Questions asked at esa and pip medicals re mental health issues

BELINDA1066
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2701 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Am due to attend the above medicals in support of a claimant.

Was wondering if anybody has been to a PIP/ESA medical in the past year and what questions were asked in respect of mental health issues specifically.

I know that there are lists of questions typically asked by assessors on the web etc, but am particularly interested in recent trends and any "trick" questions.

Thanks

Some of the questions will be the same as what's on the form. (can you cook a meal, what medication, if any, etc) It'll also be things like do you have any children or pets, can you drive, what do you do each day, etc.

They will also ask in general, how do the conditions affect you.

That was for PIP. Not had a face to face for ESA.

They asked me silly stuff add 2 plus 5 plus 2

subtract blah, blah, blah

how did I spend my day

he pointed to three things in the room and asked me to remember them - then asked me a little later to state them back

did I cook

could I get from a to b when out and about alone

eating habits

did I watch tv did I read

did I have a MH councillor

No trick questions as such but then nothing really aimed at genuine MH problems, just silly questions.

He even told me what work I could be suitable for.

I was placed in the working group which I appealed (and was moved into support) with a covering letter from my CPN without that letter I would not have won the appeal.

Take in some notes as to what day to day life is (on the bad days) you forget these things when under pressure (and if like me) some things are best forgotten (but they need to told at the medical.

I failed my PIP medical as the person there took no notice of what I said, she seemed more interested in my bodies state of function (again I appealed) with another letter from CPN and again won my case.

I have since gone on to be diagnosed with a border line personality disorder, so proves how little tuned into MH problems they really are.

Just stay focused and 'good luck'.