style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2693 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I swapped the tags in TKMaxx yesterday (30/11).

it's the first time I did something like this so don't know what happens next and would be grateful for help.

. Got banned for a year from all TKMaxx stores in UK and due to a crime prevention system they operate also from all the shops in the Birmingham city centre.

I was told it's the city centre only, but the leaflet seems to say otherwise,

I'd appreciate if someone had the same experience and could advise, please.

When asked if it means I'll have a criminal record now,

the guard assured me it had nothing to do with the police and the only reason my name and address were passed to the officer already present (there were some police officers already, detaining two men) was to confirm my address as I had no such confirmation on me.

Was told the store's solicitors will be in touch asking for a fine, which might be between £50 and £100 and if that's not affordable, I will need to let them know.

I checked the leaflet after finding this forum, it is RLPlink3.gif

. I wanted to pay, but not sure I should anymore?

I wouldn't be able to pay it all or all in one go, so I would have to speak/write to RLPlink3.gif

. I am very scared of another debt collectorlink3.gif and also of possible court prosecution, don't know what I should do?

I've been looking for a job for a while,

RLP says they're allowed to share my record with potential employers.

Does it mean I can only apply for positions open to people with criminal record?

Or abroad (or maybe this doesn't make a difference as they'd check even from overseas)?

I'm also scared it may count as another fraud, so would like for this mistake to be rectified.

Thank you.

Edited by dx100uk

I understand that you feel very distressed about the situation, but this is a place where we can try to offer you practical help if you are prepared to engage with us. This is something we are quite good at.

In terms of your sense of guilt and your loss of your own self esteem, I'm afraid that we are not able to help you other than to say that if you want to engage with us for practical help, then your sense that you are doing something may put things into perspective and you won't feel so bad.

I hope you won't mind too much but I'm going to edit much of your first post and I'm going to close the thread.

I would recommend very strongly that you come back here and simply post what has happened and what kind of practical help we can offer you and then we will do our best.

Ther eis no fine. The stores solicitors wont contact you, Theyll pass the info to RLP or another ambulance chaser who will lie and try and threaten you into paying. Just ignore them. Regarding your last paragraph, stop thinking like that. Youre getting too far ahead of yourself.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Thanks for your reply. Like I wrote, it is RLP, not store solicitors. As for £2.49, you mean I shouldn't try to return it?

You need to completely ignore them, forget they exist - and stay away from their stores for the time being.

There will be several more letters, threatening all sorts of legal action, just ignore them.

You need to completely ignore them, forget they exist - and stay away from their stores for the time being.

There will be several more letters, threatening all sorts of legal action, just ignore them.

Thank you,

I haven't yet got a letter from RLP, just the leaflet at the store.

I'm worried about them, I get intimated easily.

Of course, I have no intention of going to any TK store or any shop in the city centre,

but now I'm scared just to go to any shop, including my local Coop, Asda or Lidl, in case they belong to that system.

I don't want to be prosecuted for burglary just for entering.

Regarding that over-refund,

I guess I will look on TKMaxx website and write to them?

Or does anybody know if there's a way to send it back just via my bank account?

Just forget it ever happened

There is nowt anyone esp a powerless retail loss prevention spoofer can do to harm you your employment nor you entering store s

There's nothing to stop you using the other shops as none of then have signed up to their profits being taken away by them not getting your business

I wouldn't worry about using tkmaxx either

They won't remember a thing in a few weeks time

Dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Of course, I have no intention of going to any TK store or any shop in the city centre, but now I'm scared just to go to any shop, including my local Coop, Asda or Lidl, in case they belong to that system. I don't want to be prosecuted for burglary just for entering.

By opening the doors to let customers in stores show an implied license to enter their premises.

If you have been banned, they have told you that that implied licence has been revoked for you.

So, if you did go into a store you have been banned from you are a trespasser.

A trespasser, not a burglar (as long as you aren't planning on stealing anything).

It would still be unwise to enter a store you knew you were banned from, but it wouldn't escalate you to being a burglar from being a trespasser ......

A trespasser, not a burglar (as long as you aren't planning on stealing anything).

It would still be unwise to enter a store you knew you were banned from, but it wouldn't escalate you to being a burglar from being a trespasser ......

Thank you, it would normally be my understanding, but the store guard told me just entering may be treated as burglary, thanks for correcting me.

And I honestly have no intention of going in, just worried I may enter one outside city centre unknowingly, hence my question to people from Birmingham.

Thank you, it would normally be my understanding, but the store guard told me just entering may be treated as burglary, thanks for correcting me.

And I honestly have no intention of going in, just worried I may enter one outside city centre unknowingly, hence my question to people from Birmingham.

Burglary would require

1) stealing (or attempting to steal) something once entered as a trespasser, or committing (or attempting to commit) GBH, or

2) having the intent to commit (in the premises) theft or GBH or criminal damage ; prior to entering the premises.

Perhaps someone might want to believe the store guard over me : in that case I'd refer them to s's 9(1) and 9(2) of the Theft Act 1968

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1968/60/section/9

Perhaps someone might want to believe the store guard over me

I don't, I did thank you for correcting me, hope I wasn't rude. And I appreciate your help.

What I said later was that I do not want to trespass unknowingly.

Hi and welcome.

