• Tweets

• I've had to hide your post. You've left your name, address, registration number as well as MET's reference all showing. Please redact the PCN and upload it again, following our upload guide.
    • Your best bet would be to ask your insurance company if they would still insure you for the car if it is written off 
    • I'd bet that you're being fobbed off by Tesco here. I can't for the life of me think why a landlord would foist parking restrictions on a rent-paying supermarket.  Parking is of no interest to the landlord whatsoever.  We've never seem such a set up.  It 's the supermarket that insists on restrictions.  indeed on the PCN it is stated that the car park belongs to Tesco. So e-mail the CEO of Tesco  https://www.ceoemail.com/s.php?id=ceo-9138&c=Tesco Plc-Group CEO Lay it on thick about being a genuine customer, attach any proof of payment, and point out that the BB bays were being abused by non-BB holders and so you had no choice but to park, briefly, in the wrong bay.  Request that they cancel the invoice. Some organ grinders - e.g. Asda - are superb at getting tickets cancelled.  Others - e.g. McDonald's - are worse than useless.  But it surely has to be worth a try,
    • You could still write to head office. I find that some supermarket managers do not have the authority to make these decisions. So rather than admit that they fob their customers off.  One would have thought that  as a regular customer H.O. would take that into consideration in dealing with you request.  Explain that there is a five minute Consideration period that has been ignored by UKPPO which is in breach of the Code of Practice that are supposed to observe. And as such they have breached your GDPR There is no need to appeal.  You already have enough knowledge to fight off their stupid claim as I pointed out on Post 2. They do not know who was driving and as long as you don't appeal they will have no proof to name who was driving in Court. You as keeper are not liable because the PCN is not compliant. You were only there for under four minutes with a five minute Consideration period.  They have no chance of winning should they go to Court. You have as near to an open and shut case in your favour. Why would you want to appeal.There is no mileage in it for them to accept your appeal especially as you did park where you shouldn't. You can totally ignore everything they send you  except if they send you a Letter of Claim. Then come back to us if they do and we will get you to send a suitably snotty letter which hopefully will change their mind about going any further. Go on with your life and don't worry. And we are always here if you wobble
    • Hello again,  Quick update regarding the situation.  I stopped receiving phone calls and texts from ICON Debt Collections. However, just like Ojm_1994 i received a text this morning stating ' Notice of likely CCJ/enforcement due to non-payment. please call our legal team urgently' and received an email which said the following;  'Further to our previous correspondence, our investigations indicate you continue to be linked at the following address according to the UK Database. XXX Following instructions from our client, we are now preparing to issue legal action against you. In the event of non-payment, we will apply to obtain a CCJ (County Court Judgment) against you, which will result in the High Court Bailiff attending the above address in an attempt to either secure payment or remove goods. Our Enforcement Team can be contacted on 020 8315 2400 or you can access your legal file via our website www.iconcollections.com by selecting MANAGE YOUR ACCOUNT to make payment by Debit or Credit Card. Please enter our legal reference number exactly as stated above along with your postcode to enter your account securely.' As stated above I'm going to continue to ignore these unless advised otherwise. I will keep this thread updated with any further information which may help other people in this situation.  Any further advice would be appreciated.  Thanks,  T  
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

How much is a reasonable Contractual Monthly Payment+Arrears Offer?

Nobbin
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2678 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I'm hoping you can help my sister with this quandary. She has some mortgage arrears for various reasons but they are now wanting to sort this issue out. A court hearing has been booked but her mortgage company have called and said they are willing to help and look at options. The arrears are around £5800.

Going forward they can pay the contractual monthly payment plus an amount towards the arrears. The mortgage company say they will consider this but a i and e form must be completed. So I'm trying to help her work out what might be seen as a reasonable offer

Their income is £2700 pm and essential dd etc including mortgage is £1715. On top of that we've allowed for food and a few other bits.

So the remains non essential balance pm is £500. How much of that should she offer and leave herself for entertainment, unexpected expenses etc which would seem fair to mortgage company or potentially a judge.

Whats " camp " Nobbin ?

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Who is the mortgage company

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

then if she can afford the uplift in payments over that term it would be simplest to have the whole amount commuted to the mortgage rather than busting a gut to pay off and extra £500 a month for a year. An extra £60 a month for 10 years is not crippling. getting them to agree to this is the tricky bit, they will most likely think that she may well slip back into old habits sosomething will be needed to be done to persuade them otherwise. They may well agree but want an arrangement fee of some extortionate amount added as well. The bad news is the court application hanging over her gives them the good cards. If it is more than a month away then she should pay off some of the arrears without being asked and then make sure the next regular payment is met. This will steal their wind a little and make them more likely to accept the most obvious method of going forward.

Mind you a lot will depend upon why the arrears mounted up in the first place and what the mortgage co were told at the time, if anything. Just not paying it because she had a nice holiday in the Maldives instead wont make them feel like spreading the amount owed over a long time.

As the poor family haven't had a holiday in three years, they could only wish for a Maldive trip at this point sadly. It was due to a combination of urgent house repairs, a serious car problem and her children starting secondary school. A perfect storm of circumstances that would be very unlikely ever to occur again.

At the moment the plan is to be able to pay thebusual monthly amount ongoing. In December she is paying an additional £650 towards the arrears unasked for and will do the same again in January. Then on Feb/March to clear as much as she can. However from the figures I mentioned above would £100 or £130 per month towards the arrears

Seem reasonable. I don't think they want to add it to the term

And would rather clear it over the next year or two.

But are those figures reasonable ?

Just to clarify they aren't looking to offer the £500pm. There is £500 per month available left after food and bills. We are looking to work out what would be a reasonable offer to make to clear the arrears from that.