Chubbs vs Halifax.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6318 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

I suppose it was about time that I posted onto the forums, I suppose i'm just one of those people who can sit for hours looking at what everyone else is doing, and then get some good idea of what i'm suppose to do, and how to do it.. I reckon that it's just that i don't like to bother other people if i can work it out for myself..

Firstly, i must say, this is an excellent site.. I didn't even know about the consumer action group until i fell across it a couple of months ago. Have no fear, there will be a donation winging it's way across as soon as i've finished with the Halifax..

So, to update you, I've got the total amounts for the claim against them £730.00, and i've sent them both the prelim letter and the letter before action.

I've received back an offer for £235.00 settlement in full leave us alone and all that... which isn't going to be something that i'm going to accept.

So, onto today... well, I have 3 days left before there 14 days is up.. then I suppose it's time to issue court proceedings and see what they do from there.

I don't know what there reactions will be at this time of the year, xmas is coming soon, so i know that they will have no interest in sorting any of these possible court actions out against them. but anyway, I will keep you posted of what i'm going to be doing and let you know how I get on.

Keep up the good work, if this is the first post that you are reading and this is all new to you, believe me, spend some time reading through this website and all will become very clear.. there is some excellent knowledge and help available.

thanks

Chubbs.:p

• 4 weeks later...

ok, so today, i received a notification from the court to tell me that the halifax intend to defend against my claim in full.

Now I understand that they have 28 days to return a defence against me or I can then apply for a default judgement.

I've been looking through here to see what the normal outcome is in this case, but wouldn't mind just asking, is this the normal procedure, then they are likely to settle the amount? or is it changing and they are starting to go to court with these claims?

I'll keep you posted as to what's happening.

cheers.

Hi Chubbs,

Yes this is normal procedure. You should receive a letter saying that it's too expensive to defend so they will pay your claim. They acknowledged my claim with the intention to defend on the 1st December and I received a letter as above on Friday. I rang them to confirm acceptance and they told me the money would be in my account within 5 days. I told them I would cease the court action once the money was in the account. I hope this helps.

David