Mjm998

Halifax credit card mishandling complaint. No statements for 31 months

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1025 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Ah.... thats why the statement stopped...its basically a bad debt and most probably transferred to their recoveries.They do not issue statements on bad debts as its most probably all ready been wrote off and tax claimed back against it.

Im very surprised its not been assigned to a DCA by now.

I think it would be prudent to send a request for the agreement using a section 78 request...lets see if they have an enforceable agreement.(template in our library)

Bank the £200 and once cleared send the above and see what response you get....then you can revue your own position on whether you want to keep making payments into a black hole.

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

No,

they closed it because they wrongly marked it as having the card reported stolen.

They've owned up to all this in writing, and telling me I wasn't eligible for statements as my account was closed.

I never defaulted.

It got lost in their 'fraud' section,

account number was changed

and they just wouldn't fix it

(or admit any of this till I issued the SAR)

They cocked up big time and admit it in writing,

but FOS say £200 is reasonable for 31 months of mishandling

Well I would still consider the above in view of the interest and your payments having no effect on the balance.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

trying to work out if I'm at the end of the road here.

The FOS email states:

I understand that Halifax should have provided you with statements and/or information as per legislation and the information issued by the UK Cards Association.

However, Halifax have accepted it did not provide you with statements with that information which in my opinion is reasonable.

So they have gone against regulations for 31 months but the FOS say admitting that is good enough. I'm guessing they win?

Forget the FOS...take matters in to your own hands and do something constructive as I have advised above.

Ok, thanks.

so if I send off for a copy of the credit agreement then what would I do next?

Im so sick of them getting away with treating consumers like Rubbish

Already advised in post#26 above...but if they dont comply within 12 +2 days then you decide whether to continue to pay or reduce it to £1 a month