Allan1983 v Barclays

allan1983
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6245 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Personally, i think itd be a good laugh to go to Court. I know its not really a laughing matter, but ive got no qualms with standing in front of a judge, and id love to be able to humiliate Barclays. However, the missus is getting jumpy now that the AQ has gone off. The 'what-ifs' are setting in!

One thing she did ask that i couldnt answer though was what happens in the event that it gets to court, and Barclays win?

Are we responsible for their costs then??

Also, could someone more advanced than me let me know roughly how long they waited between sending off their AQ and getting a court date please?

THE STORY SO FAR:

~Asked for my Statements: 2/10/06

~Got them within 14 days (fair play)

~Asked for the money back:18/10/06

~Computer said no!!!! (not all of it anyway)

~Rejected the (crap) offer (£570/£1300): 11/11/06

~Computer said Hell no!!!!

~Barclays said I can go to court if I want (like they've got the balls to go that far!)

~MCOL done 29/11/06

~Barclays acknowledged: 18/12/06

~AQ received, filled out and returned: 4/01/2007

~Court date set for 28/03/2007

Cant help thinking that soon, Barclays might have to have a go with a test case.... Hope they dont choose me!!!!

Small (SORRY) donation given, cos i reckon i might win in the end, and without you guys i would never have started this process!!: 16/11/06

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally, i think itd be a good laugh to go to Court.Really? I know its not really a laughing matter, but ive got no qualms with standing in front of a judge, and id love to be able to humiliate Barclays. Let me know when your hearing is and I'll come along. However, the missus is getting jumpy now that the AQ has gone off At least she's acting normally!. The 'what-ifs' are setting in!

One thing she did ask that i couldnt answer though was what happens in the event that it gets to court, and Barclays win? They won't

Are we responsible for their costs then?? Not under the small claims track unless the Judge thinks your having a laugh!

Also, could someone more advanced than me let me know roughly how long they waited between sending off their AQ and getting a court date please? Mine was about three weeks but it depends on the workload of the Court.

This is a serious matter. Claims have been known to be struck out for various reasons but to date they've not been as a result of a final court hearing. Just keep your head down and nose clean.

Good Luck

To follow my case progress, click here to see where I'm at right now.

Welshman

Ok, maybe my last post seemed a bit cocky.

What i mean is, im not scared of going to court, ive been there before (not as a defendant i might add!) and i feel like i can handle myself in this respact. Ive been cross examined before, and ive dealt with Defence Barristers, so i feel that the Bank cant be more difficult to deal with than that.

I know that the chances of the case getting to court in the first place is unlikely, and maybe this is adding to why i feel confident.

If we arent responsible for barclays costs IF WE SHOULD LOSE, than i dont feel like weve got anything to lose, even if we did have to go to court.

Obviously, once we get the court date, ill attempt to ring Barclays and get them to settle, but what my girlfriend is concerned about is the possibility that they'll tell us to get lost.

Hopefully, this will make more sense with regards to what i mean when i say i think it'll be a laugh. I know this was probably a bad choice of words.

The only other thing i cant decide on now is whether to push for the further fees weve had since the claim was established.

Its another £90, and i dont know whether to tell Barclays that we want this whenever we eventually try to get them to settle.

THE STORY SO FAR:

~Barclays said I can go to court if I want (like they've got the balls to go that far!)

~MCOL done 29/11/06

Cant help thinking that soon, Barclays might have to have a go with a test case.... Hope they dont choose me!!!!

Small (SORRY) donation given, cos i reckon i might win in the end, and without you guys i would never have started this process!!: 16/11/06

Hi Allan. If you want to reclaim that extra £90 then you have to amend the total with the Court which will cost you a non-refundable £35 (not worth it in my opinion). It will also delay your case.

Everyone who tried to get their fresh charges met by the Banks at the same time as settlement were told to start a new claim.

So, my advice is a New Claim I'm afraid.

I'm sorry I came across the way I did but I really had to emphasise the importance of staying focussed and not taking anything for granted. It is known that the banks read these forums - especially this one - so don't give them anything to grasp at - hence my head down nose clean reference in the earlier post.

Good Luck

I too have given evidence in Magistrates, Crown and High Court and, like you, NOT a defendant.

To follow my case progress, click here to see where I'm at right now.

Welshman

Can you guys please take a look at my thread here:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/barclays-bank/30450-fullyskinted-barclays-3.html

I need some comments asaFp if you would be so kind ;)

Thanks in advance.

FS

Barclays :- Settled March 07:o

RBS:- Acct Discharged May 07 :o (chase for more and CRA deletion???):confused:

Barclaycard: - CCA recieved 24/1/07. WOW! :o (GITS!!!) :-|

• 3 weeks later...

Well, its been 3 weeks now since i sent off the (modified LOL) AQ.

Just waiting for a court date now.

Has anyone got any pointers for when i decide to ring Barclays and persuade them to settle?

Ive seen a couple of threads mention 'dont ring straight away, youll look desperate' but whats the consensus?

Also, is there a specific way to handle the call to maximise my chances of a positive result?

Cheers as always guys.

