ThedaBara

Delayed decision re Pension Credit

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 982 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hello... I wonder if anyone can help with this, please?

I'm writing on behalf of a friend who applied to DWP for pension credit way back in June.

For some reason, DWP took a very long time (6 months!) to come to a decision... they have finally decided that he is entitled to PC of around £80 per week, and that it will be backdated.

Does this mean he will get the full 6 months PC, or do they have a limit on the amount they will refund?

I think I saw somewhere that no matter how much they owe you, they limit it to 3 months back pay... or am I wrong?

Thanks in advance for any help, Theda.

No, they will backdate to the day he made the application, or the day his entitlement started (whichever is later).

The three months rule applies only in cases where the claimant is asking for backdating prior to the date of application.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

Many thanks, I will pass that on.

The Claimant received £400 only, (instead of the amount he had expected, which was around £2,000), so he will need to take that up with DWP, I guess.

Regards, Theda.

When I had a backdated benefits payment,it arrived in instalments. Maybe this is the case with your friend.

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Hi HB... Yes... it's been going on for ages and literally like trying to get blood out of a stone. First they offered £9 per week, and when he argued that amoint, they increased it to £19 per week.

Then he appealed their decision, and they finally said he was entitled to about £88 per week!

I think the £400 is probably the amount of £19 backdated to June.

They certainly make things very confusing & he is lucky to have family wo have supported him all this time.

Many thanks for the help... I'll report back if and when he eventually gets it sorted out.

Regards, Theda.

usual that they send it out like that as there is a max amount for any one cheque/cash warrant. I had envelopes stuffed full of small amounts when they paid me £8k arrears some years ago.

Many thanks, I will pass that on.

The Claimant received £400 only, (instead of the amount he had expected, which was around £2,000), so he will need to take that up with DWP, I guess.

Regards, Theda.

usual that they send it out like that as there is a max amount for any one cheque/cash warrant. I had envelopes stuffed full of small amounts when they paid me £8k arrears some years ago.

They don't send cheques anymore, tends to be BACS

Please do not ask me for advice via PM as I will not reply.

Yeah... gets paid straight into bank account now... well that's promising... hopefully he should get the rest at some point, then.

I will report backif and when it's sorted.

Many thanks for the very helpful posts. Theda.