• Tweets

• And with 33% equity nobody will care either.
    • 3 threads merged please keep to one thread.   forget the calendar section of a credit - no-one bar the original creditor and the person can see that   its the summary status line the any potential lender will only see.   so as it stands, she as 1 or 2 in the calendar section which, correctly shows she was either late with the required payment for that month or short paid what should have been.   although these will effect here potential 'score'. as said above only the lender and her can see them
    • I haven't had a chance to read through his contract yet but he is insisting that it says of he leaves his position within 2 years he will have to pay back his course fees. I will read it properly though and get back to you  Thanks for your help so far 
    • Hi all,   New to the forum, so please feel free to move the topic if needed.   I need a little help with a used car: I bought an 04 BMW from a dealer about 2.5 weeks ago. It cost £1,600. I gave it a test drive and it seemed pretty decent so paid via bank transfer and took it home. The issue started when I took it on a national speed limit road as the car started to sway on the road. I reported this to the dealer and he agreed to fix the issue. He took it to his mechanic who informed him that it was the drivers side hub. They didn't have time to fit it so gave me the part and the option to use a local mechanic. The mechanic agreed it would be causing the sway, charged me £80, which the dealer refunded to me.  The car was improved but we went on a short break over the last few days and I drove the car about 35 miles away. The issue now is there is a rumbling sound, noticeable on motorways and it doesn't feel particularly safe, especially over deviations in the road. As the swaying was the main issue I can't say if that rumbling was there to begin with.   The dealer has been fair to me so far in refunding me the money but he did admit he only test drove the car and it wasn't checked over fully when I took it back the first time. My mechanic said the play on hub was so bad it should never have been sold in that condition. I have messaged the dealer this evening explaining the issue but he has been a bit defensive saying the car does not have a warranty and he has already spent money on repairing it. He will need to speak to his manager and get back to me. To be fair to him he has attempted to repair it but for me he should never have sold it without it being mechanically checked over.  What do people make of this? What are my options if he won't budge and I need to take it further. I would like a refund rather than another repair as I feel I have been pretty patient so far. At the moment I have a car that isn't safe and I can't afford to take a £1,600 hit in my pocket.   Many thanks,   Mark.  
    • I have threads elsewhere re a repayment plan (6 months) with Barclays Mortgages during a maternity leave. Arrears now paid, trying to re-mortgage but with great difficulty. Not really advised of dire consequences of this decision, trying to get SAR info but no luck with telephone recordings as yet. Complaint handler appear sympathetic but who knows to what extent. Looked at Which website and they mentioned a Goodwill Adjustment letter which I have never heard of. Intention of this thread was to see if anybody had used this to remove bad markers from their credit files.
  • Our picks

• Curry’s cancelled my order but took the money anyway. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/423055-curry%E2%80%99s-cancelled-my-order-but-took-the-money-anyway/
      • 11 replies
    • Father passed away - Ardent Credit Services (Vodafone) now claiming he owes money. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/423040-father-passed-away-ardent-credit-services-vodafone-now-claiming-he-owes-money/
      • 9 replies
    • Currys Refuse Refund F/Freezer 5day old. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422656-currys-refuse-refund-ffreezer-5day-old/
      • 6 replies
    • Hi,  
      I was in Sainsbury’s today and did scan and shop.
      I arrived in after a busy day at work and immediately got distracted by the clothes.

I put a few things in my trolley and then did a shop.
      I paid and was about to get into my car when the security guard stopped me and asked me to come back in.

I did and they took me upstairs.
      I was mortified and said I forgot to scan the clothes and a conditioner, 5 items.
      I know its unacceptable but I was distracted and Initially hadn’t really planned to use scan and shop.

No excuse.
      I offered to pay for the goods but the manager said it was too late.
      He looked at the CCTV and because I didn’t try to scan the items he was phoning the police.

The cost of the items was about £40.
      I was crying at this point and told them I was a nurse, just coming from work and I could get struck off.

They rang the police anyway and they came and issued me with a community resolution notice, which goes off my record in a year.
      I feel terrible. I have to declare this to my employer and NMC.

They kept me in a room on my own with 4 staff and have banned me from all stores.
      The police said if I didn’t do the community order I would go to court and they would refer me to the PPS.

I’m so stressed,
      can u appeal this or should I just accept it?

Thanks for reading 
      • 16 replies
callencroft

New Generation Parking Management: Prospect Place Cardiff.

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1339 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi, I have just found and registered onto this site because of the proceeding thread regarding New Generation Parking Management Ltd.

I have just received a "parking charge notice" (PCN) for parking in a visitors bay without a visitors permit. The permits are for a 24 hour period with no return in 48 hours.

As I was contracted to work in one of the flats over several days for the flat owner this was no use. The flat owner's parking bay was occupied so I checked with the concierge and was told to display a notice in my cars windscreen stating where I was working, flat number/name etc, and this would be ok.

