• Tweets

• maybne the courts are waking up to Simple Simon and his shenanigans, and dots are being joined?
    • In their draft application to the court they state that their Letter of Claim listed the proper three invoices.  Is this true, or are they lying?   As for replying to them, hang fire for the moment, see what people who have dealt with this sort of thing before have to say, there may be a way to oppose their application or at least make them pay a hefty sum to the court for granting it.
    • but the other debts are part of this big picture and its eventual solution a rough idea will help.   if if if they ever get another powerless repo/dca involved, they will tell you well in advance.   help us please
    • to do what they are powerless...   you like 10'00'000 of other s jump because a dca says this or that a DCA is not a bailiff and has zero legal powers on any debt no matter what its type.   another one of your issues is following stupid freeman of the land twaddle. very dangerous.don't   moorcroft dont by debts they only act for clients.   as long as you don't run from debt and insure the debt owners or 'the client' has from you a letter which states your correct and current address or you did so to the Original creditor before any sale or your haven't moved since taking 'the credit' out you are safe from backdoor CCJ's to an old address.   sit on your hands and see if the owner of the debt want to issue a letter of claim. if they do  you return here   A CCJ - which is the only tool they have - because just like us joe public, its the only thing we can legally do if we claim someone owes us money - they have no more powers that you or me
    • That is why I (specifically) said "the lender".
  • Our picks

• Hi @BankFodder
      Sorry for only updating you now, but after your guidance with submitting the claim it was pretty straight forward and I didn't want to unnecessarily waste your time. Especially with this guide you wrote here, so many thanks for that
      So I issued the claim on day 15 and they requested more time to respond.
      They took until the last day to respond and denied the claim, unsurprisingly saying my contract was with Packlink and not with them.

I opted for mediation, and it played out very similarly to other people's experiences.

In the first call I outlined my case, and I referred to the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 as the reason to why I do in fact have a contract with them. 

In the second call the mediator came back with an offer of the full amount of the phone and postage £146.93, but not the court costs. I said I was not willing to accept this and the mediator came across as a bit irritated that I would not accept this and said I should be flexible. I insisted that the law was on my side and I was willing to take them to court. The mediator went back to Hermes with what I said.

In the third call the mediator said that they would offer the full amount. However, he said that Hermes still thought that I should have taken the case against Packlink instead, and that they would try to recover the court costs themselves from Packlink.

To be fair to them, if Packlink wasn't based in Spain I would've made the claim against them instead. But since they are overseas and the law lets me take action against Hermes directly, it's the best way of trying to recover the money.

So this is a great win. Thank you so much for your help and all of the resources available on this site. It has helped me so much especially as someone who does not know anything about making money claims.

Many thanks, stay safe and have a good Christmas!

• Thanks
    • Hermes and mediation hints. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/428981-hermes-and-mediation-hints/&do=findComment&comment=5080003
      • 1 reply
    • Natwest Bank Transfer Fraud Call HMRC Please help. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/428951-natwest-bank-transfer-fraud-call-hmrc-please-help/&do=findComment&comment=5079786
      • 31 replies
    • Hermes lost parcel.. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422615-hermes-lost-parcel/
      • 49 replies

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1503 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Can anyone suggest a method of calculating PPI redress for a store card because I have received an offer from the lender which seems very low?

My account was opened in 1988 and repaid in 1995.

I paid approximately £165.00 in PPI premiums,

the bank has offered £520.

Does this sound accurate,

how can I check if it's right?

Thank you.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?330996-Latest-Spreadsheets-PPI-Claims-and-Charges-Claims-Dec-2011&p=4273920#post4273920

See the following, read it fully and use the appropriate spreadsheet for your type of ppi, the sheet,once completed will be a good indicator of where you should be

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

GEMHL Settled

Barclaycard Settled

A & L SETTLED IN FULL :lol:

Spml Reluctantly withdrawn

Blackhorse pre 31-7-06 Demand removal sent 23 8 06. ICO ordered removal jan 2007....REMOVED:lol:

do you know the dates and the amounts of PPI paid?

and what their interest rates at the time were?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thanks for your quick reply. I don't know the individual amounts of PPI just the total quoted by the lender.

They said PPI was charged at 70p per every hundred and the card interest rate was 29%.

, unfortunately I do not have any account statements which are required to calculate using those spreadsheets.

then yo need to request them via an sar

that's the only way you can check

we are not magicians sadly and as you've realised neither are you,/.

one of the pitfalls of starting a PPI reclaim before you have the data.

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I did a SAR before I sent in a PPI complaint form.

the lender said they were unable to find any transactions bar one which showed a PPI premium of £4.20

however, I have a list of all the direct debits to the account and they used this to work out how much PPI I paid .

To any magicians out there, is it possible to calculate an approximate figure from these details?

if you have the monthly payment figure you made on the card for the one they quote £4.20 for

you should be able to work it out for the others.

4.20/full paymentX100=%

that % would be the PPI % of any payments made on the other months.[including the settlement you made]

pop each one into the CISHEET on the date it happened

then pop their interest rate into cell d15.

set the claim to date to the date you settled the card.

that will give you a total

take that total and using a copy of the statint sheet

put it in as a whole figure dated the day after you settled the card

that will then give you the total refund including the 8% stat int you are entitled too.

spreadsheet are in post 2 link.

bottom line is

you are entitled to the PPI back each time you paid it including any interest they charged on it till the day the card was settled.

from that date you are entitled to 8% statutory interest on that figure

as you've been deprived of being able to invest it.

and they

you are entitled to the PPI back each time you paid it including any interest they charged on it till the day the card was settled.

from that date you are entitled to 8% statutory interest on that figure

as you've been deprived of being able to invest it.

Not quite - and just to clarify:

On credit card/ store card PPI, you only get 8% in certain circumstances. As the ombudsman service website says:

"The addition of interest (usually at our normal rate of 8% per year simple) on any credit balance for any periods when the reconstructed account would have been in credit."

Warning: Freemen of the Land Operate here. Think twice before accepting 'legal advice'.

yes we know MM its all in the fosrunning sheet

but it gives a good ballpark figure doing tit this way

and they

in credit.

so to that point with the PPI refunded to that date each month

if it becomes in credit then you get 8% stat int.

if you wanted to use the fosrunning youd need all the statements

they nor you have them

so its to be honest totally immaterial in your case.

and they