New Generation Parking Management: Prospect Place Cardiff.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2695 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I have just found and registered onto this site because of the proceeding thread regarding New Generation Parking Management Ltd.

I have just received a "parking charge notice" (PCN) for parking in a visitors bay without a visitors permit. The permits are for a 24 hour period with no return in 48 hours.

As I was contracted to work in one of the flats over several days for the flat owner this was no use. The flat owner's parking bay was occupied so I checked with the concierge and was told to display a notice in my cars windscreen stating where I was working, flat number/name etc, and this would be ok.

The PCN had four photographs of my car, two clearly showing the notice of where I was working. There was no date or time indicated on the photographs, the pictures probably taken with a hand held camera. I have appealed in writing stating my case as above.

I have worked at this flat since February, using the sign, on probably half a dozen occasions without any problem. I am particularly interested in the previous answers regarding the signage being incorrect.

Any comments would be very much appreciated.

Edited by honeybee13
Paras

Hi, I have just found and registered onto this site.

I have just received a "parking charge notice" (PCN) from New Generation Parking Management (NGPM). for parking in a visitors bay at Prospect Place Cardiff, a residential area of flats, without a visitors permit.

The permits are for a 24 hour period with no return in 48 hours.

As I was contracted to work in one of the flats over several days for the flat owner this was no use.

The flat owner's parking bay was occupied so I checked with the concierge and was told to display a notice in my cars windscreen stating where I was working, flat number/name etc, and this would be ok.

The PCN had four photographs of my car, two clearly showing the notice of where I was working.

There was no date or time indicated on the photographs, the pictures probably taken with a hand held camera.

I have appealed in writing stating my case as above.

I have worked at this flat since February, using the sign, on probably half a dozen occasions without any problem.

I am particularly interested in the previous answers regarding the signage being incorrect.

Any comments would be very much appreciated.

An earlier thread regarding Prospect Place and NGPM suggested that their signage was incorrect, comments please.

Is that the NTK you received?

Can you photograph the signage in the car park?

And scan and upload what you have received regarding this? Ensure you redact any identifiers, VRN, ref numbers, etc.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Thanks to bazookaboo and ericsbrother for your comments.

There are pictures of the signage on a previous thread.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?471775-New-Generation-Parking-Management-PCN-Prospect-Place-Cardiff-CF11-0AS&p=4975916#post4975916

I have just had a parking charge notice PCN to which I have appealed, perhaps too quickly!

The guy that suggested I use a notice in the car has, I'm afraid, left his job, it was back in February.

Eh? He left his job in February or you got the ticket in February?

Hi, the guy left sometime after February, which is when I asked about parking for several days and was given the advice to put a sign in the windscreen.

I have parked and used the sign for several times each month since then without any problem

until late November when the PCN was posted to me.

I have based my appeal on it being unreasonable and had been applied unfairly given that I could have been contacted easily if there was a problem.

The parking co will reject your appeal but that doent mean you dont have a reason for parking that doesnt involve the charging you for doing so.

As you were told that you could park and had done so on numerous occasions there is the matter fo preformance of a contract.

Put simply if you do something often enough and no-one tells you that you cant you get the right to by custom and practice-

they havent been performing their bit of the contract before so cant suddenly do so now.

You had the necessary permission to be there anyway.

lastly,

are you a sole trader or limited company?

If the latter then they have a problems they cant name you and the company didnt park the van!

Hi and thanks for your message.

Your information is very useful as I had been thinking about using "having set a precedent" when I appeal to NGPM's Independent Appeals Service.

I am aware that very few appeals to NGPM are successful!

I am a retired "handyman" mainly decorating, which I had been doing at the Prospect Place flat.

It earns me a little money and more importantly keeps me active!

Keep it as simple as possible at the moment,

you will need to keep some of your argumants back as they are going to reject the appeal anyway

so dont be telling them everything you know or they will change their story to try and beat you.

I would say that you were given permission by the land management company to park there and that premission is superior to their contract and hence claim.

If it gets to threats of court you will need to let them know why they are being stupid/unreasonable in more detail but keep it to one pint at the moment

To "ericsbrother".

In a previous thread you said the parking signs at Prospect Place Cardiff shown were not legal as the "ATA's" weren't correct.

Can you explain that please as I've learnt that the Independent Appeals Service will only consider an appeal if there is something illegal with the Parking Charge Notice or the signage.

In other words they will not even look at "mitigating circumstances"!

IAS will almost always ignore any appeal anyway, you might aswell tell them that you're appealing because the moon is made of cheese!

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

The POFA states that the parking co has to display the emblem of the ATA it belongs to and when you get a NTK it will tell you that there is an appeals service.

As they are quoting the wrong ATA on their sign you cant then appeal to the ATA as they dont actually belong to it.

This means that if you lose your soft appeal to the parking co and then dont decide to pay up they will have a hell of a job to get a result in a court as you havent been given the opportunity to use the Alternative Disputes Resolution body they theoretically advertise so a judge can throw out a claim and rewturn it back for the ADR to consider.

In reality this menas that the parking co are just plain sloppy and will screw up on other matters anyway.

I do not think you should appeal to the IPC when NGPM reject your appeal as it isnt the right body according to their unlawful signage