The PCN had four photographs of my car, two clearly showing the notice of where I was working. There was no date or time indicated on the photographs, the pictures probably taken with a hand held camera. I have appealed in writing stating my case as above.

I have worked at this flat since February, using the sign, on probably half a dozen occasions without any problem. I am particularly interested in the previous answers regarding the signage being incorrect.

Any comments would be very much appreciated.

Edited by honeybee13
Paras

Hi, I have just found and registered onto this site.

I have just received a "parking charge notice" (PCN) from New Generation Parking Management (NGPM). for parking in a visitors bay at Prospect Place Cardiff, a residential area of flats, without a visitors permit.

The permits are for a 24 hour period with no return in 48 hours.

As I was contracted to work in one of the flats over several days for the flat owner this was no use.

The flat owner's parking bay was occupied so I checked with the concierge and was told to display a notice in my cars windscreen stating where I was working, flat number/name etc, and this would be ok.

The PCN had four photographs of my car, two clearly showing the notice of where I was working.

There was no date or time indicated on the photographs, the pictures probably taken with a hand held camera.

I have appealed in writing stating my case as above.

I have worked at this flat since February, using the sign, on probably half a dozen occasions without any problem.

I am particularly interested in the previous answers regarding the signage being incorrect.

Any comments would be very much appreciated.

An earlier thread regarding Prospect Place and NGPM suggested that their signage was incorrect, comments please.

Is that the NTK you received?

Can you photograph the signage in the car park?

And scan and upload what you have received regarding this? Ensure you redact any identifiers, VRN, ref numbers, etc.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Thanks to bazookaboo and ericsbrother for your comments.

There are pictures of the signage on a previous thread.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?471775-New-Generation-Parking-Management-PCN-Prospect-Place-Cardiff-CF11-0AS&p=4975916#post4975916

I have just had a parking charge notice PCN to which I have appealed, perhaps too quickly!

The guy that suggested I use a notice in the car has, I'm afraid, left his job, it was back in February.

Eh? He left his job in February or you got the ticket in February?

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Eh? He left his job in February or you got the ticket in February?

Hi, the guy left sometime after February, which is when I asked about parking for several days and was given the advice to put a sign in the windscreen.

I have parked and used the sign for several times each month since then without any problem

until late November when the PCN was posted to me.

I have based my appeal on it being unreasonable and had been applied unfairly given that I could have been contacted easily if there was a problem.

The parking co will reject your appeal but that doent mean you dont have a reason for parking that doesnt involve the charging you for doing so.

As you were told that you could park and had done so on numerous occasions there is the matter fo preformance of a contract.

Put simply if you do something often enough and no-one tells you that you cant you get the right to by custom and practice-

they havent been performing their bit of the contract before so cant suddenly do so now.

You had the necessary permission to be there anyway.

lastly,

are you a sole trader or limited company?

If the latter then they have a problems they cant name you and the company didnt park the van!

Hi and thanks for your message.

Your information is very useful as I had been thinking about using "having set a precedent" when I appeal to NGPM's Independent Appeals Service.

I am aware that very few appeals to NGPM are successful!

I am a retired "handyman" mainly decorating, which I had been doing at the Prospect Place flat.

It earns me a little money and more importantly keeps me active!

Keep it as simple as possible at the moment,

you will need to keep some of your argumants back as they are going to reject the appeal anyway

so dont be telling them everything you know or they will change their story to try and beat you.

I would say that you were given permission by the land management company to park there and that premission is superior to their contract and hence claim.

If it gets to threats of court you will need to let them know why they are being stupid/unreasonable in more detail but keep it to one pint at the moment

Good advice and thanks once again. Will let you know how it goes.

To "ericsbrother".

In a previous thread you said the parking signs at Prospect Place Cardiff shown were not legal as the "ATA's" weren't correct.

Can you explain that please as I've learnt that the Independent Appeals Service will only consider an appeal if there is something illegal with the Parking Charge Notice or the signage.

In other words they will not even look at "mitigating circumstances"!

IAS will almost always ignore any appeal anyway, you might aswell tell them that you're appealing because the moon is made of cheese!

The POFA states that the parking co has to display the emblem of the ATA it belongs to and when you get a NTK it will tell you that there is an appeals service.

As they are quoting the wrong ATA on their sign you cant then appeal to the ATA as they dont actually belong to it.

This means that if you lose your soft appeal to the parking co and then dont decide to pay up they will have a hell of a job to get a result in a court as you havent been given the opportunity to use the Alternative Disputes Resolution body they theoretically advertise so a judge can throw out a claim and rewturn it back for the ADR to consider.

In reality this menas that the parking co are just plain sloppy and will screw up on other matters anyway.

I do not think you should appeal to the IPC when NGPM reject your appeal as it isnt the right body according to their unlawful signage