UKPE/Gladstones claimform - ANPR PCN Aviator Way Manchester **DISCONTINUED**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2366 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hiya guys,

Missus had parking ticket in June this year and did nowt with it.

Now has a letter which says Final Letter Before Action from UKPE

saying they require £100 for breach of contract.

I have dug out what she got but cannot scan and post it.

offence 24-6-16-

Notice to keeper dated 14-7-16 received on 17-7-16...

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

JACKIE PARKING UKPE.jpg

:lol::lol::lol:

Says will as well

Never heard of 'em

But I assume its part of the airport complex?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi,

So offence 24-6-16- Was this a windscreen ticket or a camera capture. I suspect a camera capture.

Notice to keeper dated 14-7-16 received on 17-7-16... IF it was camera capture, the Notice to Keeper should have arrived by the 8th or 9th July.

The NTK is late so has no power.

IF it was a windscreen ticket, the NTK is too early rendering it useless too.

Can you elaborate which it was.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

I have been doing some checks.

At the bottom of the letter posted above, there appears an IPC logo.

I have checked the IPC list of approved members and I can't find them there. They have been around for two years so I would assume they should be there. I also checked the BPA website to see if they were with them prior to joining the IPC and no luck there either.

I also went and looked on the BMPA website that has a list of all the parking companies and they are not there either.

They do exist on Companies house.

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/09005769

It is run by a one man band and on his CH profile, it comes up as a dormant company (NON TRADING) this should mean that his company shouldn't be issuing tickets at all.

Finally, having travelled the entire length of Aviator Way (via Google Street View) there are no signs whatsoever. Luckily, this area was updated on Google in June this year. This suggests to me that they are not a legitimate company.

As such, I can see no reason to worry about them. The only time to be concerned is if they issue court papers. Big if as it appears they have no legal standing.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

glad I wasn't the only one to find it hard to get details

didn't sound right to me from first investigation either.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I love the way the website states they will charge £70 per letter for any other correspondence they have to enter into...

and they

It is likely that they are actually UK Parking Management but using a different name. Just off to check

EDIT: It is. It has the same director, same address however this company is active. The other company is dormant so any court action naming UKPE as the claimant should (IMO) negate any claim.

As for court claims. 1 this year. says it all really

is the letter from the parking cowboys or a rentathreat DCA or solicitor?

They havent followed the protocols of the POFA to create a keeper liability so dont do anything for the moment and tell us EXACTLY who the letter is from and EXACTLY what it says, dont edit it or use your own wording, only what they say.

The advice may be to ignore them but it may be to send them a "get lost" letter,

we will say which is the better when we know the above

the letter is attached to post 1 EB.

dx

and they

wasnt visible when I posted.

The point that the protocols of the POFA havent been followed but it is not clear what letters or tickets were issuded previously, the dates given mean that they are sunk either way.

As they cant rely on the POFA

their reasons for getting the keeper details are going to be difficult for them to defend should you want to make a complaint to the DVLA.

The DVLA are bored of people complaining about parking co's getting up to no good

so just send out a stock response and hope that you dont bother them any more.

This doenst make their response correct but it leaves you swimming in porridge to get any further.

What to do?

Well, they obviously hope that you are going to pay up and I would bet they will either pass it over to a debt collector to try again or they will toss a coin regarding the risk of suing you and possibly losing money for their foolishness versus the possibility you will ignore that and they win by default (85% of people dont respond to court claims so the numbers are on their side).

If they are not IPC members or werent at the time then they have problems with using a false instrument to gain a pecuniary advantage.

The police will never be interested in thsi but it will mean that a civil court will look at that and think if they tell lies about that what else are they being dishonest about.

Hi,

So offence 24-6-16- Was this a windscreen ticket or a camera capture. I suspect a camera capture.

Notice to keeper dated 14-7-16 received on 17-7-16... IF it was camera capture, the Notice to Keeper should have arrived by the 8th or 9th July.

The NTK is late so has no power.

IF it was a windscreen ticket, the NTK is too early rendering it useless too.

Can you elaborate which it was.

It was a camera capture.

I suggest that you wait and see who contacts you next.

