DWP Big Brother

jasta11
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2689 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

As most here will know, I registered with UJ ages ago but found it utter rubbish so stopped using it. They can't mandate you to use any specific job-search site and there are far better ones I use. Got this email today from our wonderful friends at DWP..

'Our records show that this email address (shown above) is currently registered against an active Universal Jobmatch account.

It’s been a year since you accessed the account and used it to search for jobs. If you would like to keep this account please take a moment to log in. If you do nothing the account will be disabled within 4 weeks.

Sincerely,

Universal Jobmatch helpdesk

Do not reply to this email unless you are directed to do so as we will not be able to respond. Please use the 'Contact us' facility if you have any further issues or to report this email as suspicious. We will never ask you for your password in an email.

© 2013 Department for Work and Pensions (DWP)'

Just confirms what we already knew; they're monitoring how often you log in to UJ. No surpises there then. What's the betting I'll get another email after my UJ account has expired?

I get emails like that pretty often from websites that require registration but which I haven't logged in to in years. It's the server doing housekeeping, that's all. There may be sinister things about UJM - like that fact that it was basically conceived as a sanction machine - but this isn't one of them.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

As most here will know, I registered with UJ ages ago but found it utter rubbish so stopped using it. They can't mandate you to use any specific job-search site and there are far better ones I use. Got this email today from our wonderful friends at DWP..

You have complied with the requirements to register and create a UJM account. It isn't your fault that the server has been programmed to delete unused accounts after a preset time.

Whilst the automated message may smack of Big Brother, I would look upon it as an opportunity to concentrate on more effective web sites. If you ever get asked by a JCP adviser for your UJM account details, you say, with all honesty, that the DWP has deleted it.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.