Horizon Parking / Private Space / Flat Owner

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2695 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Horizon are incoming at my flat.

I have been informed that only one permit will be issued to my space.

I give my space to a girl I know, while I'm at work for free.

I'm not in it and it's never been an issue.

I have phoned the management company who hgave informed me that the block management team have voted on this. ( We have a development residents association, which have voted this )

I'm not on it nor ever wish to be.

I know that by parking my own car in the space, they would have to ticket me and go through the process of chasing me on multiple tickets. Ive never paid one before, thanks to this fine forum. :)

I just cant deal with the grief of it all. It stresses me out and it's a lot of messing around for something I gain nothing from except a favour for a mate. It does make her life much easier and cheaper and I'd like to carry on.

I own the flat. I have owned the flat for 12 years. I was there before the current management company and multiple parking companies.

Is there a straight forward legal issue with someone telling me what I can do with something I own a lease on and will until I'm long dead?

Apologies if this is in the wrong place.

Edited by honeybee13
Paras.

In short, they cant. However, parking companies are stupisd and greedy so they will try but ultimately fail. How rich are you? If you have the money to go to a lwayer you tan take out an injunction against them for trespass if they set foot on your parking space or harass you by ticketing your car/any car you allow to be there.

In short, they cant. However, parking companies are stupisd and greedy so they will try but ultimately fail. How rich are you? If you have the money to go to a lwayer you tan take out an injunction against them for trespass if they set foot on your parking space or harass you by ticketing your car/any car you allow to be there.

I'm not rich, nevertheless..... I'm on the phone now. I will post details of what a solicitor says and the ballpark costs for anyone reading this further down the line. Thanks for the reply.

It's an absolute nonsense of a rule!

Yep, the well known one was davey v UKPC, originally on here as a help wanted post.

It doesnt really matter what the managemnt agents say or what the residents committee vote for unless there is a clause in your lease giving them powers that are encombent upon you and that would be rare in this country unless it is a shared freehold.

You could let the managemnt co know that you arent going to pay their games and expect them to tell th parking co that you are entitles to "quiet enjoyment" of your property and they should therefore go nowhere near it. If you do end up taking legal action you can name them as co-respondents if you have given them fair warning. The good thing about this would be that you get your legal costs back when you get your injunction/damages for trespass/harassment. The bad news is that it will be difficult to persuade them not to be silly from the outset so expect to have to deal with their ticketing to start off with. Siad it before, they generally arent bright enough to know the legalities of the business they are in, previously they got by with some clamps and a battered towing truck to make money.

The one thing that would bother me is if someone parks in the space and leaves me stranded. This happens anyway, we are supposed to take photos and send them to the parking company. I cant imagine anything worse than helping the idiots do their feeding.

I have drafted this to send to the management company. Is this ok?

Good morning,

I have spoken on the phone to someone yesterday requesting a second parking permit. After your refusal, I'm now sending the request in writing.

My lease entitles me ' quiet enjoyment ' of MY property. I'm asking politely for something very simple, something I have always had before.

I have also applied via webmail directly to Horizon. I will also send it via normal email.

you dont need a permit and they cannot really refuse you a second one or even a millionth one as it is YOUR space and once a car is there you cant put another one in it. However, they are in the game of making money by rooking you by playing silly buggers hence the refusal.

If you have one already just scan it and photoshop it to suit the other vehicle details. It is at best an administrative convenience. Another thing you can do is send them a letter of contract saying that by placing anything on any vehicle parked on your property they are agreeing that they will pay you £200 for each occasion they do this. This unilateral contract is more valid than theirs so you could then sue them each time they slap a demand on your cars.

Edited by honeybee13
Paras.

you dont need a permit and they cannot really refuse you a second one or even a millionth one as it is YOUR space and once a car is there you cant put another one in it. However, they are in the game of making money by rooking you by playing silly buggers hence the refusal.

If you have one already just scan it and photoshop it to suit the other vehicle details. It is at best an administrative convenience. Another thing you can do is send them a letter of contract saying that by placing anything on any vehicle parked on your property they are agreeing that they will pay you £200 for each occasion they do this. This unilateral contract is more valid than theirs so you could then sue them each time they slap a demand on your cars.

Hehehe! Like it!!!