Item refunded instead of replaced, now for sale at double

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1645 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I bought something from amazon marketplace seller, a used item, at a good price.

Item was dispatched but didn't arrive.

Seller offered replacement which also didn't arrive and out of the blue I received a refund.

Seller now has item back up for sale but with a 100% premium. I assume the seller mispriced it.

Could I insist on a replacement and go so far as to drag it to court for 'loss of bargain'?

It's not big money, just be good to understand the rules.

Thanks, Kristian

The purpose of contractual damages is to put you into the position that you would have been if the contract had been concluded successfully. This means that if you contracted for an item which you didn't get, then a proper contractual solution would be to provide you with the replacement of the item or the purchase price of an equivalent item.

On that basis, yes you could insist on a replacement – but don't hold your breath, or else you could go to court and sue for the price of a replacement.

The problem is that if it's not big money then it scarcely worth the hassle

Amazon have a process for such complaints.

https://payments.amazon.co.uk/help/201751580

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

use the amazon complaints process first, the seller will have a job explaining themselves.

However amazon are like eby. they only get money from one side so they often make decisions that are not based on the law of the land.

thanks. cannot use the complaints process as refund issued. shame. i saw i can leave feedback though, that will probably be enough to satisfy me.