injury compensation

marke32
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2688 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone I hope somebody here could just give me a little more information about my issue below?

On the 8th of November my solicitor accepted on my behalf a compensation payout for an injury sustain in a previous job.

I was told monies should be received by them within 14 days and then once the cheque had cleared the monies would be sent to me via bacs.

They hadn't received the money within the 14 days (22nd Nov)

when I enquire my solicitors secretary said it had been followed up and I would be notified once they received it.

However today I received an email from my solicitor saying she had been actively chasing the monies and has been notified the insurers have gone into liquidation.

However my compensation is covered by the financial services compensation scheme, and they they will be paying the monies.

I just want to know if this is normal and if i will receive the full amount, also what sort of timescale I'm looking at?

any help would be great

thanks

Mark

Edited by honeybee13
Paras.

Marke32

Gale AG are the insurers according to my solicitor. I am assuming they're part of Ageas because they were the insurers on the companies insurance certificate

Hello there.

I've moved you to the General Legal forum for further comment and left you a link to follow.

Can you tell us which insurance company please?

HB

Marke32

probably only get 90% if other payouts thru the fscs are anything to go by.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Your claim is against your previous employers. There insurers cover their risk – not yours. This means that if there insurers go out of business then it is up to your previous employers to make alternative arrangements.

If a figure has been agreed then your claim is against your employers. You should contact your solicitors immediately and tell them that the fact that your previous employers' insurers of gone out of business is nothing to do with you. That is a problem for the employers and that they, your solicitors, should proceed against them.

I should also comment that it is beyond belief that one has to spell this kind of thing out to a professional firm of solicitors. It is their job to understand these kinds of things and to take appropriate action in your interests.

Thank you for your advice, but having done my research, the FSCS was set up to protect people like me should a financial institution go bust. My claim was settled apart from actually receiving my money and in this case the FSCS will be paying my claim in full.

I should also comment that it is beyond belief that one has to spell this kind of thing out to a professional firm of solicitors. It is their job to understand these kinds of things and to take appropriate action in your interests.

Marke32

• 2 weeks later...

just to update I received 100% of my compensation today paid in full by the fscs. Probably better you don't give advice when you have clearly no idea

Your claim is against your previous employers. There insurers cover their risk – not yours. This means that if there insurers go out of business then it is up to your previous employers to make alternative arrangements.

If a figure has been agreed then your claim is against your employers. You should contact your solicitors immediately and tell them that the fact that your previous employers' insurers of gone out of business is nothing to do with you. That is a problem for the employers and that they, your solicitors, should proceed against them.

Marke32