• Tweets

• I'm still pondering/ trying to find docs re the above issue. Moving on - same saga; different issue I'm trying to understand what I can do: The lender/ mortgagee-in-possession has a claim v me for alleged debt. But the debt has only been incurred due to them failing to sell property in >5y. I'm fighting them on this.   I've been trying to get an order for sale for 2y.  I got it legally added into my counterclaim - but that will only be dealt with at trial.  This is really frustrating. The otherside's lawyers made an application to adjourn trial for a few more months - allegedly wanting to try sort some kind of settlement with me and to use the stay to sell.  At the hearing I asked Judge to expedite the order for sale. I pointed out they need a court-imposed deadline or this adjournment is just another time wasting tactic (with interest still accruing) as they have no buyer.  But the judge said he could legally only deal with the order at trial. The otherside don't want to be forced to sell the property.. Disclosure has presented so many emails which prove they want to keep it. I raised some points with the judge including misconduct of the receiver. The judge suggested I may have a separate claim against the receiver?   On this point - earlier paid-for lawyers said my counterclaim should be directed at the lender for interference with the receiver and the lender should be held responsible for the receiver's actions/ inactions.   I don't clearly understand that, but their legal advice was something to do with the role a receiver has acting as an agent for a borrower which makes it hard for a borrower to make a claim against a receiver ???.  However the judge's comment has got me thinking.  He made it clear the current claim is lender v me - it's not receiver v me.  Yet it is the receiver who is appointed to sell the property. (The receiver is mentioned/ involved in my counterclaim only from the lender collusion/ interference perspective).  So would I be able to make a separate application for an order for sale against the receiver?  Disclosure shows receiver has constantly rejected offers. He gave a contract to one buyer 4y ago. But colluded with the lender's lawyer to withdraw the contract after 2w to instead give it to the ceo of the lender (his own ltd co) (using same lawyer).  Emails show it was their joint strategy for lender/ ceo to keep the property.  The receiver didn't put the ceo under any pressure to exchange quickly.  After 1 month they all colluded again to follow a very destructive path - to gut the property.  My account was apparently switched into a "different fund" to "enable them to do works" (probably something to do with the ceo as he switched his ltd co accountant to in-house).   Interestingly the receiver told lender not to incur significant works costs and to hold interest.  The costs were huge (added to my account) and interest was not held.   The receiver rejected a good offer put forward by me 1.5y ago.  And he rejected a high offer 1y ago - to the dismay of the agent.  Would reasons like this be good enough to make a separate application to the court against the receiver for an order for sale ??  Or due to the main proceedings and/or the weird relationship a borrower has with a receiver I cannot ?
    • so a new powerless B2B debt DCA set up less than a month ago with a 99% success rate... operating on a NWNF basis , but charging £30 to set up your use of them. that's gonna last 5mins.... = SPAMMERS AND SCAMMERS. a DCA is NOT a BAILIFF and have  ZERO legal powers on ANY debt - no matter WHAT its type. dx      
    • Migrants are caught in China's manufacturing battles with the West, as Beijing tries to save its economy.View the full article
    • You could send an SAR to DCbl on the pretext that you are going for a breach of your GDPR . They should then send the purported letter of discontinuance which may show why it ended up in Gloucester and see if you can get your  costs back on the day. It obviously won't be much but  at least perhaps a small recompense for your wasted day. Not exactly wasted since you had a great win  albeit much sweeter if you had beat them in Court. But a win is a win so well done. We will miss you as it has been almost two years since you first started out on this mission. { I would n't be surprised if the wrong Court was down to DCBL}. I see you said "till the next time" but I am guessing you will be avoiding private patrolled car parks for a while.🙂
    • It is extremely disappointing that you haven't told us anything about the result of the hearing. You came here at the very last minute and the regulars - all unpaid volunteers - sweated blood trying to get an acceptable Witness Statement prepared in an extremely short time. The least you could have done is tell us how the hearing went, information invaluable for future users. Evidently not.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Economy Energy administrators demanding balance which has been paid

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1584 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

I'm looking for some advice, on how to deal with this problem.

Around ten days ago, my mother (79) received a letter, and rebate from British Gas along the lines of 'Sorry you are leaving...etc '

we phoned them to find out what was going on, and were told that a company neither of us has heard of, had taken over her Gas and Electric supplies!

British Gas said that since mid-summer, almost five months ago, the account change over to Economy Energy Trading Ltd.

