Season, is another big question.

When you speak to people, you should record your calls. Read our customer services guide.

Please let us have the information that I have asked for above and also come back here after you have contacted both the supplier and the manufacturer on Monday and told us what they say.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Quick update.

After a heated discussion on Monday, a manager at Ao has agreed to send an engineer to have a look at the cooker on Wednesday. If the cooker cannot be repaired there and then, they have agreed to send out a next day delivery replacement.

Not heard anything about what time the engineer is coming out yet. Hopefully it all works out.

If the cooker cannot be repaired there and then, they have agreed to send out a next day delivery replacement.

Sounds good, let us know how you get on.

Update:

The Cooker has now been repaired. Following the engineer visit on Wednesday, during which he could not repair the cooker there and then, AO decided that they would rather send out a new part than replace the cooker.

This caused a lot of concern as the new part did not arrive until yesterday. Though thankfully it is now up and running for the festive season.

Thank you to everyone who replied to this thread. Have a great festive season and an even better New Year.

Regards

TheLion.

Update:

The Cooker has now been repaired.

:thumb: Have a good Christmas.

• 2 months later...

Had to post this up as I am absolutely fuming!!!

The oven on our repaired cooker went wrong again last Monday evening. I phoned AO and they tried to pass me off to New World again which I was not having. I stated that the last manager that my wife spoke to stated that if the cooker went wrong again they would replace it.

After numerous phone calls to AO I was informed on Wednesday that they would replace the cooker as New World wanted to repair it yet again!!! The guy I spoke to stated that the earliset that they could deliver was today and that we would have to get the cooker disconnected and then connect the new one.

Well we managed to get the cooker disconnected on Thursday evening as that was the ony day that the electrician was available to do it for us. Since then we have been living off microwave food and takeaways.

I decided to check the delivery status about thirty minutes ago and they have no record of any delivery for us for today!!! It looks like we have been completely mislead and now have to await a call back within the hour to see how they will resolve this farce!!!

AO are a complete and utter joke!!!