Parking Eye - Bought ticket, wrong reg

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2527 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Ignoring went out the window in 2012

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

1 Date of the infringement

02/10/16

2 Date on the NTK

04/11/2016

3 Date received

08/11/2016

4 Does the NTK mention schedule 4 of The Protections of Freedoms Act 2012?

It doesn't appear to

5 Is there any photographic evidence of the event?

Yes, in and out of car park

6 Have you appealed?

Not yet

7 Who is the parking company?

Parking Eye

8. Where exactly [carpark name and town]

St Peter's Retail Park Mansfield

9. For either option, does it say which appeals body they operate under.

Unsure, it's on the reverse of the NTK, and she's only sent me the front.

The letter does say "if you were the driver of the vehicle... you have to..."

can you scan up the NTK please to PDF

follow the upload

dx

and they

OK, was this just a demand through the post or was there a ticket slapped on the vehicle before this? Reason I ask is the dates you have put for the infringement.

If that should read 2/11/16 then it will be POFA compliant and she shpuld appeal saying that a ticket was purchased so no material breach of conditions, any claim would be "de minimis" and therefore they should cancel the charge. send a photocopy of the ticket, not the actual one, she will need that later.

This is typical chiselling by the parking co, they know that the claim wont have a real prospect of winning at court because the prescribed fee was paid and no loss caused. It would be possible to sue them to recover the moneis they claim becasue she hadnt got her money's worth from the ticket she actually purchased if they want to play that game.

Edited by honeybee13
Paras.

I'm trying to get the mother-in-law to scan the letters but its a nightmare to be honest.

I'm tempted to just appeal on her behalf if need be.

There's apparently something about only having 28 days to appeal though, is that enforceable?

It should be perfectly obvious to the cretins at Parking Eye that the number entered into the machine closely resembles the photo of the number plate

- ask them to find a picture of a car with the number plate he entered!

they won't be able to do it .

I had the same thing happen to a friends elderly father and when it was pointed out to them that this elderly person had just got the numbers mixed up and could they put their specs on and use common sense, they did (grudgingly) cancel the ticket

Take a photocopy of the ticket she purchased and send it with a copy of their stupid letter and photo so they can see their mistake,

you shouldn't have to explain it but they are eejits so you'll need to enclose a letter of explanation.

Always send by recorded delivery as PE have a habit of saying they didn't receive letters.

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

The appeal will have to be by her, or at least signed by her as keeper unless you want to claim that you were driving at the time and take the matter on yourself..

The matter is "de minimis" as far as the law goes as it was a very small mistake,

no car of ther wrong reg was parked there and no loss caused by this error.

Also it may seem perverse but these is a case for them to answer to for breach of contract as they didnt let her park with the paid for ticket so failed to keep their end of the bargain.

Appeal on the grounds of ticket paid for regardless of reg entered and that previous cases were found for the motorist so a consistency of application means that thi should be cancelled.

If they dont then there is a risk for both parties if it goes further.

I think you're right, JJ. Because it was a rare parking company victory, they're quoting it to everyone whether it's relevant or not.

Scare tactics.

I expect the forum guys will be along later with more specific advice. :)

HB

If I am correct then they should be forced to stop using it in this manner and only be allowed to use it in appropriate cases.

they like to scare the polulation into thinking that this was the be all and end all that allows them to do what they want and ignore the niceties of the law.

Beavis says they dont have to justify every penny they are claiming for a breach of contract whereas before they had to show a schedule of loss and they couldnt because they didnt make a loss in a free car park they didnt own or even manage in the true sense of the word.

• 4 months later...

This one went away by itself by the way (sorry, I'm not getting notifications of new posts any more).

Some scary letters threatening they'd "advised their clients that they could take court action" then they suddenly stopped.

Don't bank on that. ParkingLie do tend to do court at some point. It might lay dormant for a while, but watch out for anything else in the future.

It'd be best to keep everything that you've had so far in one place, filed away safe, so that you can refresh your memory should the need arise.

Please note that my posts are my opinion only and should not be taken as any kind of legal advice.
In fact, they're probably just waffling and can be quite safely and completely ignored as you wish.