Now, my mother pays her Electric bill by key, and her Gas account via a card at the local Post Office, and she's been doing this for years. Gas fortnightly, and Electric as and when required.

She would never knowingly move from British Gas! And assumed she was still a customer of their's.

Also:

she's never had a contract from Economy Energy

never received billing or any other type of letter from them

despite not paying her Gas to Economy Energy for almost 5 months has not received a reminder or anything.

As she wants to stay with (or return to) British Gas,

I Made a complaint ( by phone) to British Gas Sales Complaints team.

Who has since written saying that Economy Energy claim they have a valid contract.

I also phoned Economy Energy on the same day to complain, and they said they'll need two weeks to look into it.

I did ask them directly if they had a valid contract but the person couldn't say either way.

So how can I ;

return to account to British Gas from Economy Energy

make an effective complaint against Economy Energy and maybe even British Gas,

I think that it's shocking that GAS and Electric and be taken away from someone without their knowledge or agreement and they're not even informed of it.

Thanks in Advance, Bob

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thanks for the quick reply dx100uk,

so should I just ask for a copy of the original contract, and maybe follow the phone call up with a letter (recorded delivery) ?

From what I've read online they seem to be difficult to deal with somtimes.

thanks, bob

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 3 weeks later...

Here's an update.

Economy Energy claims that my mother agreed to swap her energy supply to them over the phone!

And they're claiming that they have a verbal contract with her.

Now, my mother is a very frail 79 yr old,

with hearing difficulty's AND refuses to ware her hearings aids.

So they cold called her!!!

That's how they claimed they got her account, all legal like.

Cold call deaf pensioners and get them to 'agree' to a verbal contract over the phone.

So, not happy about this, it's wrong in sooooo many ways.

I've been in contact with British Gas too,

they suggested that i ask for a copy of the conversation,

as is apparently my mothers right under the Freedom of Information act.

I've requested this from Economy Energy but as yet have not received a reply.

Only a letter saying they've looked into the matter and they have 'close my complaint'.

i have a name and address of one of there complaints team

i think i might write to them and ask again for the recording.

Might send a copy the the CEO of the company too, anyone know his/her name?

I do plan to contact the ombudsman once the required 10 weeks are up, and maybe contact the Citizen Advice Center too!

Any advice on where to go from here?

Cold calling deaf pensioners, what a company

Stop faffin around

Its a well known rouse

Goto the ombs

and they

You DO NOT need to wait the 8 weeks, get straight onto the Ombudsman NOW.

Send you story to BBC Watchdog, inform your local MP, inform the local media/press etc, and if these parasites have got hold of your mums bank details then you need to inform the bank that they are to be denied access to her account, and any DD or CPA that they may have set up is stopped immediately.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Ok, i'll phone the Ombudsman next week,

i'd still like to send the letter anyway and ask for the recording,

i'd really like to listen to their so called conversion and post it on youtube :-D .

British Gas suggested it might be to much trouble for EE to send the recording out (or maybe too embarrassing) that they might just send the account back to British Gas.

But i'll phone the Ombudsman as well.

As for contacting Watchdog etc,

i thought it'll be much better once i've tried to go through the process of getting the recording.

No banks details involved, it's all pre-payment meter and payment card.

and , yep i do faff around, it's a habit of mine

Send the clowns a SAR (£10) to get the recording of the call, but I'd bet they 'don't routinely record all calls', or some other such rubbish.

The whole reason behind contacting Watchdog, MP, local media etc, is NOT to get the phone recording, but to highlight and embarrass them and their unethical work practices so that they can either be shut down or heavily fined.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

i understand that Boo, but top of the 'to do' list at the moment is to get the account returned to British Gas. After that i'll do the other stuff.

p.s. in their 'the matter is now closed' letter the chap claimed that he had listened to the recordings and all was done correctly, he even claimed a supervisor had come on the line to ask my Mother if she was o.k. with everything. So i can't see them using the ' don't routinely record all calls' routine.

Edited by bob2016

OK, but you can do that whilst the SAR is running in the backgammon to BG, as it takes up to 40 days for them to send all the info.

just called the Ombusman, and they won't go near it until the 8 weeks are up, or until we receive a 'dead-lock' letter. Been advised to contact EE directly and say we're not happy with their handling of the complaint and would like them to look into it further.

Sorry I don't understand why we should be sending a SAR to British Gas when we want the recording from Economy Energy.

It's going to have to be a recorded letter to Economy Energy, as i first thought :-D

• 3 weeks later...
just called the Ombusman, and they won't go near it until the 8 weeks are up, or until we receive a 'dead-lock' letter. Been advised to contact EE directly and say we're not happy with their handling of the complaint and would like them to look into it further.

Sorry I don't understand why we should be sending a SAR to British Gas when we want the recording from Economy Energy.

It's going to have to be a recorded letter to Economy Energy, as i first thought :-D

Yep, ombudsman won't touch it until then.

I work in the industry and there is something massive going on with EE. Around May 2016 we started receiving an alarming amount of calls from customers saying they'd been switched without their knowledge, all prepayment customers. It soon became clear they were up to no good and OFGEM are investigating. Another company called E (or Lorimer Power) were up to the same tricks.

They're well known for:

- Doing fake price comparisons

- Taking details then submitting a contract against the customer's request

- Forcing their way into vulnerable people's homes, getting them to digitally sign a tablet to 'say they'd visited' which was also a contract

- Telling customers they 'had a standing charge on their meter' and were there to remove it, again it was signing a contract

- Telling customers their supplier is going out of business and they HAD to sign over to them

- Claiming other suppliers were being shut down by OFGEM for mis-selling (ironic..)

- Claiming WHD payments would be transferred when they aren't even part of the scheme

- Saying they don't charge a standing charge, when they do

Beware, if you've had any of the above happen or been steamrolled into signing up with them, contact Citizen's Advice and lodge a complaint that way. It was the sheer number of complaints in a short space of time that made OFGEM take notice.

E are doing EXACTLY the same. I'm almost certain they're the same company under 2 different names.

E are doing EXACTLY the same. I'm almost certain they're the same company under 2 different names.

After searching Companies House, they look like separate companies however:

E (GAS AND ELECTRICITY) LIMITED

has a director by the name of Paul Cooke and this company was formed on 08/05/14

but

ECONOMY ENERGY TRADING LIMITED

had a director of the same name who resigned on 30/05/14

So I think it's fair to say that Paul Cooke followed on from the practices of EETL

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

They have VERY scary similarities:

Phone numbers are almost identical

Same malpractice with sales

Both have an exact round to the penny standing charge - nobody else does that

Both are involved in wholesale fuels

Both target prepay smart meter customers

Both located in the same part of the country

Small, but somewhat meaningful similarities!

I agree. What may be the case is that conversations were had and this P Cooke formed another company with the blessing of the first company. Only guessing of course.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Another despicable trick they're pulling:

When prepay customers switch on a smart meter,

they're supposed to be given top up cards or a card number to use to top up.

Nobody is being sent any cards and every card number given over the phone doesn't work.

Customer reports this to Economy who add credit to their meter but add it as a debt also

so when the customer can top up, it takes money back.

Problem is they NEVER can top up.

Some customers have been like this for months.

Of course when it comes to switching,

they'll object because of the debt and tbe customer is completely stuck, unable to top up and unable to switch!

Have a look at their trustpilot page, it's hilarious.

So many 1 star reviews

but over the last 3 days about 30-40 review,

all 4 and 5 stars from people called 'Tracy', 'Robert', 'Mark' etc.

They all are very basic 2 liners all saying things like

'i recieved my card very fast' or 'so much cheaper than everywhere else'.

Because they aren't EE employees at all are they..

Anyone who they can't confirm as a customer they report to Trustpilot,

but all these one name wonders all have verified orders and are apparently genuine.

They are beyond ridiculous.

A bit more info on EE.

Since the company started in October 2012 there have been two investigations by OFGEM and both investigations showed many breaches by EE.

In the first case they had conditions imposed on them.

In the second case they were fined £1!

They did make a donation of £250K (less the £1 penalty) to Citizens Advice.

The icing on this particular company is that OFGEM are investigating them for the third time.

As this investigation is still ongoing, no updates as yet but it is about their sales and marketing obligations so it may be worth contacting them to add more fuel to the fire

Quick question,

can Economy Energy pass my Mothers account onto a debt collector without first going through a court?

She's been setting her Gas payments aside untill the account is returned to British Gas.

But received a letter today with the headline 'We're passing to a debt collection agency' in bold :)

goes on to mentions legal action and Gorilla's making a home visit.

Not nice when they know she's a very frail 79yr old on heavy medication.

I think this is in response to my call to them two days ago :lol:

yes ofcourse they could

but a DCA is NOT A BAILIFF

and never can be

any never can have ANY legal powers.

the doorstepper will be the same.

dx

and they