Let us get this straight. This is NOT a fine. What you will receive is a letter 'alleging' you have committed a crime and demanding compensation however, if it is alleged, how can they demand anything. Only a court can make an allegation become a fact and TKMaxx don't bother. (Too much like hard work)

RLP can do nothing to you. EVER. Nor can any debt collector. They do not have the power, legal or otherwise.

The security staff at the store are not trained in legalistic so to claim, by entering a store, it is burglary is laughable. It would be purely trespass and all they can do is demand you leave. I do believe some security guards are wannabe coppers who couldn't even make the grade for a PCSO (or plastic plod as I like to call them) so they get a power trip by spouting loads of bovine excrement, knowing that you know even less. Makes them feel big. Nah! low paid staff, pure and simple.

When you get the first letter, we can help rip it apart for you. Just don't be convinced of RLPs 'mistruths'.

Oh yes, Don't do it again!

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Ignore them and stay away from the shop. Job done.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

I don't, I did thank you for correcting me, hope I wasn't rude. And I appreciate your help.

What I said later was that I do not want to trespass unknowingly.

You weren't rude, and no offence taken!

Hence why I said "someone",not "you", but figured that giving my definitive source would be a good resource for any doubters.

I do believe some security guards are wannabe coppers who couldn't even make the grade for a PCSO (or plastic plod as I like to call them) so they get a power trip by spouting loads of bovine excrement, knowing that you know even less. Makes them feel big. Nah! low paid staff, pure and simple.

When you get the first letter, we can help rip it apart for you. Just don't be convinced of RLPs 'mistruths'.

Hi and thank you. I will definitely post the letter as soon as I'll receive and will be grateful for any assistance.

As for the staff, I did feel horrible, but I did a horrible thing. So it is understandable if they showed their disgust or were intimidating or probably found it hard to believe the price difference wasn't big. I'm actually glad they caught me. Sure, I'd rather someone came to me on the shop floor to tap me on the shoulder and that would have been enough for me not show my face there out of shame ever again and to realise I need some help, but I deserved what I got.

Oh yes, Don't do it again!

I don't know why I did it and have no intention to repeat it...

Your last sentence speaks loudly.

It's worth thinking about why you did it. Do you think you may have been a tiny bit depressed over something. We have seen many times on the RLP forum where people cannot explain their actions only to find that after a chat with their GP, they have been diagnosed with depression and given a short course of happy pills to help them.

You did what you did. Nothing you can do about it now so look on this as a learning experience. If people don't learn from poor choices, they are doomed to make it again.

Look to the future, deal with the letters as they arrive. (there will be quite a few) Come here for help as and when. We regulars on this forum aren't around all the time but there is someone who can offer a virtual shoulder.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

You did what you did. Nothing you can do about it now so look on this as a learning experience. If people don't learn from poor choices, they are doomed to make it again.

Look to the future, deal with the letters as they arrive. (there will be quite a few) Come here for help as and when. We regulars on this forum aren't around all the time but there is someone who can offer a virtual shoulder.

It is much appreciated, believe me. I already feel better thanks to this thread and your replies. Being with it on my own with nobody to share, I felt I could not get over what I did and didn't know how to cope. So, with all my heart, thank you.

Like I said in the beginning, I tried to skip how I felt and my thoughts. I also really didn't want to portray myself as a victim. At the end of the day, it wasn't compulsion, I made a choice (a bad one). I have thought a lot of why I did it since and can see some things that pushed me over the edge.

I have been struggling with depression and physical illness and other problems, but thought I have overcome them and was now on top of things. I will ask my GP for help next week. I had some counseling when still at uni over a year ago, but I'm scared of antidepressants.

Edited by honeybee13
Inappropriate remark removed.

Why are you scared of anti depressants. They make you better.

You weren't rude, and no offence taken!

Hence why I said "someone",not "you", but figured that giving my definitive source would be a good resource for any doubters.

And it definitely is, thank you again, & it's good to have people sharing their knowledge (I learned in the past the importance of looking into legislation and its interpretation and that it's something to be encouraged).

Why are you scared of anti depressants. They make you better.

I don't know, maybe admitting I'm out of control? Or that they would influence me in a bad way? But after what happened, I'm prepared to try, if the doctors say it might be a good idea.

Theres nothing wrong with feeling a bit low and needing some help. Just ignore RLP, stay away from the shop and see what your doc says

Last, I have sent you a message.

In my case, I have been on happy pills for quite a while and when I started on them, it took about a month to get into my system. I have never looked back.

• Haha 1

Morning Last.

As two separate threads have been merged into one, I have removed the longer post you made.

I did notice on it that you were worried about working. RLP say they have a database of offenders. We have no absolute proof of this as;

a) It is for members of the retail sector only.

b) Only members can request details of a potential employee BUT they MUST get the employees permission first.

As far as I am aware, nobody has come back here to state they had to give permission before they were offered a job.

If an employer asks you if you have committed a criminal offence, the truthful answer is no. You have no need to share any details about this incident. as it is not a criminal matter.

RLP state that they keep this database for the prevention and detection of crime and this has a specific exemption in the Data Protection Act however, It is my belief that RLP would come unstuck should they share any information as this database contains the details of ALLEGED shoplifters, not convicted shoplifters.

I would imagine that RLP have people on this database who have paid up but I would still argue that they are still alleged as they paid up based on the misinformation supplied by RLP