moorcroft then westcot for BC - now found unknown Cabot CCJ for barclaycard 'debt'

andyg1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2681 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Wescot have written to me about a barclaycard debt which they and Barclacard have written to me confirming the debt is unenforceable.

They both claim however that collections can continue and they threaten more contact from the recovery team.

Despite writing on sevreal occasions requesting all correspondence to be in writing they continue to phone.

If it is unenforceable i am not going to pay , i think they recognise that .

How do i go about either finalising this matter or at least prevent endless telephone cals from Wescot please ?

Thanks

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you written to them and told them that as it is now statute barred, you will not be paying anything further?

They are correct in that the debt will always remain and they can attempt collection, just not through the courts. However, their collection attempts must not become harassment.

Thanks for your reply it is not statue barred untill 6 years have past since i last paid anything to the account i have another 5 years before that happens as i paid token sums .

To confirm i thought i was allowed to insist on no telephone calls is that right ?

If they wish to send me letters for 5 years i can live with that but why would they waste their money ?

you rarely have bailiffs used on civil ccj's

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Sadly, just because they have advised that this is unenforceable - they will continue to harass you.

You can insist on communicating in writing only. The OFT cover this in their Debt Collection Guidance.

You should be able to get any numbers these companies used blocked by your provider as nuisance calls. However, they tend to use a block of numbers.

The only thing I could suggest would be to invest in something like "True Call" - CAG did use to sell them, but they can be obtained from amazon at a cheaper price.

The Guardian did an article on this product ..

http://www.guardian.co.uk/money/blog/2013/jun/25/how-stop-nuisance-phone-calls

Those people who have invested in them say their lives have been changed dramatically, because they have regained control over their lives.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

County Court bailiffs can be used by the creditor if a CCJ is registered and payment not received.

I suggest you get a statutory declaration done stating that all items within the property and it's boundary belong to you - affixed is a template stat dec which you can have notarised at a local solicitor for around £10 (I think that's the going rate), or by a county court officer. If bailiffs do turn up at your home to execute a warrant you can then show them a copy of the stat dec. Make several photocopies in case you need to give a copy to a bailiff.

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

• 5 weeks later...

Hi i have twice sent Barclaycard a CCA after around 7 months they respond with a reconstitued agreement which obviously is signed by neither party .

What would be my next move please

Thanks

Andy

It's really very unlikely that you'll be able to challenge the enforceability of this one due to the date in which you opened the account. Any credit agreements eneterd into after the 6th April 2007 can be enforced via the leave of the court - even if they are not in the correct format or improperly executed.

In short it's quite possible that if Barclaycard (who whoever purchases the debt from them) takes you to court they'll get their judgment - regardless of the fact that there are no signatures. They'll just need to prove to the court that a contract existed.

Thanks for the reply that is a shame a couple of months earlier and it could have been challennged then . It is with Moorcroft now manage the account o behalf of Barclays i have a token £1pcm payment plan in place

Thanks

Andy

There is no obligation for the creditor to supply a copy of an agreement with a SAR.

A recon does not need signatures.

A recon. MUST have.

1. Your name and address at the inception of the agreement.

2. Name of Creditor and their address at inception.

3. ALL the Ts & Cs at inception and any other documents mentioned in the Ts & Cs.

4. The relevant Ts &Cs at closure of the account.

5. All amendments made during the life of the agreement.

ALL the financial data applicable to the original agreement.

If the above is complied with it satisfies a request under sect. 77/78 CCA 1974.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Thanks Brigadier

I have a question the reconstitued agreement i have is dated more than a year before i even applied for the card.

It has no signature and it would seem they have just randomly chosen a date after April 2007 and added it despite the account not having been applied nor open till more than a year later .

How would i handle this in your opinion

Thanks

I have just noticed the reconstitued agreement is dated more than a year before i applied and was accepted for the account.

Therefore it is not a true reflection of the account

How might i handle this situation

Thanks

when was the last payment made?

is this on your CRa file [see below]

if link have it

then it must be toxic

got PPI & penalty charges to reclaim?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

After a SAR and two CCA requests i have been furnished with 2 re-constituted agreemnts by BARCLAYCARD but both with the same date are dated a year before the card was applied for .

Brigadier suggests that the reconstituted agreement should show the date of inception

They show however June 2007 a year or more before i applied and was accepted for the card.

How do i handle this.

The debt is being managed by Moorcroft and still owned by Barclaycard but it would appear they have randomly guessed a date ?

Thanks

No sigs required on a recon, if the date is prior to the account opening the recon can be rejected as non compliant.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

There is no date on the actual agreement is all blank aside from my name and address and theirs . The date is on the terms and conditions and is for one year earlier.

Then the Ts & Cs cannot be assumed to be correct.

Personally I would wait until you are contacted then bring up the CCA request failure to comply, let them waste time and money!