Parking Eye double dipping at moterway service station [11 hours stay!!]

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2653 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My wife has today received a PCN from Parking Eye stating that a car registered in her name was in a motorway services car park for over 11 hours!

This has come about because the driver has entered the services area via the service road, at 7:07 to access the motorway, they have therefore not parked at all. they have then entered the services again at 18:32 and left via the service road.

Looking at the photos it would appear the 1st one is of the rear of the car and the 2nd one is of the front, I would have expected that the 1st should be the front, entering and the 2 the rear, leaving.

What is the best course of action with this, I could prove, with witnesses that the car was not in the carpark for that long, as it was 70 miles away on a construction site. would I be best to ask PE which cameras the photos are from or just point out that the car couldn't have been there and I have witnesses to refute the photos.

All help and advice would be gratefully appreciated, I have attached the letter received.

Thanks

Paul

PCN Parking Eye.pdf

Usual PE cock up,

they are supposd to employ somebody to look at the pictures before they send them out to ensure that this kind of thng doesnt happen.

However, once they have issued the demand they are very tardy in withdrawing their spurious claim as they have wasted good money by then and want to get it back, regardless of how ridiculous the claim is and so will say that black is white rather than admit their stupidity.

In your case the keeper of the vehicle will have to appeal to them first and simply say that "there has been no breach of the parking conditions as your not fit for purpose camera system has captured 2 different non-parking events as has determined that they are one.

It is clear from the photographs that the so-called exit image is the vehicle entereing the land for the second time rather than someone reversing the wrong way up a motorway slip road.

Please cancel this claim before it is posted on social media where everyone can laugh at your incompetence".

Dont pull any punches and dont offer any evidence that the vehicle was elsewhere during the intervening period as you can use that later.

The operator's appeals system is sending out a stock rejection letter so dont justify yourselves too much, you can do that when you appeal to POPLA after this if necessary and really rub it in.

• 4 weeks later...