style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 748 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Go read post 20 again

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

spreadsheets 

there are thousands of thread here that mention DR+, read some of them and you will see that the advice given in post#24 is not unique so why are you asking the question.

You cannot live in a bubble, you must learn from sources other than your own thread and then you will know what to ask and what we expect you to do in return. It will save a lot of time and effort and you will then hopefully gain some confidence so if the dodgy lawyers do send you a letter you will be looking forward to telling them what you think of them and their clients

Apologies - have not been able to carry out as extensive reading as I perhaps should have - wasn't fully aware of the distinction between the debt recovery letter and the letter I should expect at some point from their lawyers. I have a bit of free time this weekend (for the first time in a while!) so will have a look at some other posts.

Thanks for your help so far & apologies again for my current ignorance!

Hi there,

Couple of things

- it's been a fair while of having debt collection letters through every 4-6 weeks or so.

Have just had a letter (attached) through from Gladstones Solicitors which appears to essentially be the same as the debt recovery letters

(i.e. no actual court action as yet).

I presume I just need to sit on this until they actually take the case on?

Additionally I am looking to move house in the near future

- I'm aware I need to ensure that whoever is chasing me has my latest contact details so I don't get a CCJ against me without knowing

- how is best to go about this?

Do I just send whichever debt agency/solicitor firm a letter saying what my new address is and for all further information to be sent there?

Thanks in advance

(and apologies it's not a scanned image, I don't have (and can't really afford) a scanner at home)

gladdy letter.pdf

"Dear Gladstones.

Any claim by your client is denied, and will be defended robustly if they decide to issue proceedings.

My address until is as current : , but from that date will be ."

Copy to DR Plus, and VCS Ltd (to cover all bases in case any of them wanted to go for a sneaky unopposed CCJ).

Minimum of proof of posting (free of charge) for each (and staple these to a copy of the letter, to keep for if they try a 'backdoor CCJ' (and / or recorded or special delivery if you are feeling flush!)

Agree but dont be polite to any of them,

let them all know that their demands are spurious and denied in their entirety and let VCS know that Gladdys are getting a reputaion in court that makes judges vent their spleen just for appearing on the paperwork and you will happily add to this reputation at their cost should they not see sense

Hi again,

Appears the address change was noted and they've decided to use a different firm?

Do I need to actually respond to this one?

Thanks in advance.

Letter.pdf

nope you've made your point

just don't ignore a claimform should they be that stupid to issue one.

dx

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

spreadsheets 

BWL are the parking worlds second favourite waste of money after Gladdys. They still cant be bothered to remind their client that the "initial £60 legal costs" arent legal so that tells you all you need to know about the honesty and integrity of these firms