Keep whatever paperwork you have left safe for at least a year,

these bandits do like to resurrect old claims when they think you have binned all of the documents that show they are not compliant and some have been know to reprint stuff a couple of years later to suit the occasion rather than showing what occurred (CEL do that a lot).

I suggest that you wait and see who contacts you next. Keep whatever paperwork you have left safe for at least a year, these bandits do like to resurrect old claims when they think you have binned all of the documents that show they are not compliant and some have been know to reprint stuff a couple of years later to suit the occasion rather than showing what occurred (CEL do that a lot).

Better kept for a lot longer than that. we have seen where other CAGgers are being chased for parking charges from as far back as 2011. I suggest 6 years be the minimum.

• 1 month later...

Update!

Just received a letter from Gladstones Solicitors with header LETTER BEFORE CLAIM saying they have been instructed to commence legal action against you to recover amount due of£150

The name and address is correct on the letter but the registration number is wrong.

Any suggestions please my friends?

Well, the extra £50 can't be claimed for, The Notice to Keeper is faulty. Gladstones will try to assume the keeper is also the driver and your wife will be under no obligation to name the driver.

I know others will say differently but I would be writing to them stating that if a court claim is issued, it will be fully defended and point out that the Notice to Keeper is deficient (without going into detail why). Make no mention of the wrong reg. As part of the Pre Action Protocols, you would expect them to furnish you with all documents they intend to rely on and any late submission to the courts will be objected to.

So, proof of contract with the landowner with UKPE

Proof that the signage is compliant.

EB is better than me at getting these things done.

I did a further check on Google Maps and the 'offence' isn't actually on Aviation Way but one of the businesses there. The Only one I can spot is Regus who let office space and they have UKPE signs there but they are too far away to see. If you live near to the location it would help your case to get some pictures of the signs.

I would send back a very short letter saying that "their client has no cause for action as this is not my vehicle and never has been. Any action taken by them will result in a counterclaim for damages due to the breach of the DPA regarding unlawful processing of my personal data"

never email.

They now have a method of harassing you for free.

Always a letter.

If you had read any number of other threads this point is made clear. NO TELEPHONES NO EMAIL

If they do respond block their email addy so it bounces back as blocked.

That way they will have to write a proper letter and they often get that wrong

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys,

Response from Gladstones with correct vehicle registration number on, exact same letter as previous but with correct number on.

They want 3150 in next 14 days, alternatively provide acknowledgement of letter and full written response of the full account of the circumstances to these charges being imposed, say should include who driver was at time of incident and address of driver.

Unless above is received they are instructed to start proceedings without any further notice in order to recover the amounts due and costs associated with recovery of them.

No signature or name of author of letter just yours Sincerley Gladstones Solicitors.

Grateful for any advice please.

Many Thanks

they will have a bit of explaining to do regarding the wrong reg but the main point is they have failed to create a keeper liability as the NTK was sent out too late. They will claim that they dont rely on the POFA and they have mystic powers that tells them they are right on every occasion.

Get on to the DVLA and find out when your keeper details were accessed. This should do for a claim.

there is little point,

whatever you say is not going to make any difference.

If you want to you can tell them that there is no keeper liability in this matter as they well know and they should tell their clients to be prepared for a counterclaim if they decide to pursue this through the courts

If you do write to Gladdys, dont be polite,

they have done nothing to merit it

and the more forceful you are the less likely their client will instruct them to lose them some more money

• 3 months later...

Hi all,

Update to this is LBA received from Gladstone Solicitors on 10/1-17 stating wrong registration number, letter sent back stating that this vehicle not known.

Another letter before action sent on 25/1/17 with right registered number on, letter sent back saying

'Hello,

There is no keeper liability in this matter as you well know, you should tell your clients to be prepared for a counterclaim if they decide to pursue this through the courts.

I suggest you direct any future correspondence to the driver of the vehicle.

Date of alleged offence 24-06-16, received notice to keeper on 17-07-17 dated sent as 14-07-17.

Now received County Court Claim form for total of £235.17.

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Hello there. I've altered your thread title to show you've had a claim form. Could you post up the information requested in the forum stikky please? It will help the guys to advise you.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?465231-Received-a-Court-Claim-From-A-Private-parking-Speculative-invoice-How-To-Deal-With-It-HERE***Updated-Aug-2016***

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum