• Tweets

• This is the other sign  parking sign 1a.pdf
    • 4 means that they need to name and then tell the people who will be affected that there has been an application made, what the application relates to (specificially "whether it relates to the exercise of the court’s jurisdiction in relation to P’s property and affairs, or P’s personal welfare, or to both) and what this application contains (i.e what order they want made as a result of it) 5 just means that teh court think it is important that the relevant people are notified 7 means that the court need more information to make the application, hence they have then made the order of paragraph 1 which requires the applicant to do more - this means the court can't make a decision with the current information, and need more, hence paragraph one of the order is for the applicant to do more. paragraph 3 of the order gives you the ability to have it set aside, although if it was made in january you are very late. Were you notiifed of the application or not?    
    • These are the photos of the signs. At the entrance there is a 7h free sign. On some bays there is a permit sign.  Also their official website is misleading as it implies all parking is free.  I can't be certain of the exact parking bay I was in that day, and there was no PCN ticket on my car and no other evidence was provided.  parking sign 2.pdf
    • Hi, In my last post I mentioned I had received an email from SS who were asking me to hand over the keys to my mother’s flat so they could pass them to the Law firm who have been appointed court of protection to access, secure and insure my mother’s property.  Feeling this, all quickly getting out of my hands I emailed ss requesting proof of this. I HAVEN’T HEARD BACK FROM SS.  Yesterday, I received an email (with attached court of protection order) from the Law Firm confirming this was correct (please see below a copy of this).  After reading the court of protection order I do have some concerns about it:   (a)   I only found out yesterday, the Law firm had been appointed by the court back in January.  Up until now, I have not received any notification regarding this.  (b)   Section 2   - States I am estranged from my mother.  This is NOT CORRECT    The only reason I stepped back from my mother was to protect myself from the guy (groomer) who had befriended her & was very aggressive towards me & because of my mother’s dementia she had become aggressive also.  I constantly tried to warned SS about this guy's manipulative behaviour towards my mother and his increasing aggressiveness towards me (as mentioned in previous posts).  Each time I was ignored.  Instead, SS encouraged his involvement with my mother – including him in her care plans and mental health assessments.   I was literally pushed out because I feared him and my mother’s increasing aggression towards me. Up until I stepped back, I had always looked after my mother and since her admission to the care home, I visit regularly.   .(c)    Sections -  4, 5 and 7  I am struggling to understand these as I don’t have a legal background.  I was wondering if there is anyone who might be able to explain what they mean.  It’s been a horrendous situation where I had to walk away from my mother at her most vulnerable because of; ss (not helping), scammer and groomer. I have no legal background, nor experience in highly manipulative people or an understanding of how the SS system operates, finding myself isolated, scared and powerless to the point I haven’t collected my personal belongings and items for my mother’s room in the care home.  Sadly, the court has only had heard one version of this story SS’s, and based their decision on that. My mother’s situation and the experience I have gone through could happen to anyone who has a vulnerable parent.    If anyone any thoughts on this much appreciated.  Thank you. ______________________________________________________  (Below is the Court of Protection Order)  COURT OF PROTECTION                                                                                                                                                                                   No xxx  MENTAL CAPACITY ACT 2005 In the matter of Name xxx ORDER Made by  Depty District Judge At xxx Made on xxx Issued on 18 January 2024  WHEREAS  1.     xxx Solicitors, Address xxx  ("Applicant”) has applied for an order under the Mental Capacity Act 2005.  2.     The Court notes (my mother) is said to be estranged from all her three children and only one, (me) has been notified.  3.     (Me) was previously appointed as Atorney for Property and Affairs for (my mother).  The Exhibity NAJ at (date) refers to (me) and all replacement Attorneys are now officially standing down.  4.     Pursuant to Rule 9.10 of the Court of Protection Rules 2017 and Practice Direction 9B the Applicant 2must seek to identify at least three persons who are likely to have an interest in being notified that an application has been issues.”  The children of (my mother), and any other appointed attorneys are likely to have an interest in the application, because of the nature of relationship to (my mother).  5.     The Court considers that the notification requirements are an important safeguard for the person in respect of whom an order is sought.  6.     The Court notes that it is said that the local authority no longer has access to (my mother’s) Property.  7.     Further information is required for the Court to determine the application.  IT IS ORDERED THAT  Within 28 days of the issue date this order, the Applicant shall file a form COP24 witness statement confirming that the other children of (my mother) and any replacement attorneys have been notified of the application and shall confirm their name, address, and date upon which those persons were notified.  If the Applicant wishes the Court to dispense with any further notification, they should file a COP9 and COP24 explaining, what steps (if any) have been taken to attempt notification and why notification should be dispensed with.   Pending the determination of the application to appoint a deputy for (my mother), the Applicant is authorised to take such steps as are proportionate and necessary to access, secure and insure the house and property of (my mother).   This order was made without a hearing and without notice.  Any person affected by this order may apply within 21 days of the date on which the order was served to have the order set aside or varied pursuant to Rule 13.4 of the Court of Protection Rules 2017 (“the Rules”).  Such application must be made on Form COP9 and in accordance with Part 10 Rules.              
    • Unless I've got an incorrect copy of the relevant regulation: The PCN is only deemed to have arrived two days after dispatch "unless the contrary is proved" in which case date of delivery does matter (not just date of posting) and I would like clarification of the required standard of proof. It seems perhaps this hasn't been tested. Since post is now barcoded for the Post Office's own tracking purposes perhaps there is some way I can get that evidence from the Post Office...
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Wright Hassall claim letter re:TPS PCN Heritage Retail Park Crewe - ignored till now

