looking for part time, but being put on a full time placement

bcham
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2678 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi, im 60 years old and i am on jsa, and have health issues, (can not stand for long periods) my adviser knows this ,but now she says its time for me to move forwards, and she will find me a work placement ,when asked how many hours, she said ,most likely 30 hours a week. my work sheet states looking for work 16 hours a week max.but shes going to find me a placement for 30 hours ?:-x

if i walk out of the placement will i be sanctioned.

well i had a motor cycle accident in 1990 and my right leg was built back up with rods and pins. and was told later in life i would most likely get arthritis which i now have, as the leg aches after standing an hour or more.

its all on the advisers computer from letters from my doctor.

well i had a motor cycle accident in 1990 and my right leg was built back up with rods and pins. and was told later in life i would most likely get arthritis which i now have, as the leg aches after standing an hour or more.

its all on the advisers computer from letters from my doctor.

If your arthritis is worse then the normal arthritis of a 60 year old due to this accident then maybe you should be looking at ESA and PIP rather than JSA.

If its just the normal wear and tear due to your age then with proper medication there should be no reason for you not to be able to work 30 hours.

I am 61 and like you used to find it difficult to stand up all day, I am a charity shop manager and have a physically demanding job, I have arthritis in both my hands and my knees, and a problem with my hip, after last winter I didn't think I could carry on especially when they cancelled my bus route and I now have to work a mile to and from town.

I now take naproxen and although I have to be monitored and take omeprazole as well I can honestly say its really helped even when its been freezing I have been able to stand a lot longer and use my hands more.

It may be in your best interests to go back to your GP and find out the full extent of your arthritis and your options in terms of treatment/investigations instead of writing yourself off for the next 6/7 years of working life you have before getting your state pension

hi, im 60 years old and i am on jsa, and have health issues, (can not stand for long periods) my adviser knows this ,but now she says its time for me to move forwards, and she will find me a work placement ,when asked how many hours, she said ,most likely 30 hours a week. my work sheet states looking for work 16 hours a week max.but shes going to find me a placement for 30 hours ?:-x

if i walk out of the placement will i be sanctioned.

I thought they scrapped mandatory work placements back in March.