Sick pay

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2686 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am hoping someone can give me some advice.

A couple of months ago i left my job, worked my notice and started my new job. In the last week of my notice i was off sick for 4 days, my previous company did not pay me for the 4 days and i was told that the company sick was not valid for any employees who had worked for the company less than 2 years. My question is can i claim statutory sick pay? I believe there is a form that can be used.

Yes you can claim SSP, subject to conditions, so you must earn at least £112 per week. SSP is paid at the rate of £88.45 per week and you get nothing for the first three days of sickness. If your former employer has not paid you this, you need to phone HMRC on 03000 200 3500

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!

That is correct - around £18 depending when you reported sickness and whether the sickness occurred over a weekend. This figure would be for example where you reported sick on a Monday and returned to work on a Friday

There is a calculator here which might help https://www.gov.uk/calculate-statutory-sick-pay

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!