THE STORY SO FAR:

~MCOL done 29/11/06

Im not gonna call them til the week before the court date I think. Maybe the two weeks before.... Ill see ;)

Barclays :- Settled March 07:o

RBS:- Acct Discharged May 07 :o (chase for more and CRA deletion???):confused:

Barclaycard: - CCA recieved 24/1/07. WOW! :o (GITS!!!) :-|

yes I agree, a good time to call would be when they fail to deliver their bundle to you by the allotted date, which is normally 14 days before the hearing. seems hard to wait when you want the money now but atleast its earning interest. and make sure they pay that interest, as they will try to ignore it.

Hmmm, well i hope i get a date that isnt too far in the future then...

I could really do with some cash now!!! (Bloomin' Christmas...:rolleyes: )

THE STORY SO FAR:

~MCOL done 29/11/06

Hmmm, well i hope i get a date that isnt too far in the future then...

I could really do with some cash now!!! (Bloomin' Christmas...:rolleyes: )

My claim against Barclays was served in July and my court date was to have been in February, so don't hold your breath.

Don't let the fatherless chillen get ya! :grin:

Barclays - settled in full £4799.38 ;)

Ah well, that doesnt fill me with confidence!!

Ill keep posting here as and when.

THE STORY SO FAR:

~MCOL done 29/11/06

• 2 weeks later...

Well, because its now been more than a couple of weeks, i decided to ring the courts to see if they had a court date for us.

Apparently 'theres a backlog with these cases' (dont have to tell me!!) but our court date is set for

28.3.2007!!!!!

Thought we'd be waiting months for this, but its only 6 weeks away!!

Dont know how long i want to wait before i ring Barclays, bearing in mind the VERY interesting conversation Exocetjim had with the person he rang?

(Linky here in case anyone wants to see what i mean http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/barclays-bank/65808-barclays-will-not-settle.html)

If i was to ring, and get a response like this, what would be the likely outcome should i record the conversation? Obviously such a tape would no doubt cause some unrest with the Judge?

I guess having a card like this to play would very much hasten Barclays decision to settle?

Interested to see any feedback to this.:)

THE STORY SO FAR:

~MCOL done 29/11/06

Firstly.... BUMP.

Im going to ring tomorrow, see how i go. the worst that can happen is they say no.... for now.

Ive got a number, which is 0207 1165634.

Is this the right one?

Also, is there someone specific to ask for??

THE STORY SO FAR:

~MCOL done 29/11/06

Guest Mumofthreeboys

I have just claimed from Barclays and I know a lot of others that have too. It seems that Barclays will not even entertain the idea of settling until literally just before your court date. I was paid the day before court.

So my advice would be to sit tight for a bit and wait it out.

Would it likely do any harm to try though?

I dont want to cock anything up if i do try ringing...

THE STORY SO FAR:

~MCOL done 29/11/06

Phoned Barclays, left message on answerphone. Got a call back. 'says I wonder if you would like o settle before I file monday?' Sarah Jane says 'yes we can increase the amount' 'I would like the full amount' 'you would have to take it futher' Thank yous all round...

I have always wanted to sue somebody. Now I am going to find out what it is like. My grandfather was a lawyer and I have always wondered if it is something I could do.

Wish me luck. N1 on Monday.. I think I prefer that to MCOL.

:lol:

Well, we got the paperwork today.

Weve got a 10 minute 'Small Claim Hearing' and 'In order to utilise judicial time more effectively this small claim has been listed with a number of similar cases'

I know people dont seem to think ill get anywhere, but im going to ring today, see if i can get someone with That Friday Feeling!

Wish me luck! Ill post back with the outcome.

THE STORY SO FAR:

~MCOL done 29/11/06

Good luck allan1983. Watching your thread with interest. Phone 020 7116 5634. I got a guy called Paul Quinn who took my claim details and said Anthony Lombardi was dealing with it. Anthony phoned me back literally within 1 minute to tell me that the money would be paid direct to the bailiffs within 24 hours. Be back later to check your thread.

Bit of a non-started TBH:rolleyes:

Rang the number, and got through to Paul Quinn. However, as the account's in my missus' name, he REALLY didnt want to speak to me. Apparently, she has to either write a letter, or Email confirming that she gives me permission to discuss her claim. She cant confirm this over the phone though???? The Email addy by the way has to contain her full name!?

One thing i did take an interest in though was the fact that he asked me when our court date was (i didnt tell him we had one) and when i said 28th March, he said 'we dont normally discuss things until closer to the hearing'

Going to get a letter done, and fax it to them on Monday, then try again.

Sorry its not better news yet!!

THE STORY SO FAR:

~MCOL done 29/11/06

• 2 weeks later...

When sending the fabled Court Bundle off, whats the best address to send it to as far as Barclays are concerned?

THE STORY SO FAR:

~MCOL done 29/11/06

Oh, and has anyone got the fax number to fax the letter giving me permission to speak on behalf of my other half please?

Preferably one that goes to the same place as the 020 7116 5634 number please?!:)

THE STORY SO FAR:

~MCOL done 29/11/06

Please??

THE STORY SO FAR:

~MCOL done 29/11/06