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2686 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Missus parked in a private car park back in July,

received a number of 'Parking Charge Notice' letters from TPS (Total Parking Solutions) over the following few weeks,

then another company (cannot remember who they passed it to),

and now Wright Hassall Solictors who've sent me a 'Formal Letter of Claim' on the basis of a debt owed and 14 days to pay to avoid CCJ's, court judgements etc.

I had assumed (rightly or wrongly) that private parking tickets are still unenforceable in the majority of cases, and just to ignore. Should I at this point be concerned?

IMG_3991.jpg

doesn't say will anywhere.

wasn't the right thing to ignore

but this far down the line might be better to keep that up

unless you send the one line denial letter we are currently advising BW/VCS/EXCEL customers to send.

but that's is not a letter before action .

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

it is a contractual matter and contract can be enforced.

The problem for most parking co's is that they arent in a position to offer you a contract or their signage doesnt create one so to answer your question properly we will need to know all about the event and what paperwork you received and when.

To be honest, I've always been advised to ignore the notices, so unless something has changed recently?

I've had two letters from TPS,

one dated 27/07/2016 for contravention date 22/07/2016 and

another sometime in August, but sadly I cannot find that copy right now.

TPS letter was a Parking Charge Notice.

I've then had two letters from Wright Hassall, dated 11/11/2016 and 28/11/2016 (the one attached).

The first mentions having been instructed by ZZPS Limited, acting on behalf of TOTAL PARKING SOLUTIONS Limited in connection with the recovery of a debt, requiring payment within 14 days otherwise they may recommend to their client passing this matter over to the litigation department, with a view to obtaining a CCJ.

The second letter, per above, is a formal letter of claim.

Is this generally how far these companies go, or has this got to the point that I need to respond?

Right hassle are solicitors who are used by the parking co's to chase people and they do sue when instructed to.

We need to see the original notices and any ticket slapped on your vehicle to determine what liability may exist.

You will need to respond but before you do you had better think of a reason as to why the charge isnt due other than you have been advised by persons unknown to just ignore them.

We will need images of the entrance to the parking place from the public highway,

images of the signage and sight of the NTK to be able to tell you how to respond.

they have 6 years to take you to court so binning the paperwork of anything that is not done and dusted is never a good idea,

they often come back a year later and take people to court knowing that all the paperwork that shows they are in the wrong has been binned and hiope that people are too unawares to ask for it beofre they get to court

ignore went out the windows in 2012!!

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

So what changed that allows privately operated parking firms to start taking legal action to recover the debt?

It use to be the case that action was very rare, and almost always thrown out.

Has that changed?

The original notice shows the car, front and back, the registration, all the right details, times etc, and I believe that the signage in place is correct; my missus just overstayed her welcome (and has before, but haven't had letters from a solicitor before).

On the basis that the parking company are right, should I just pay the debt to get rid of them?

At this stage, do they usually take action?

At what point would there be damage to my credit rating, or require attendance in court?

The Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 (PoFA) happened, that's what changed! It outlawed the clampers, but they mutated and crawled back out of the primordial soup in this new guise!

Incidentally, it isn't a debt as such, it is compensation for breach of contract. The people who a PPC set on you to scare you into paying may be debt collectors, but they have no rights whatsoever in this scenario.

As some of the experienced guys have already said, there is usually some element of the strict procedure required by law that they have failed to comply with, and should be able to get you off. It may well involve an appearance in county court at some point down the line, but that is not something to be particularly scared of.

You may end up having to pay the original charge (if you lose), but it won't be much more than that. You only get a CCJ if you fail to pay a sum that they impose on you, and will most often happen if you don't turn up to the hearing and they get a judgment in default.

I'm sure the experts here would advise you if they believe you haven't got a chance. But they need to see copies of the NTK and all letters.

At the end of the day it's your decision, but everyone who pays up gives the PPCs a boost to their coffers, whereas defeating them in (or before) court may put a stop to their antics for everyone else.

The regulars here no doubt see mention of these letters from Wright Hassall often, so I'm wondering if they usually follow through, or generally just go away and this is another one of them 'try to scare them into paying' notices?

At this stage I'm unsure what to do, but I'm not in a position to defend a case where an infringement happened, because it is correct, but the parking fines in my view are unjustifiable high.

Am I in a position where by I can wait a further period of time to see what is issued next, or would that be unwise?

I assume Wright Hassall would need to return to TPS for authorisation to proceed, at great expense to them both, which they cannot then recover from me if it goes to court, because as said above, the likelyhood is that I'd only have to pay the original invoice.

My business head says they act together to send out as many template letters as possible in the hope of hooking a few, which keeps their directors very happy!

theres that word fine again...

its not a fine its a speculative invoice

and they

Sorry, you can understand as a relative newbie that words such as fine, debt, claim, charge etc all seem like the same thing, when of course in offering suggestions, it matters a lot.

well that's what all these fleecing parking companies and DCA's want you to think

which is why so many mugs pay them without reading things carefully and understanding

exactly what the letters do and don't ACTUALLY say.

and they

it is all about contract law and not parking itself.

If you employed a builder and didnt pay him for the work done he would sue you for breach of contract ( promising to pay him for something)

but if you agreed to having a slate put back on your roof and he billed you for a new roof then there is a lot of room for argument over what exactly the contract was and whether it had been performed to in the correct manner.

That is what we are interested in, making the parking co either show that the contract actually exists or looking at all of the elements of performance.

To do this we need certain information and the sooner you help us with that the better becasue we want to make right hassle back down.

If you do nothing they will assume that you dont answer any letters at all and a court summons will go unchallenged as well so they get the money by default and never have to prove it was ever owed.

as you have gathered WH rely on your ignorance in the world of legal letter writing so they use words that you will read one way when it actually says somehting else.

However, even though it isnt a promise to sue you that doesnt mean you want to ignore them as the next letter will be a point of no return for both you and them

There's not a lot else I can provide unfortunately.

Attached is the original TPS letter, which I guess you've seen countless times.

Assume the parking signage is correct, as I cannot get back there in the coming days unfortunately.

Question, do letters from Wright Hassall typically lead to pursuit of payment?

In 50% of cases, 10%, less? Gauging my odds versus stress!

IMG_3992.jpg

the NTK is not compliant with teh POFA to create a keeper liability, it is wrong on several points

You should write to Wright Hassal and tell them " there is no obligation to your client as they have failed to create a keeper liability under the POFA 2012. Any civil action will be vigourously defended at being vexatious."

If you dont respond they will sue you are they think you wont defend a claim

. My post above makes this clear

. I cannot give a percentage figure of how many people get sued because we do not know how many people actually respond but I can tell you that 85% of claims are successful becasue people dont defend them.

Send this one line letter and you are unlikely to join that particular club

. You will need to get piccies of the entrance to the car park and the signage so make an effort and you will save yourself a few hundred quid later.

Thank you ericsbrother. Can you tell me in novice terms what the statement you recommend I send actually means? How have TPS fallen foul of the rules; and do I need to take photos of the entrance and signage for sending with the letter, or just as a personal record?

Also, what is NTK and POFA?

Thank you ericsbrother. Can you tell me in novice terms what the statement you recommend I send actually means? How have TPS fallen foul of the rules; and do I need to take photos of the entrance and signage for sending with the letter, or just as a personal record?

Also, what is NTK and POFA?

Hello there.

Here's a link to the forum stikky with the abbreviations that the guys use.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?168275-Posting-in-this-Forum-and-A-Z-of-Motoring-Terms

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

In short,

the detail is not important to anyone at this moment,

you are just letting them know that you arent burying your head in the sand.

If you really want to know then you should read the wording of the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 schedule 4, particularly para 5, 6 8 and 9. para 9 is the most important.

The read the NTK you got and compare th two, bearing in mnd they must use exact phrases in places and they havent. That is not all though

they are saying that they are terribly upset that you havent paid them.

They are also upset that you have put them to the trouble of having to avoid telling the truth yet again and this has coat them the price of another stamp plus their time

this means that they are upset you dont believe them and they would still like you to pay them despite not having a lawful reason to demand monies.

As you have told them that they are wrong and you know it I doubt if they will relish a chance of wasting more money on this matter.

The bit about you owing ZZPS more than the original amount is utter cobblers and they know it.

Ok thank you,

I assume I should just leave it at this point and hope to hear nothing more from them.

Wouldn't surprise me if I get another letter just before Christmas of course.

Glad I've wasted their time.